[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Never played a SaGa game, including PS2 which SaGa game should
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: rsaga1-2.jpg (27 KB, 480x266) Image search: [Google]
rsaga1-2.jpg
27 KB, 480x266
Never played a SaGa game, including PS2 which SaGa game should I start with or is the best?
>>
Personally

SaGa 3 > SaGa Frontier 2, SaGa Frontier, Romancing SaGa

They're all worth playing but can be a bit tedious at times.
>>
>>3202476
SaGa 3 is barely even a SaGa game man

OP should start with SaGa Frontier or Romancing SaGa 3

you could also start with SaGa 1 or 2 if you like retro jRPGs a lot.
>>
>>3202486

That's why I said personally. It's just my opinion.
>>
>>3202465
Romancing SaGa 3 (And 1's PS2 remake), Final Fantasy Legend 1 and 2 are also good. Unlimited Saga is love it or hate it while being bastard hard, SaGa is unorthodox, Unlimited is unorthodox among unorthodox.

If you understand Japanese, there are DS ports of FFL2/3. FFL3 plays more like a regular JRPG but still has some SaGa elements.

Personally, I like RS3 the best.
>>
>>3202465
Start with Frontier, it's by far the best for introducing you to the modern standard as it incorporates all the main mechanics such as comboing, modern concept of Battle Rank and has most of the fundamental spells you need to know how to use. It's also not as hard as other games but still punishes you if you go full retard and it has a great cast and a lot of charm.

After Frontier you might want to play Minstrel Song as it's very similar in design but adds even more mechanics and polishes a lot of things introduced by the previous games, there's little reason to play the SNES original with this great remake.

Keep in mind that Frontier 2 is a very different game from the first one and doesn't have anything to do with it, it's actually a fairly unique entry in the franchise for a lot of things, and that says a lot considering the franchise rarely has similar entries.

Romancing SaGa 3 is a good choice too but it's still a generation behind Frontier, it lacks some mechanics that became fundamental later on and a few things work differently.

The GB games are fine, but they might be a bit too archaic for some people, and the original SaGa 3 is the black sheep of the franchise as it turned out to be a FF cosplaying as SaGa for some reason, the DS remake is MUCH better.

The DS remakes of SaGa 2 and 3 are very good but keep in mind that some mechanics are either very different or completely absent, great remakes though, they're also a bit different from the originals as they add more mechanics and some extra content.

Heed >>3202508's advice, while SaGa might seem standard it's really not, don't play it like a normal JRPG and you'll be fine, also, prepare to die or fuck up a lot, it's normal.

If you're interested in some goodies me and a few awesome anons on /vr/ put together various stuff like music and various scans.

http://pastebin.com/ubT3r1z5
http://pastebin.com/E1V2hcfM
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.