[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Castlevania Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1
File: castlevania.jpg (1 MB, 1207x1167) Image search: [Google]
castlevania.jpg
1 MB, 1207x1167
Discuss the games, the music, the characters, and the storyline (lol) all in this here thread.
>>
>>3205715
The best cover in the nes trilogy.
>>
Bloodlines/New Generation is rapidly climbing my fav CV list
>>
>>3205734
I would argue in the series, this image is the definition of castlevania in my mind. Castlevania 1's ingame art is very underrated in my opinion, the character sprites are a bit meh but the backgrounds are amazing.
>>
>>3205735
Imo it's one of the worst classic titles. First half of the game has like over 5 minutes worth of autoscrolling, and the programming is so bad that something as simple as a harpy bleeding will cause the game to choke on slowdown.

As far as the 16-bit titles go, IV and Rondo are much better.
>>
>>3205715
Ever wonder what it would be like if Castlevania 1 was IGAvaniafied?
>>
>>3205715
Igor and Frank, did they have an affair?
>>
>>3206962
Ew
>>
>>3206962
I always thought it was neat how the second castle in SOTN has the bosses from Castlevania 1.
>>
>>3207240
I liked the Trevor/Grant/Sypha boss fight.
>>
>>3205734
Would be weren't for Dracula's resemblance to Maleficent
>>
>favorite platformer cv
>least favorite platformer cv

Go
>>
>>3207949
Castlevania
Bloodlines
>>
>>3205748
>complain about lag
>IV is better
?
>>
>>3210002
>IV is slow
well meme'd
>>
>>3207949
>Castlevania 3
>either Simon's Quest or Blodlines or Castlevania 64
>>
>>3205748
>Rondo
>16-bit
How underage are you?
>>
>>3210064
>TurboGrafx-16
>not 16-bit

How underage are YOU?
>>
playing through jap cv3 with Syfa, just a couple of stages i need to work on. Such a cool game but the enemy placement in some parts is sickening.

>go down some stairs
>candle above enemy who can easily knock you down a pit
>manage to kill him without getting pushed into the pit
>WEWLAD
>hit the candle
>stopwatch drops on my head

rip triple cross i guess...
>>
>>3210064
>TG16 has an 8-bit CPU
>still manages to have less slowdown than IV and Bloodlines

Strange, isn't it?
>>
>>3210006
IV can't handle more than four moving sprites at once and the game almost crashes in the mode 7 room.
>>
>>3210170
>IV can't handle more than four moving sprites at once
This is bullshit.
>>
>>3210108
If you're standing on stairs, getting hit won't knock you back. You could try using that to take a hit and retaliate before invulnerability wears off.
>>
>>3210186
No it isn't, go play it.
>>
>>3210186
That's just a /vr/ meme.

>HAHAHAHAHA SNES cant handle many sprites on screen at once HAHA GET REKT NINTENTODDLERS xDDDDDD
>>
>>3210604
>Super forced memes bros.

FTFY
Seriously it's never going to catch on.
>>
I recently read Dracula
Now i know why Alucard can transform into a wolf, a bat and mist
Pretty nice touch
>>
>>3211538
What I don't like is Alucard gets damaged by water, when it's only holy water that hurts Dracula in the books.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.