[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which one did you prefer?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 7
File: SNES vs Arcade.png (2 MB, 8640x3600) Image search: [Google]
SNES vs Arcade.png
2 MB, 8640x3600
Which one did you prefer?
>>
>>3203467
I'm amazed by how accurate that port was. Makes the Final Fight port even more disappointing.
>>
>>3203467
SNES for the better combat and Neon Night Riders

the music on Hyperstone Heist is absolutely kick ass
>>
I preferred the far superior Sega version
>>
I personally prefer the SNES version. The revised combat mechanics made it a far smoother and enjoyable experience. Your attacks actually felt like they had weight to them and your hits actually connected unlike the arcade version.

I wish there was some beautiful marriage that combines the mechanics, new stages and the music from the SNES version with the animation, 4 players and voice clips of the Arcade version

>>3203475

It wasn't accurate at all

It was better
>>
The arcade version is a rigged quarter muncher.
>>
>>3203467
Hyperstone Heist shits on either version of TiT
>>
>>3203602
>I really, really suck and that upsets me
>>
The Arcade version has:
Better music
Original graphics (which includes the frames dropped in the SNES port)
Smoother scrolling
4 player support
Faster paced gameplay
The SNES version has is:
A shitty battle mode
Only two-three enemies on screen at a time, anymore and the framerate starts to dip
Two player support
Worse graphics
Butchered soundtrack

Choose your poison, because getting the original arcade cabinet is expensive.
>>
>>3203624
So it's fine that the bosses can just ignore hitstun and randomly slap you around? Or that instead of the solid 4 hit combo, the turtles flail around awkwardly and randomly do the knockdown move?
>>
>>3203505
> I preferred the far superior Sega romhack.

Fixed that for ya.

>>3203467
I liked the Arcade version simply because you can get 4 friends to play with you.
>>
>>3203628
>Only two-three enemies on screen at a time, anymore and the framerate starts to dip
That's highly exaggerated
>>
Is this another Sega vs Nintendo thread in disguise or actually a Turtles thread?

Just asking before I waste time writing about my experience with the game, if it's console war bait I won't bother.
>>
>>3203467
I haven't tried the Arcade one, so the SNES one, I beat it once or twice a year.
>>
SNES version. More levels.
>>
>>3203467
SNES. Arcade version's 4-player co-op and sound are nice, but SNES having more stages, more bosses, and better controls are more important to me. Arcade doesn't even have Technodrome or Bebop and Rocksteady. Fuck that.
>>
>>3203505
>>3203505
>I preferred the far inferior Sega romhack
Now it's correct.
>>
>>3203628
>Only two-three enemies on screen at a time, anymore and the framerate starts to dip
What? The game handles four to six enemies just fine.

>Butchered soundtrack
It was fine. Not as good as the arcade version, but still enjoyable.

Also, the SNES had more levels / bosses.
>>
>>3204248
Whatever. HH has better controls, more total enemy count (~500 in SFC, ~700 in SMD), better music, and more enemy variety.
>>
File: smugemblem.png (305 KB, 5000x5000) Image search: [Google]
smugemblem.png
305 KB, 5000x5000
>>3203467
>literally current year
>caring about Konami's shallow ass belt scrollers
>>
>>3203695

Don't bother, it's console wars. People will be just posting random numbers and techno babbling about stuff they don't really understand, it's not a Turtles thread.
>>
>>3204258
>being this delusional
Turtles in Time had better controls, colors and music.

>more total enemy count
Seriously? Are you really that desperate?
>>
>>3204279
>Seriously? Are you really that desperate?

Can't blame someone who is genuinely passionate about defending their childhood memories, even if they're wrong.
>>
>>3204274
THIS, IS, CONSOLE WAAAAAAARS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPTxruFuzL8
>>
>>3204283
I had TiT as a child, but I can acknowledge that the Genesis ended up getting the superior Ninja Turtles game, after having played it recently.

Now, if we wanna compare Tournament Fighters, SNES' easily trumps Sega's.
>>
Compare the Genesis track:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHck98en8qA

With the SNES track:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fH-lLbHbG-A

The Genesis' song pumps you up way more than the weak SNES music. The drums sound better, the guitar sounds better, the bass sounds better... everything sounds better in HH. People that prefer the SNES must be crazy.
>>
>>3204257
SNES was slower though, which made it boring.
>>
>>3204303

Both sound pretty ballin' to me, honestly.
Konami sure knew how to made the best out of both consoles.
>>
>>3204273

Cool. Dont post then.
>>
>>3204303
Yep, too bad both games are shit though
>>
>>3204318
Kill yourself.
>>
>>3204318
>Im a fun-hating faget
Cool story, bro.
>>
>>3204279
Actually the controls are better in HH. The dash move is wonky in TIT, while it has a dedicated run button in HH.
>>
>>3204320
>>3204323
>defending mediocre konami belt-scrollers
lol clueless cunts
>>
>>3204330

well memed, I bet you shitpost on schmucks threads too
>>
>>3204330
>muh elitism
This is why nobody likes you arcade assholes. You can never have a proper discussion without dickwaving.
>>
>>3204339
nope because the games discussed in those threads tend to be good, even the "overrated" ones

>>3204347
Try discussing less shit games and maybe you will have a proper discussion.
>>
>>3204352

Your opinions don't matter dude.

