[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Saved games
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: saves.jpg (39 KB, 620x349) Image search: [Google]
saves.jpg
39 KB, 620x349
Are Genesis haters just mad because most of the games don't allow saving or infinite continues? Most Super Nintendo games got saves, so you can retry a hard level as much as you want. So it's easy to beat games on Super Nintendo, but not the original Nintendo or the Sega
>>
File: image.jpg (17 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
17 KB, 480x360
What?
>>
???
>>
>>3207841
Sega dont save. U gotta beat the game in 1 sitting
>>
Am I the only one that prefers passwords to saving?
>>
>>3207940
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
>>
The yellow chip was for saving iirc.

Passwords sucked though. Better than nowt mind.
>>
>>3209587
What yellow chip?
>>
>>3209724
I'm sure he's erroneously thinking of EA carts

>>3207813
>SNES vs Genesis & NES thread
>posts Playstation game

Genesis games have saves BTW. There are just fewer RPGs
>>
>>3207940
>Sega dont save
Nigga what? My Sonic 3 cart still has the original save on it.
>>
>>3207813
There's so much incoherence in this post, I won't even bother replying.
>>
>>3207813
>back to /v/
>>
>>3207813
Limited continues is a shitty practice, someone should be allowed to continue from a certain point as long as they are willing.
>>
>>3207813
>because most of the games don't allow saving
Sega was the arcade corporation so they made games they excelled to make - arcade games.
That's why you have short but tough games.

>or infinite continues
Git gud.
>>
can it save or not hten=
>>
>>3209781
The save memory on my Sonic 3 cart was non-functional when we got it from the store, so I was a bit confused as to why there was a save menu in the game at all.
>>3207959
I know what you mean. Writing down and putting in passwords feels pretty cool.
>>3210024
I disagree. Pressing continue over and over until you beat the game is as fun as bashing your head against a wall until it breaks. Having limited continues forces the player to learn from his mistakes.
>>
>>3210024
Get fucking good mate.
Or use savestates i dont give a fuck
>>
>>3207813
There are plenty of sega genesis games that save. Off the top of my head, Beyond Oasis, Phantasy Star 2/3/4, Crusader of Centy, and Sonic 3 at least do.
>>
>>3211847
Of the 700+ games, you can name 6 with save function. :^)
>>
>>3213102
Shining Force 1&2, Shining in the Darkness, D&D Warriors of the Eternal Sun, Monster World 1 and 4, Sword of Vermillion, Pirates, Shadowrun, Warsong, Landstalker, Light Crusader, Buck Rogers, Might & Magic, Sorcerian, Shining Aura, Beyond Oasis, Techno Clash, Starflight, Gemfire, King Colossus, Lord Monarch, several Sports games, Ragnacenty, Exile, Rings of Power, Uncharted Waters, Warrior of Rome 2, and Ys 3.

Get fucked.
>>
>>3211693
just use save states senpai, problem solved
>>
>>3207813
Umm, there are plenty of SNES games that don't have savegames. Super Star Wars doesn't even have passwords, and that game is hard as balls.
>>
>>3211693
good luck finishing games like Quest of Ki without infinite continues
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.