[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has anybody ever played this? It seriously looks like the greatest
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (37 KB, 240x354) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37 KB, 240x354
Has anybody ever played this? It seriously looks like the greatest game I've ever seen.
>>
I played it, it is really great, like a gotta go fast Megaman.
>>
>>3204949
Does it have any major flaws? Do you have to be autistic in order to enjoy it?
>>
>>3204957
Biggest flaw is that if you hold left and right you teleport at infinite speed to the left. Since it's technically only possible to do on a keyboard, not on gamepads some programmers forgot to put a check to prevent stuff like that from happening. Another game that had a similar flaw was Zelda LttP when going through doors hold up+down and Tiny Toons 1 on NES.
>>
WATER CAN DESTROY PULSEMAN!

Love the soundtrack and character design.
>>
>>3204948
I played it about a decade ago. Not bad, pretty enjoyable. I remember thinking it was hard as fuck though, since you're allowed two hits before you die.
>>
From my Top10 favorite Mega Drive games. I can't understand why Sega of America never bothered to localize it (Sega Channel release doesn't counts).
>>
>>3204948
i dont understand why people like this game so much. looks great but the gameplay felt clunky and not very action packed
>>
>>3204957

>Do you have to be autistic in order to enjoy it?

...what?
>>
>>3204948
Game is pretty cool. I'd say give it a try on an emulator then if you like it look for a cartridge. Never looked so I can't really quote a price.
>>3204957
No. You don't have to be autistic to enjoy it.
>>
People only suck this game's dick because it's from the same developers as pokemon.
>>
>>3205658
I've personally never played it, but the soundtrack is pretty good.
>>
>>3205658
This. Pulseman, along with all the other games Gamefreak has done before Pokémon, are alright games, but they're quite mediocre at best. Interesting concepts, but that's it.
>>
File: image.jpg (55 KB, 530x318) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55 KB, 530x318
>>3205680
I like to think of what an alternate timeline would be like if this game were more successful, leading to stronger ties between Sega and Gamefreak, thus resulting in Pokemon being a Game Gear franchise.
>>
>>3204948
>Pul Seman
>>
>>3205701

Yeah but Game Freak alone didn't make Pokemon, Creatures Inc. (previously APE) were a Nintendo affiliate.
>>
>>3204948
I own it but I haven't played it.
>>
what
>>
>>3205408
Normally I dont engage in autism accusations but I feel like that is an apt description of certain niche genres and games.

There are games that autistics are naturally drawn to but are still widely popular in a younger age group, Pokemon, Wiafu sims, Persona ect.

Anything that requires and excessive amount of commitment, has overly convoluted yet still somehow shallow lore and purposefully counter intuitive mechanics for the sake of being special.

But no you do not have to be autistic to enjoy pulseman
>>
I played on the Wii VC, I recommend it. It's really fun honestly and it had the makings for a great franchise and I would've loved a sequel.
>>
>>3205701
Pokemons success was like catching lightning in a bottle.
I can't imagine it becoming the sensation it was if the circumstances surrounding its release were different.
>>
dwhat
>>
>>3204957

The answer to that question is yes. You have to be autistic to be able to enjoy.

>>3205701
>>
>>3206823
>>
I played it on Sega Channel back in the day. The Stage 1 music IIRC was heavy used in Pokemon Gen 3.

http://youtu.be/O1H9_GA9-Ng
>>
>press in one direction long enough and the character goes literally sanic speed
>camera so close that going at said speed is very likely to get you hit
My only gripe with the game. Too bad it's omnipresent. The game itself looks brilliant and reminds me of Tempo on the 32x with some better gameplay.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.