[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the process to actually figure this shit out?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: snap_154.png (48 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
snap_154.png
48 KB, 320x240
What is the process to actually figure this shit out?
>>
>>3202586
You talk to employees around the building.
>>
>>3202593
Liar

You're supposed to look at the book shelves and pick out the book that doesn't belong in the room (like a book about biology in the Midgar Development bookshelf)

If I remember correctly the number of the book corresponds to the letter in the book's title that you unscramble to find the password.
>>
>>3202586
look it up on gamefaqs
>>
>>3202659
Wow I don't remember that at all.
>>
>>3202678
I hope I described the process well enough. If you get the password right on the first time you get the best reward (Elemental materia I think) but you get crappier rewards for taking more guesses.
>>
>>3202659
>>3202678
>>3202682
He is right. There's 1 book out of place in each of the 4 rooms. It's the first letter of the book title or something like that that's the clue.
>>
>>3202701
The number in the book's title corresponds to the letter you're looking for.

Ex.: "7 A History Of The Midgar Space Program" would be the letter R.
>>
>>3202586
The way the developers intended: Savestate is probably bound to F5 or something, so hit that and then keep trying the answers until you get the right one.
>>
>>3202586
Elimination.
>>
>>3203639
Not even that, you can still just save and reload normally until you get it right.
>>
Read
>>
>>3202674
Password is actually randomized.
>>
>>3202682
Yeah, it's elemental materia. It's nice to get because equipping it lets your survive beta from the Midgar Zloam, which means you'll be packing a 1500-2000 damage spell throughout disc 1.
>>
>>3206497
That's enemy skill materia.
>>
>>3206529
Yeah, that's needed too, it's just that the elemental materia reduces the damage you take so you don't die trying to use Enemy Skill to learn beta. It always hit over my max HP without elemental-fire equipped.
>>
>>3206497
I wonder if they specifically put that there to allow you early Beta cheese. It doesn't seem to have much use otherwise.
>>
>>3207169
Poison resistance against the lab boss
Fire resistance/lightning attack for Motorball
>>
>>3207169
It lets you cheese a lot of bosses early on with it with the right setup.
>>
>>3202586
save state, then go down the list until you get it right, otherwise it's a hell of fighting the same goddamned monotonous battles over and over again trying to figure out this dumb shit
>>
>>3210445
>exploiting a bosses elemental weakness or protecting oneself against elements in a fucking JRPG is considered cheesing
Astounding.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.