[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So what's the deal with Virtual Hydlide? Is it really as
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: download.jpg (10 KB, 268x188) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
10 KB, 268x188
So what's the deal with Virtual Hydlide? Is it really as bad as they say? I'm thinking about about getting it for my Saturn.
>>
>>3207323
As bad as who say? If anything, the game is over rated. I like it though.
>>
>>3207357
Just bits I've heard around the Internet. Nothing specific really. I've watched videos on it and it looks pretty crazy, but I'm a sucker for princesses in distress.
>>
The running animation makes your character look like a fucking dork.

That's the most notable part of VH for me.
>>
>>3207484
I think he looks like a dork regardless of the running animation.
>>
I like it. It's good for a procedurally generated 3D interpretation of Hydlide that you can theoretically sit down and beat in a single sitting, unless it happens to generate fuck hard which it sometimes does.
>>
Worth playing for its engine - really neat what they did with it.
>>
>>3207535
>>3207636
So you guys find the game actually fun to play? Is there much story to it?
>>
>>3207860
Nope. Basically none. I think that's where a lot of people get disappointed by it it's more like a roguelite.
>>
>>3207323
Haven't played, but just watched a short gameplay video and doesn't look really that bad. besdes the hideous framerate. Unless the controls are a mess It actually looks fun, and I'm tempted to play it, but I'm a sucker for simple and short games like this. The whole random generated map thing looks neat, it probably could give it a high replayability value if done properly.
>>
This is the only thing you need to know about the game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBZSeHshM9g
>>
>>3211293
>watching youtube faggots
please die.

also it plays like ass, op. you get like 8 frames a second and it's barren and ugly. it's shit dude.
>>
>>3211306

>not knowing seanbaby & the others from electronic gaming monthly

You can be gay, just don't be a fag.
>>
>>3207882
You guys are making it sound pretty good
>>
>>3211857
It's fairly okay it's just that the animations and collision detection are kinda iffy. I've actually played it quite a bit more than some other much more valuable Saturn games I own. Mainly for its pick-up-and-play appeal, shortness and replayability.
>>
I just don't understand what makes this hydlide any more or less virtual than the previous ones.
>>
OP here. Thanks for the feedback. I did pick up a copy for a decent price. Really looking forward to those 5 fps!
>>
File: hyd2.jpg (461 KB, 2000x1000) Image search: [Google]
hyd2.jpg
461 KB, 2000x1000
>>3213472
5 FPS. 5 FPS! You heard right kids, 5 FPS!

You see it all the time with the other guys these days. They're all saying "20 FPS!" and "30 FPS!" and "Check this out guys, 60 FPS!". What do those chucksters think they're playing? Sure, you're getting all those frames, but they're so watered down they hardly even constitute a meal. Only with 'Virtual Hydlide' will you see real frames. Meaty frames! Manly frames. The kind of frames that you deserve. That's why it takes just 5 FPS of 'Virtual Hydlide' to make a great game, because at Atlus, we know it's about quality over quantity. Pick up 'Virtual Hydlide' now, and remember to stay hungry.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.