[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Saw this on Woot, wrote it off as garbage. But then I got to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (35 KB, 588x441) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
35 KB, 588x441
Saw this on Woot, wrote it off as garbage. But then I got to thinking, if the native resolution of the projector is 320 x 240, would it be perfect for retro systems that output around that exact resolution? Anybody have experience with this device in that capacity? It's cheap, but I don't want to buy another piece of junk that's going to take up space. You can't look at reviews because they're evaluating it as a standard projector for modern content (which it's absolutely horrible at)

http://computers.woot.com/offers/pyle-mini-led-gaming-projector-6
>>
File: 1456214832505.gif (2 MB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
1456214832505.gif
2 MB, 540x540
honestly you'd be better off just finding a second hand CRT with better input options, even a pretty basic one. The picture from that will be pretty weak, you're right though, it'd still be better than a modern lcd tv.
>>
>>3206172
Right I get that CRTs are better, that's why I have two of them. I was just curious about it from the stance of big-screen gaming when friends are over, just point it at the wall so no one can complain about a 27" TV or such. Looking to see if anyone has insight on this before I drop $40, who knows it might have hellacious input latency, even if it's marketed to "gamers"
>>
>>3206156
I got 480p one, its nice for retro games and old TV shows. Brightness is really bad tho, you'll need a dark room
>>
>>3206156
The input lag for projectors is usually much worse than any more popular kind of display. this is also why projectors are used mainly for media that doesn't need precision timing (i.e. presentations, films, etc.) The lag can be accounted for for the streaming of audio, but you can't compensate with the console for the lag.
>>
>>3206156
I dont think many people have used/seen a projector that crappy. My oldest projector had a native res of 1024x768.
>>
File: slide_5.jpg (118 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
slide_5.jpg
118 KB, 960x720
>>3206241
The square pixels may look strange. It'll look like emulating on a low-res system like a PSP or 3DS.
>>
No SCART? Then it's garbage.
>>
>>3206267
It's a $40 projector, what do you want?
>>
>>3206268
BUT IT SUPPORTS TEN EIGHTY PEEEE

HOW CAN IT NOT BE AWESOME
>>
>>3206156
It's only 400 lumens so you'll only be able to play it in a very dark room. Also read the reviews on Amazon:
http://smile.amazon.com/Pyle-PRJG48-Projector-Computer-Portable/dp/B00VIRF4PA?sa-no-redirect=1
>>
>>3206156
Are you me?

I'd been watching that projector on woot forever, it seems. I think this is the fourth time I've seen it up.

I always have the same interest, 240p input. Each time it's been up I've asked if anyone had one and used it for 240p and I get no replies.

I told myself I'll buy it once they drop it below thirty bones.

It would be set up in my game room, which has great black out curtains, so I'm not worried about brightness.
>>
File: VideoBeam3000[1].jpg (385 KB, 1000x665) Image search: [Google]
VideoBeam3000[1].jpg
385 KB, 1000x665
Reminder CRT projectors exist
>>
File: 1461275093782.jpg (25 KB, 480x372) Image search: [Google]
1461275093782.jpg
25 KB, 480x372
>>3206156
It's shit. I bought one and put it in my kids room to project on the wall. He doesn't give a fuck that the picture sucks and is dark. But he's 2 and thinks watching life size spongebob while he plays with megabloks is fucking awesome. I bought it for this purpose but that said, it has horrid input lag as do most projectors. Picture is dim even in a dark room. Color sucks. And the resolution is even worse than you'd expect. I wish I had 2 sets of hands so I could give this thing 4 thumbs down
>>
>>3207294
So wait, did you actually test retro games on it or what?
>>
>>3207362
I tested both retro and my android TV box on it. The Android box stays hooked up to it so my son can watch Netflix/hulu or whatever shows I have downloaded on my network drive. I tested both a ps1 and a Wii though set to 240p. It's insanely laggy, as in like multiple seconds behind.
>>
>>3207407
If anyone is interest in an affordable low latency projector, I recently picked up an Optoma 760a new on ebay for $270 shipped and it's quite nice. Short throw, high lumens for the price. Standard def is 1280x720 though.

They run for $485 new but there aren't many people looking for them on eBay so you might be able to get a good price on an auction.

(I bought it for art stuff not vidyos but its good for those too)
>>
>>3207425
Can agree that Optoma is probably the best projector you can get cheap, especially under the Promethean labeling from school surplus.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.