[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
HAS ANYONE ACTUALLY MADE A DECENT GAME WITH THE RPG MAKER SERIES?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5
File: header.jpg (57 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
57 KB, 460x215
Anyone?
>>
OFF, LISA series, To the Moon, to name a few
>>
When I was a depressed teenager I tried to start a video game in RPG Maker 2000 called "Animosity for Humans." I still have some of the title banners I made.

I wonder how much time it took the creator of that program to make it. What a waste.
>>
>>3208887
Seconding OFF. Space Funeral and Yume Nikki are pretty good too.
>>
RPG Maker 2000 isn't retro.
>>
Yes. I don't think any of them are /vr/ though.
>>
File: X23PWUg.jpg (240 KB, 1800x1926) Image search: [Google]
X23PWUg.jpg
240 KB, 1800x1926
>>3208931
Yeah, well RPGMaker 95 was a shit show too.

Holla Sorcery Net
>>
>>3208887
Let me list some good RPG Maker 2000 games.

Legion Saga 2 and 3 (A major Suikoden homage)
Final Fantasy Endless Nova (This game really shows off RPG Maker's potential)
Jay's Journey (Lampshades like a motherfucker while being decent)
>>
Super Columbine was done in RPG Maker, right?
>>
I made one on the PSX port back in the day and it was about collecting rare NES carts. This was in like 2001~.
>>
>>3208887
Not Retro, but Yume Nikki was made in RPG Maker
>>
Is there some site or similar resource collecting them? I'm particularly interested in old Japanese ones.
>>
>>3208992
Here's a reason to play FFEN.

It has the Final Fantasy 2 level-up system.

Except it works.
>>
http://www.crestfallen.us/

I particularly like that every character in this game is flawed.
>>
>>3209034
Holy shit, how?
>>
>>3209065
For starters you can't attack your own allies, and there's a lack of leveling-up spells and the game is actually fairly difficult at times so squandering MP isn't really all that viable. If I recall, restoring MP and HP is what increases defense and magic.

Also, stat gains are at a very slow pace.
>>
>>3209071
Damn son, I'm downloading that shit.
>>
File: forest room.png (565 KB, 1600x704) Image search: [Google]
forest room.png
565 KB, 1600x704
I'm hoping my game for RPG Maker 2 (Super Famicom version) will turn out pretty good. Pic related is of one of the rooms in my forest dungeon; I tried to mix indoor and outdoor rooms like in OoT's Forest Temple, and I think it turned out ok.
>>
Charles Barkley: Shut Up and Jam Gaiden. Wasn't Yume Nikki also made with RPG Maker? Neither are retro, though.
>>
>>3209138
Damn son, I remember when I used to make meme games with RPG Maker 2. That was good stuff.

Anybody have RPG Maker MV or whatever the new one is? How is it?
>>
>>3209138
That looks pretty comfy. I bet the shade of the forest keeps this place nice and cool in the summer, while the wooden housing stays warm in the winter.
>>
>>3209147
SUAJ was made in Game Maker, actually.
>>
File: Yume Nikki.jpg (77 KB, 600x375) Image search: [Google]
Yume Nikki.jpg
77 KB, 600x375
>>3209147
>Wasn't Yume Nikki also made with RPG Maker?

Yea, it was. I really wish this game spawned a series which isn't impossible considering the success it has.
>>
>>3209310
Yume Nikki itself is already a spiritual successor to LSD, there are also a lot of games inspired by Yume Nikki or ones that directly ape it, and unfortunately all of them are terrible without exception. Especially Undertale.
>>
File: 1844494-ao_oni_large.png (71 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1844494-ao_oni_large.png
71 KB, 300x300
Yume Nikki
.flow
Yume 2kki
The Witches House
Ib
Ao Oni

The best Rpg Maker games aren't Rpgs
>>
>>3209319
The only thing those two have in common is the prolonged scenes of minimal music.
>>
>>3209361
Yume Nikki has direct actual references to LSD in it
>>
>>3209392
I was talking Undertale.
>>
>>3208950
What the actual fuck am I looking at here?
>>
It because people go in expecting masterpieces,
for some raisin.
>>
Vampires Dawn
also not retro, but uses tons of music from retro games which is interesting
>>
>>3209413
Members of an IRC-channel?
>>
>>3209413
Don Miguel
>>
>>3209407
Undertale is gamemaker, not rpgmaker.
>>
>>3209034
So, SaGa games, basically?
>>
>>3209023
Yeah.
>>
>>3208887
I think.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.