[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how do I git gud in pic related? I can win the first three stages
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 8
File: serveimage.jpg (73 KB, 645x650) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
73 KB, 645x650
how do I git gud in pic related? I can win the first three stages with no problem whatsoever (winning by more than a minute to the next rival), but then sweden comes and everything goes downfall from every stage afterwards, I start to struggle to get into the sixth first places. It's me, or does the CPU get competitive in those stages? oh, and the UK stage is fucking hell for me.

Also, general /racing/ retro thread
>>
>>3209526
Change the power ratio to your front axle all the way.
>>
Bumpy bumpity bump
>>
>>3209526
PC version is miles better.
>>
Cant remember the exact lay of the land with this. But im assuming sweden is an ice track?

If the physics are up to scratch what you want is a driving form called "constant deceleration"

Which involves blasting out the gate as per usual but instead of breaking b4 a corner just let the gas off earlier swing hard through the corner and correct with more gas... Very much like drifting but not quite.
>>
>>3211272
the problem is not just with sweden, but everything else after it. Kenya and Australia are mainly gravel types and not too hard, yet I cannot get good results there. I don't know if it's just that the CPU steps up after france or I'm getting the setup painfully wrong (I don't feel like I'm driving badly, except in the UK which is super hard)
>>
>>3209526
Don't crash your helicopter.
>>
>>3211307
Sounds like your setups anon

Personally I use short ratio gear box and the constant deceleration method described above for the majority of tracks its just nailing the corners better than the AI
Very few and far between is a long open gearbox needed.
Midrange should cover everything desu
As power front rear balance...
increase power to the rear till you find your sweetspot and increase breaking to the front again till you find your sweetspot.

Best advice I can give anon

Like any other racer... Find the best line and practice... You should be making gains of 10 seconds for maybe 45+ when your in the zone

Above all enjoy it
>>
>>3209526
Sisu
>>
File: setup for shitpostland.webm (969 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
setup for shitpostland.webm
969 KB, 640x480
>medium-short gear ratios
>medium hard suspension
>slight front-biased power and brakes
>slightly lowered brake power
>slightly increased steering sensitivity
>>
File: CMR2 2016-05-13 21-24-26-93.png (643 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
CMR2 2016-05-13 21-24-26-93.png
643 KB, 1280x960
>>
>>3211574
>>3211579
God those menus were slick for their time.
>>
>>3212097
yeah, specially compared to many racing games of that era (excluding Wipeout, Gran Turismo & RRT4). Recently I've replayed many racers from that era, the F1 titles for PS1/N64/PC, or the Toca Touring games and many other racers. Some of the worst menu designs in the history of gaming. That's one aspect I won't miss for sure.
>>
File: 1339872019367.jpg (53 KB, 432x355) Image search: [Google]
1339872019367.jpg
53 KB, 432x355
>>3212097
>Codemasters menu designs
>>
File: image.jpg (72 KB, 640x433) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
72 KB, 640x433
I played the fuck out of the N-Gage port of this. Weird how CMR 2005 was actually a port of 2.0, but considering that's the best one, no complaints.
>>
you should constantly change your setups according to the stages, and i think steering with the dpad is faster than analog
>>
>>3212137
this is why i DO believe that games age. those menus are clean and minimalistic. Seriously would blend in with a game that came out today. I recently went through GT2-GT3 and those menus are awful. If i saw a game that came out this year with menus like this, I'd be impressed.
>>
File: gt_bottom.png (55 KB, 1536x384) Image search: [Google]
gt_bottom.png
55 KB, 1536x384
>>3212778
>talking shit about the orange era of GT
Eventually you'll grow up and become a man, we all do.
>>
File: gt_top.png (39 KB, 1920x480) Image search: [Google]
gt_top.png
39 KB, 1920x480
>>3212778
>>3212795
More orange era if you need further convincing
>>
Is there a tier list of cars? I always thought, for some reason, that Peugeot 206 and Seat Cordoba handle the best and Subaru Impreza felt wonky as fuck.
>>
File: cmr2 cars.webm (995 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
cmr2 cars.webm
995 KB, 640x480
>>3213124
not really, but the Impreza, 206 and Cordoba would all be in the same tier anyway - (then) modern WRC cars
if you want something completely different, try the Group B cars
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.