[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
"I'LL FUCKING KILL YOU!" Whoa, still surprised
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 9
File: Shenmue Pedro.jpg (9 KB, 320x268) Image search: [Google]
Shenmue Pedro.jpg
9 KB, 320x268
"I'LL FUCKING KILL YOU!"

Whoa, still surprised Sega got away with this line back in the day.

Things that slipped under the ESRB radar thread.
>>
I'm guessing the ESRB didn't bother checking out the entire game, given how big it is.
>>
File: kkk.jpg (51 KB, 445x250) Image search: [Google]
kkk.jpg
51 KB, 445x250
>>3209203
One of the most jaw dropping moments in videogames.
>>
>>3210859
That's not an evil oy vey swastika since it's completely backwards.
>>
>>3210841
The people at the ESRB don't actually play the games. The developers fill out a questionnaire and show them a video of what kind of content is in the game that would influence the rating process.
>>
>>3210870
>That's not an evil oy vey swastika since it's completely backwards.

I don't know which is which but I think they could still have a demanded a modification or changing the symbol just to avoid confusion altogether.
>>
From MegaMan X3's ending sequence:

X: Damn! It's dead end...

It still kinda shocks me that a K-A rated SNES game had "damn" in it. Sure, there are worse curse words, but I really think that the Capcom translator wanted to see what they could get away with. I mean, it isn't like many really little kids were going to beat the game in the first place.
>>
>>3210885
Damn is pretty damn quaint as far as swear words go but yea, usually they'd use something dorky instead of any actual swear word.
>>
>>3209203
Wha? He just says "I'll kill you!", no fucking. At least in the one I played.
>>
>>3210870
>>3210882
It could also be flipped because the sprite is facing left. It would be full Nazi if facing the right.
>>
File: sm64b.jpg (39 KB, 350x300) Image search: [Google]
sm64b.jpg
39 KB, 350x300
"So long Bowser, you fucking faggot!" - Super Mario 64
>>
>>3211006

top hue
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (27 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
27 KB, 480x360
Tifa: The world is going to end tomorrow and we're all probably going to die. Cloud, I want you to fuck me like the filthy cock-slut that I am until dawn.

Cloud:...

Never really got this one as a kid. I think there's a sexual undertone in it somewhere...
>>
>>3211006
When he jumps he says squaw, wop and yahoo. You don't even need to make up stuff
>>
File: 1463149257155.jpg (53 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1463149257155.jpg
53 KB, 480x360
Not sure why Sega felt the need to say this once you best the game. Seems a bit harsh.
>>
File: homoman.gif (2 KB, 256x232) Image search: [Google]
homoman.gif
2 KB, 256x232
I always thought this was a weird bit of engrish.
>>
/tv/ pls go. It was funny at first for the Raimi Spodermin movies, now you've killed the funny
>>
"Right, now I'd better take off these wet clothes and clean this sweat out of my glistening ass crack." - Lara Croft, Tomb Raider

Core Design felt this was in good taste but got pissy over the internet obsessing over Nude Raider? C'mon son.
>>
Wasn't there a genesis game with a nude code?
>>
>>3211207
Yeah. Rings of Power.
>>
>>3209203
Video evidence?
>>
>>3211034
Well the Japanese script pretty much hints at exactly this happening. So...
>>
>>3211120
Well how else would you know it was over if they didn't put END?
>>
>>3209203
In case yo people dont visit /tv/, this is a meme thread

you modify an original quote by adding swear words and say "wow really? they really went far there"
>>
File: bad_listener.jpg (65 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
bad_listener.jpg
65 KB, 480x360
Wow, Capcom.. I know times were different when sf2 came out but this goes a bit far.
>>
>>3212094
>Should of
>>
File: image.png (2 MB, 6144x3584) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2 MB, 6144x3584
>>3212102
>>
>>3212123
>dat aspect ratio
>>
File: hongkong97-05.gif (12 KB, 256x220) Image search: [Google]
hongkong97-05.gif
12 KB, 256x220
No clue how Nintendo let this one slide.

'Family Friendly' MY ASS!
>>
>>3210882
Or you could've called anyone who complained about it an "ignorant racist".
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.