[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Aside from their titular games, what is the best retro game featuring
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6
File: pac-man.jpg (395 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
pac-man.jpg
395 KB, 1500x1500
Aside from their titular games, what is the best retro game featuring Pac-Man or Ms. Pac-Man?
>>
>>3206406
Pacman 2/Hello Pacman. It's more of a point and click game but it's done very well and Pacman's reactions are entertaining. The only downside is that he can also be stubborn so that can get annoying at a first playthrough.
>>
>>3206406
pac-attack
>>
>>3206406
Pretty much every odd Pac-man game out there seems to have a few fans even though most of them weren't very well received. I like Pac-Land which is an old arcade platformer.

Even though it's **NOT RETRO** Pac-man Championship Edition is a maze game like the old ones and it's pretty cool, so that seems worth mentioning.
>>
>>3206406
Pacman World series
>>
>>3206406
Pac & Pal, Pac-Man World, Pac-Land, and Pac-Attack
>>
File: pacland6.png (5 KB, 256x239) Image search: [Google]
pacland6.png
5 KB, 256x239
>>3206459
Yeah Pac Land is fun. Simple, but pretty fun, but it is weird that it implies that everybody else in Pac Man's world are ghosts other than his family, and he constantly getting attacked by and murdering his ghost neighbors.
>>
Pacman World on Playstation is actually pretty fun.
>>
Pac-mania

Fucker could jump.
>>
>>3206406
Ms. Pac Man Maze Madness
Pac Man World
Pac Man Adventures in Time
>>
File: image.jpg (59 KB, 558x515) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
59 KB, 558x515
I can't even get to the 2nd cut scene in ms pac man
>>
I was actually thinking about making a Pacman topic earlier.

None of the games come close to those two, but most are worth playing at least once. If I had to choose a third best game it'd probably be Arrangement. Jr. Pacman is the worst maze game. The levels are too big and are just jumbled messes.
>>
File: 1453313314133.png (162 KB, 297x314) Image search: [Google]
1453313314133.png
162 KB, 297x314
>>3206418

>This game is a strange mix of horrible yet oddly compelling gameplay. It's like the discount-store ice cream of games
>>
>>3208006

>Pac-Man: Adventures in Time

Great taste.
>>
>>3207361
Which Pac-Man games are considered canon? What's the recommended play order to understand the story? I just got to the part in the original where one of the ghost's sheets get caught and it turns out the ghosts actually have feet. I could've sworn that got retconned later, though.
>>
Super Pac-man.
>>
Pac land was a brilliant arcade game.
I can hear the music in my head just thinking of it.

And which fire hydrants you have to jump on, or push backwards for extra lives!

Shame the swimming pool jumps were mega hard though.
>>
Crazy Otto is the best in the series

Those feet are so cute
>>
>>3206406
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5C_99XJqIs4
>>
>read thread
>no mention of Pac-Man Arrangement
Fuck all of you.
>>
File: image.jpg (106 KB, 512x404) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
106 KB, 512x404
Does anyone have a very nice looking Pac man pattern chart
>>
>>3210148
>can't read
>can't ctrl+F
Bumping the thread is the only thing you did right
>>
How is this game?
>>
>>3209821

>his name was robert paulson
>>
>>3211256
It's ok. Gets really boring after a while, but enjoyable. Graphics are well done, controls are fine. Perhaps the best thing about it is its beautiful soundtrack.
>>
>>3208216
There is no canon for Pac-Man. The closest you can get to a Pac-Man canon is either the Pac-Man World games or (ugh) the new TV show and its tie-ins.
>>
>>3212384
Wait no there has to be one because there was at least some plot progression between pac-man and ms. pac-man. I mean just look at the cutscenes in ms. pac-man compared to the original.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.