[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>One of the best games for Mega Drives >Never got localized
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5
>One of the best games for Mega Drives
>Never got localized when it was first released (it got its first, official english translation when it was re-released in digital form many years later)
Was it too girly for the cool, boyish audience of Mega Drive?
>>
It came out the same year as the Saturn and that's what they wanted to push at the time for the English speaking regions.

Derp.
>>
>>3205276
>EXTINCTION
>GET
>>
>>3205276
Monster World IV is my favorite Genesis game.
Wish it got more love.
>>
File: Dreamcast_Kaneko.png (599 KB, 600x843) Image search: [Google]
Dreamcast_Kaneko.png
599 KB, 600x843
>>3205276
>tfw Kaneko literally disappeared from the scene
>Only things he does is some fanart
>No more genki brown Kaneko girls in my videogames

At least he has some sort of cult following in Japan, but it's a shame the guy isn't working on videogame anymore, he's got that distinctive late 90's style that I can't help but love.
>>
>>3205516
it is my favorite as well, and also my first actual Mega Drive import game I had, so I have quite a personal story with it.
Even if dungeons are linear, you can't help but smile at Asha's animations. Everything is so colorful and fun.
>>
File: alis2.png (9 KB, 140x140) Image search: [Google]
alis2.png
9 KB, 140x140
>>3205276

We got Phantasy Star and Alisa Dragoon no issue. Honestly I don't think Sega care about that issue so much. I have no idea why we didn't get this game honestly
>>
>>3205276
never even heard of this game til i saw it on the PSN. got it on a whim and loved it. never even played the other monster world games but I heard they were a lot different so i didnt bother
>>
At least it was a big inspiration for Shantae.
>>
>>3205276
If it was released here it couldn't use the "Wonder Boy" name
>>
I have literally never even heard of this game
>>
>>3207384
Thats a shame...
>>
>>3205375
They should've made a Saturn version with the same pixel art but the backgrounds redrawn in Astal quality and with transparencies.

>>3207298
They could've just called it Wonder Girl.

er, wait, no, then DC would have sued them. Oh well.
>>
>>3207298
They could've edited out her tits and cut out the ponytail from the sprite to make it look like a dude.
>>
>>3205276
Sega was pretty dumb during 1994-1997
They should have done a lot of things different.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.