[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Recaptcha, the dev behind Mednafen is adding a Saturn Core and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: 1462984711751[1].png (40 KB, 352x240) Image search: [Google]
1462984711751[1].png
40 KB, 352x240
Recaptcha, the dev behind Mednafen is adding a Saturn Core and just posted this pic of progress.

This will likely follow the same path as the Playstation core. High accuracy, inefficient, software only final destination. But it would work. Saturn emulation is absolutely TERRIBLE and needs a savior.

SSF has pretty good compatibility. But the GUI is terrible. It crashes randomly. It is Winbloze only. It requires CD emulation software to run games. This software is often shitty or filled with spyware.

Yabause is decent, but the project is stagnant. It has mediocre game compatibility.

This is why Saturn needs a hero.
>>
You keep holding your breath, and I'll go over here and play everything I want on SSF without issue, and we'll see which one of us is happier in the end.
>>
>Recaptcha

It's "Ryphecha" you dipshit.
>>
dildos
>>
>>3208646
>High accuracy, inefficient, software only
Do any Saturn emulators even offer hardware rendering?
As long as you don't render in higher resolutions it shouldn't really be an issue.
>>
>>3208646
>Yabause is decent

No it isn't. You even posted two reasons why that's the case. Every few years they rewrite the UI and call it a big update.

MAME has almost-okay Saturn emulation btw and often gets overlooked. It's at least on par with Yabause.
>>
>>3209046
Yabause but it plays a lot of games like shit.
>>
>>3209074

Yabause is cross platform, and is a nice starting point code base. But it's dead DEAD in the water.
>>
>>3208646
Mednafen will most likely just use the mame or yabause cores. Meaning it will be in no way any better than what we have now.

>>3209074
>MAME has almost-okay Saturn emulation btw and often gets overlooked.

It has awful saturn emulation with the complete graphics emulation needing a complete rewrite, but it never happens because the mame devs do nothing but bitch that other devs are withholding information (which is the stupidest horseshit reasoning ever).
>>
>>3209132
>Mednafen will most likely just use the mame or yabause cores. Meaning it will be in no way any better than what we have now.

It could be original. Or it could be a fork> But Mednafen PSX is pretty solid and is always being improved. It is the Jewel of Mednafen. I hope that saturn reaches the same levels.
>>
>>3209140
god i fucking hope

please for the love of god make this a reality
>>
Anybody got a site that has decent saturn disc, images, emuparadise is ok, but quite a bit of their images are isos, and the music is not there.
>>
>Guardian Heroes and Saturn Bomberman netplay

OH GOD, MY DICK IS READY
>>
>>3209140
PSX is retarded easy to emulate compared to the Saturn.

If he has a 100% original Saturn core then he must've been writing it in secret for years. I've known wizard tier coders for whom it took 6 months of work to get ingame with basic graphics in a Saturn emu.
>>
>>3208838
is that you moochie?
>>
File: 1447808844157.jpg (540 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
1447808844157.jpg
540 KB, 960x540
>>3209172
This is all I care about.
>>
Why not disassemble SSF?
>>
Why is the Saturn and N64 so difficult to emulate properly?
>>
File: ss+(2016-05-13+at+08.09.05).png (88 KB, 966x745) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-05-13+at+08.09.05).png
88 KB, 966x745
>>3208646
I'm on Mednafen right now and Shadow Tower has been loading for the past 3 years, what do?
>>
>>3209143
Check out the dark water stuff on isozone
>>
>>3211628

Saturn and N64 are clusterfuck over designed system. Saturn has like 8 CPUs.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.