[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It'll never be mint or anything, but sometimes I really
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
It'll never be mint or anything, but sometimes I really just like finding stuff in Goodwill.
Share your GoodWill/thrift store/garage sale stories, good and bad.
Keep it chill, try not to be too negative, and discuss and celebrate retro games.
>>
File: sonic.jpg (26 KB, 600x346) Image search: [Google]
sonic.jpg
26 KB, 600x346
i found the sims
>>
>>3208064
You know, for all I know that's the game you've always wanted. So congrats.
>>
>>3208047
>It'll never be mint or anything, but sometimes I really just like finding stuff in Goodwill.
Except sometimes it is
Found 3 mint sealed copies of Sonic R for the PC, hell even found a sealed Samba de Amigo
>>
File: pants.png (1 MB, 932x438) Image search: [Google]
pants.png
1 MB, 932x438
>>3208086
SEALED
>>
>>3208047
I miss when PC games came in those big bulky boxes.
>>
>>3208064
There's a flaw in that meme. Imagine a sphere made of light around you all moving towards the center. Now imagine you move in a single direction faster than the speed of light outside of the sphere, no matter which direction you choose you MUST pass through a point with light. Now imagine there are two spheres. Do the same thing. Not only do you pass through the light, but you obtain more light than you would if you moved only at the speed of the light. If the spheres were infinite around in you in all direction. You wouldn't live in darkness, you'd be flying through light faster than light can even move. Everything in front would be brighter, but any waves in back of you traveling the same direction would be darker. Thus the sides must have something in between relational to your speed and and position.

Therefore that image is false. Being faster than light simply means you've positional varied light distribution based on relative momentums. You know, assuming you get by that whole mass increase speed of light thing, like by warping space itself. In which case you have to consider spacial distortions which may make the front more convex or something and the back perhaps even brighter and you may very well be in a vehicle with light traveling at normal speed. Either way it's not correct.
>>
>>3208047
>$1.99 for Doom 2
Still overpriced
>>
>>3208253
Agreed. Yet it's still a better price than pretty much all the junk released these days.
>>
>>3208047
You wasted money on og starcraft.

If you put the key on Broad War into battle.net you get the OG starcraft and the expansion.
>>
Actually got a PS1 in Goodwill with a couple of games for 10 dollars total, so I've been hitting up all the Goodwills and the Savers in my city.

I haven't found anything else that's /vr/, but I have found and bought both an Xbox and a Gamecube.
>>
I went to my local goodwill today, and the had a mint in box copy of Mario 2, for $100. No thanks.
>>
>>3208253
1.99 for a physical disc of Doom 2 isn't that bad. It's about how much I paid for Fallout.
>>
>>3208253
I dunno, I just like owning physical copies.
>>
>>3208047
2 Copies of mario kart 64 5$ each
i then sold to local game store for 25$ each
>>
/vr/ collecting is pretty much dead at my local Goodwill now. Just over a year ago I was able to get stuff like an NES plus 10 legitimately goood games like Castlevania, Ducktales and Mega Man 3 for only $20, and after that, a TurboGrafx for $3.99. I walked in today, and they had Jack Nicklaus Golf on the NES, F-Zero and Clayfighter 2 for $9.99 EACH, in the "collectors" case. And even worse, Pro Wrestling NES was in there for $14.99!!!

The dream is dead.
>>
File: con.jpg (354 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
con.jpg
354 KB, 1280x960
Not retro, but I did stumble upon this at a nearby Salvation Army the other day. I don't usually go into thrift stores looking for games but this caught my eye on my way out the door. It's practically brand new and the video game store around the corner has it selling for $30, so I'm pretty happy with my find.
>>
I found the Age of Empires 2 gold edttion. Only 50 cents.
>>
>>3211551
Not retro, but very nice. I copped mine from Gamestop years ago for $5 disc-only, and I slowly rebuilt it with a new DVD case, sleeve print and manual from the internet. It feels like a car restoration project. Now regarding Champions of Norrath Return To Arms, that will be truly nightmare difficulty.
>>
I worked at a Goodwill store for three years.

We had a Twilight Zone pinball machine come in one time. It was awesome.
>>
>>3211551
Really good game. Get a friend to come over to play multiplayer with you. It's the way it's meant to be played.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.