You think some games are bad? Some other people think all beat 'em up/"belt scroller XD le meme" are shit and there's no way you can't convince them otherwise.

TL;DR: your opinion sucks
>>
>>3204330
What's so bad about the Konami games? Overall, the Capcom brawlers are probably better, but Konami's are still well-done and fun. Also, Metamorphic Force and especially Violent Storm are excellent.
>>
>>3204352
So what scrolling fighters do you like, Mr. My Taste Is Better Than Yours
>>
>>3204362
>Some other people think all beat 'em up/"belt scroller XD le meme" are shit and there's no way you can't convince them otherwise.
i don't care 2bh

>Your opinions don't matter dude
then just ignore me retard
>>
>>3204362
>and there's no way you can't convince them otherwise.

I could be convinced if someone showed me a belt scroller that was actually fun.
>>
>>3204369
Guardian of the hood
>>
File: guardianoqda3o1_500.gif (553 KB, 500x448) Image search: [Google]
guardianoqda3o1_500.gif
553 KB, 500x448
>>3204369
The only good one ever.
>>
>>3204365
Their combat mechanics tend to be dull and uninspired, especially the licensed games. Violent Storm is good tho.
>>
>>3204371

I don't care about your opinions, but I still wanted to let you know that they don't matter at all.
>>
File: trash.jpg (35 KB, 499x497) Image search: [Google]
trash.jpg
35 KB, 499x497
>>3204385
>Treasurefag
I should have fucking guessed. Go back to wanking over Ikaruga, nigger faggot.
>>
>>3204393
That was another guy, i'm totally ok with TMNT babbies discussing with Treasure-fags though.
>>
>>3204385
Kill yourself Treasurefaggot.
>>
>>3204393

Treasurefags also get shit on by "elitists" on shmup threads.

In the end it's just hipsters hating on popular games, wouldn't even call them elitists (I seriously doubt they have even played half the games they discuss)
>>
>>3204390
Ok, I guess I find the genre inherently fun enough to not mind the simpler games. It is a bit odd it took them as long as Violent Storm to get that good.
>>
>>3204404
The only people that shit on Treasure in the STG threads are Cavetards, because anything that isn't a danmaku is shit to them. They probably cannot even clear Ikaruga, because it's too methodical and deep for them to play.
>>
>>3204303
Mang, use real hardware rips please

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5fwuZwsex0
>>
>>3204303
The best version is the mashup.

Always.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztNYk8zOzSg
>>
>>3204445
I didn't know I needed this in my life. Now I wanna hear more mashups from cross platform games. I bet gradius 2 with the famicom on top of the arcade soundtrack would be pretty fantastic.
>>
File: Sewer.png (713 KB, 4352x1792) Image search: [Google]
Sewer.png
713 KB, 4352x1792
>>
File: Bring that statue.png (609 KB, 4352x1792) Image search: [Google]
Bring that statue.png
609 KB, 4352x1792
>>
File: compared.png (381 KB, 3200x896) Image search: [Google]
compared.png
381 KB, 3200x896
>>3207146
Fully comparison
>>
>>3203467
SNES but that did not stop me from pumping quarters into the machine at Joyland or Aladins arcade
>>
>>3204303
>>3204440
>No one ever posts the actual best song
you are all useless to me
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEDeWTO0wMM
>>
>>3207168
HH turtles look really buff.
>>
>>3207789
really angry too, dem steroids
>>
>>3204303
Comparing the rest of the soundtrack gives me the exact opposite felling though. Genesis' songs are generally weak and the instruments sound really artificial. Snes comes closer to real instruments and overall does it better.

Any case, both are really enjoyable.
>>
Arcade of course, but it's more practical to get the console version to play in your house
>>
>>3207168

>Araki reimagines the TMNT
>>
>>3205462

This Sparkster one is pretty dope yo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzXouL89Cxc
>>
>>3203467
What the hell? I could only tell which one was SNES because of the two player mode instead of four, and the "insert coins" text.
That is scary accurate.
>>
>>3210323
Pictures are deceiving. There are less enemies on average in the SNES game than in arcade. Also less frames of animation.
>>
>>3210323

TiT didn't really have a lot of complicated background artwork or detail sprites.

It's when the game is moving where you start to see a very noticeable difference.
>>
>>3204445
Fuckin' incredible!
Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.