[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone here do sprite rips? I've been looking for a sheet
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: First Samurai (U).png (19 KB, 256x224) Image search: [Google]
First Samurai (U).png
19 KB, 256x224
Anyone here do sprite rips? I've been looking for a sheet of the samurai from First Samurai on SNES, but I can't find anything.
>>
Sure I charged 200$ per hour, or 50$ per sprite.
email: [email protected]
>>
get an emulator with layer disabling and screenshot it, faggaducci
>>
File: 50720_front.jpg (60 KB, 640x447) Image search: [Google]
50720_front.jpg
60 KB, 640x447
>>3207687

Neat. Maybe I should learn how to do it, sounds lucrative.

>>3207703

I'll give it a shot.
>>
>>3207737
I was trolling. sprite rippers are cucks that do it for free, thinking you will give them credit for their work and they will become famous

>these spirtes ripped by jigglypuff2997
>>
File: returnsoftheninjami.png (36 KB, 1069x904) Image search: [Google]
returnsoftheninjami.png
36 KB, 1069x904
>>3207759

Whoops, well, either way maybe I should learn to do it myself. I felt kinda bad after I asked, I just thought someone here might either know where to find a sheet already done, or might be one of the said cucks as it were.
>>
>>3207759
>sprite rippers are cucks that do it for free, thinking you will give them credit for their work and they will become famous

These poor souls...

Imagine living this meaningless existence where all you have to boost your self-esteem is taking prints of a game.
>>
>>3207682
http://www.spriters-resource.com/
http://spritedatabase.net/
>>
>>3207682
Is the game worth playing?
>>
>>3209713
I played the Amiga version and I'd totally recommend it. I never actually touched the SNES version but you'd think it'd be at least as competent than what the Amiga got.
>>
>>3207786
Honestly surprised there isn't some kind of automated program written yet for saving all art from a specific system/emulator
>>
>>3209989
Pretty much impossible because artwork is tile-based, and the configuration of those tiles varies from game to game.
>>
>>3210010
couldnt you detect the configuration after the game is running and displaying the tiles
>>
>>3210063
I guess you could indeed make it extract uncompressed loaded tile data from RAM mem while the game is running. However, the program would have to not only have the capabilities of an emulator, but also be able to play it in order to make it load every tile from the game. Also, in the end you'd probably end up with a lot of pixel garbage and having to manually delete what isn't a sprite and manually arrange what in fact is.

TL;DR: It's too impractical and probably fruitless.
>>
>>3210308
Thanks
>>
>>3209713
>>3209980

Its a novelty for me. I'm suprised i missed it growing up, but its such a wacky western telling of a samurai story that its hard not to like. Its fun once you get the hang of it, but you probably wont like it unless youre a weeb.

>dat "hallelujah" when you open treasure or food
>dose weird as fuck bell ringing wizard spells
>"my sword!"
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.