[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which konsole has the best port of Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: ultimatemk3.jpg (121 KB, 550x280) Image search: [Google]
ultimatemk3.jpg
121 KB, 550x280
Which konsole has the best port of Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3?
>>
>>3207523
PS3
>>
Emulated on MAME.

MK Trilogy on N64 was cool.
>>
>>3207586
>Emulated on MAME.
Any particular reason why you haven't killed yourself yet?
>>
http://umk3.hacking-cult.org/eng/
>>
>>3207618
Wait, what?
>>
Jaguar version a best.
>>
>>3207523
PS3 Arcade collection I s'pose.

I remember my friend had a Saturn when I had the SNES back in the day and he had UMK3 on it. It looked so fucking good compared to the SNES version man. The sound was amazing, too. In my mind that's still the best version just from that feint memory but I guess the recent PS3 arcade port must be superior eh?

Btw I've noticed /vr/ has a lota love for MK. I dig that.
>>
>>3207643
MAME is a bloated pile of trash with input lag out the ass.

Also the Mega Drive port, OP.
>>
How's the DS version? It's got a visible move list and Puzzle Kombat packed in.
>>
saturn
>>
PS3/360

There's really no reason to play any of the period ports because they all have differences from the arcade version. The PS3/360 version is a direct conversion of the arcade game.
>>
>>3209176
This is fact, the input lag is UNBEARABLE on mame. Whoever thinks it's remotely close to the arcade experience is out of their minds.
>>
>>3207523
Not retro but I believe DS had the most Arcade close port

>>>3207586
>console
>port
What's reading comprehension?

>>3207625
I remember this one.
On a side, off-topic note, this was uploaded today https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJ7ZLRst2QQ
>>
>>3209303
this
>>
>>3211002
>>3209303
>those load screens
Nah
>>
>>3209303
It's a great port, so is the MK2 port, but the loading times are terrible.
>>
>>3211016

The MK2 port on the Saturn is horrendous
>>
File: 1462525363198.gif (47 KB, 250x194) Image search: [Google]
1462525363198.gif
47 KB, 250x194
>>3209176
>>3209309
Works on my machine
>>
>>3209176
>MAME is a bloated pile of trash with input lag out the ass.
>Also the Mega Drive port
Now this is what I call a shit taste.
>>
>>3207523
Mega Drive for Rain and Noob.
>>
>>3209939
>DS version
Nope, it has weird corner pressure physics, input delay when using bottom screen, slows down whenever it wants and speeds up too much whenever it wants.
>>
>>3209308
Which runs slower than the arcade, so no
>>
>>3211836
Wow didn't knew it was that bad. To be honest I never played the main game, and always went for Puzzle Kombat.
UMK3 doesn't deserve so much suffering it already had enought with MKAdvance.
>>
What's wrong with the PS1 version of MKT?
>>
>>3212476

Wasn't there an issue with shape shifter man and loading other characters?
>>
Exactly this >>3212495
All disk based consoles had the same issue with Shang Tsung because when you transformed him into another character you got a pause for assests loading, and then you got a pause again when he automatically went back to being himself, a few seconds later.
From the options you could set him to transform only in the character he was fighting against (because that one wouldn't need to load anything new) or disable all transformations completely, but as you can imagine that made the character loose his main appeal for most players.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.