[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should I buy N64 games now? The prices seem to be reaching and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: th.jpg (11 KB, 350x241) Image search: [Google]
th.jpg
11 KB, 350x241
Should I buy N64 games now?

The prices seem to be reaching and even exceeding NES and SNES levels of bullshit, with common games like Smash demanding a whopping $50-$100 loose. Do you think they've reached a plateau, or are they just going to skyrocket even further?
>>
Smash is sort of a special exception because tourneyfags snatch it up, and smash has a LOT of tourneyfags. Most other games, by which I mean anything that's not 1st party, is raising at the same slower & steady rate as most other retro.
>>
>>3209445
Makes sense. Are there any 3rd party games that are really worth a play, though?

And what of 1st/2nd party games?
>>
>>3209456
Depends. What genres do you like?
>>
>>3209445
This. Look at the prices of Melee, they can sometimes exceed the original SSB64. Brawl gets up there too and nobody even cares about that anymore.

Then there's games like Conker which price high thanks to let's players. The Zelda games are starting to become pricey despite being common as fuck because they top people's best of lists. Mario Party I honestly have no explanation for but they're expensive.

Those games are probably going to stay high, the rest should be fine but I'm no finance expert.
>>
>>3209495
3D platformers and action-adventure, mainly.
>>
>>3209423
>should I buy in a peaking market?
Does it make it easier to think logically when it's spelled out like that?
>>
>>3209516
I think the question in OP was whether the market was peaking or not.
>>
>>3209508
The Chameleon Twist games, Glover, the three Bomberman games, Body Harvest, the Goemon games, Gauntlet Legends, Megaman 64 and the Castlevania games all range from decent to really good
>>
Ive been buying N64 games lately. I'd say on average I spent about 7-8 dollars a game. I didn't go to any flea markets that was just multiple gaming shops around my area and online prices.
>>
>>3209516
>a limited quantity of items with steadily growing demand is a peaking market

What exactly do you think is going to happen to prices for retro games? They're just suddenly going to go down?

Over time we're going to have a larger population and a significantly larger population on the internet, collecting older games will only get harder and harder as new buyers enter the market and new copies aren't in production.

We're also losing copies in circulation. Cartridge based consoles at least aren't threatened by disc rot, but consider that with every flood, every housefire and earthquake we're slowly bleeding copies out of the market.
>>
>>3209548
Disc rot is a myth
>>
Got NTSC-J N64 recently, now waiting for two games in the mail now, Mischief Makers and Wonder Project J2.
Not even sure if I'm going to buy any other games for the system. Most games in recommendation lists look like combinations of several things I dislike in videogames.
>>
I'll ask here instead of making a thread.

I head that they found some hex edits using a Gameshark that can turn off the horrible smudge filter on most games to give a sharper image.

Does the gameshark have any form of region lock / restrictions? I see them for sale pretty cheap in the US.
>>
>>3209570
It's real but discs are supposed to last dozens upon dozens of years before rot shows.

It's the badly pressed or defective discs that we hear about, those where something went really wrong.
>>
Its expensive because everyone wants that shit.
>inb4 get a flashcart
How deep in the hole would i be if i wanted to get a 64 with 4 controllers, goldeneye, mario 64, podracing and super smash?
>>
>>3209865
probably at least $200. Podracer is the only cheap item of that whole lot.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.