[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm stuck on Secret of Mana. I keep getting wrecked by the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
I'm stuck on Secret of Mana. I keep getting wrecked by the spiky tiger, and my party is pretty underlevelled. The thing is I can't even level them up because the AI is too retarded. I tell them to keep away on the action grid but the minute I hit an enemy and run away, they literally just stand there and take all the damage until they are dead. Until now I've pretty much been playing the game by just letting them die and playing as the main character, but it turns out I need them for the spiky tiger fight. I didn't get armor for them either and the magic rope isn't working, so I can't even really go back without backtracking through the entire dungeoun again.

What should i do here?
>>
>>3209420

Secret of Mana is a bad game. It doesn't deserve all the prais it gets nowadays.
>>
>>3209787
Well I was really enjoying it up until this point.
>>
>>3209420
>>3209839
>I was really enjoying it up until literally the first real boss battle.

Just fuck off, kid. You already fucked yourself.
>>
>>3209420

http://www.romhacking.net/utilities/1043/

And if you're using an actual cartridge get a cheap Super Ufo Pro 8 flashcard and use it to download/upload the sram after patching.
>>
File: unnamed (1).jpg (149 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
unnamed (1).jpg
149 KB, 512x512
>>3209420
This game seems like it would be great with two other people. Anybody actually play through it that way?
>>
>>3209420
>What should i do here?

just start over, you're right at the beginning anyways. next time buy good armor for Sprite and Girl and don't neglect leveling them up.
>>
You tried to lone wolf in a game where you can't lone wolf.

Accept your lesson and backtrack or start over.
>>
>>3209420
Level is important in this section but you can still do it fairly simply if you go to the village before Gaia's Navel and buy all the best armour there. Then max out on healing items and you should be able to win I'm a war of attrition even if you don't do that much damage to it.

Spiky Tiger is one of the only really difficult parts of the game so don't worry too much if you struggle.
>>
>>3209420
>1. Go back
>2. Kill all monster in one area
>3.???
>4. Profit
>Repeat

Had the same problems on one of my play through.
>>
>>3209895
Not fully but VC release allowed 3 player and me/two friends played s few hours like that.

It was pretty cool, although nobody wants to play as the Sprite early on and there's gonna be at least two people who want the sword at all times(I like the boomerang so this didn't affect me).

I wanna try co-op SD3 one day.
>>
Just turn off the game and never play it again. If you can't even be bothered to use or lvl your party, play a different genre.
>>
>>3209420
Neko sells armour in the prison, doesn't he?

Murder the enemies with the bow to get money, use the murdering to level up and the money to buy everyone armour, done.

It's normal to die to Spiky in one's first playthrough, but the means to push through are there.
>>
>>3209420
It probably takes less to play again from the beginning (and levelling and buying the best gear for the party), than to fix your current situation.

Anyway, (if I remember correctly) the game has a difficulty spike there and in the next macroarea, then it becomes easy all the way to the last dungeon.
>>
Anybody else played this game a zillion times when young?

Did you know you can max out the magic and it gets a new animation 2/3 of the times?
>>
It's not that hard. I've done it and I'm not great at these games. Neko is in the forest just before this castle isn't he?
>>
*millennial alert*

It's probably too hard for you.
Don't bother...go play easier millennial games.
>>
>>3209420
Welcome to Secret of Mana. Start again. It's really not very good btw, fantastic music though.
>>
>>3209420
Well first of all don't try fighting the wolves they will wreck you if you aren't at least lvl 10 or higher try grinding lvls on an enemy you are comfortable with fighting.
Learn to switch between your characters as well
you need to be at least lvl 13 to easily beat Spiky.
>>
>>3215057
Also you really need to go back and get that armor as well.
>>
>>3209895
A friend and I finished the game that way, it was fucking fun, by the end we didn't want it to end and just run through the last dungeon before we reached the boss and then returned to the entrance killing everything, we were so overpowered we could nuke the last boss without even trying.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.