[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just picked up a Super Gameboy and realized my physical Gameboy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: 91iGvjV63QL._SX466_.jpg (23 KB, 466x410) Image search: [Google]
91iGvjV63QL._SX466_.jpg
23 KB, 466x410
Just picked up a Super Gameboy and realized my physical Gameboy library is pretty modest.

What are some good Gameboy that took advantage of its enhancements?
>>
Enjoy your music that runs at 1.5x normal speed.
>>
>>3200761
>can't mod his SGB with a simple oscillator
>>
>>3200759
Space invaders and Donkey Kong
>>
>>3200791
These.

If you just want GameBoy recs, check out Bionic Commando, Ninja Gaiden Shadow and Castlevania 2 Belmont's Revenge
>>
File: Mole_mania_boxart.png (121 KB, 220x220) Image search: [Google]
Mole_mania_boxart.png
121 KB, 220x220
See that little logo in the upper right? Any game with that logo has special SGB features.
>>
>>3200759
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Super_Game_Boy_games

Most notable one is Space Invaders which contains a 16 bit version only playable on the SGB. Versus just the GB version with enhanced graphics or sound like most others.
>>
Very few. One of the most criminally underused addons in existence.

http://loveconquersallgam.es/post/2350461718/fuck-the-super-game-boy-introduction
>>
>>3200761
>1.5x normal speed.
1.024x faster
It's noticeable, but nothing massive.
>>
>>3200761
>I'm so retarded I listen to music on dinner plates
Top kek infant
>>
>>3200791
Seconding this. Beat Donkey Kong on the Super Gameboy, OP. You will be amazed.
>>
Don't play Pokémon blue or red with this.

It will delete all game files if it ever crashes.

There will be crashes.
>>
>>3201049
gb pokemon games are best on the 64.
>>
>>3200759
For some reason my Super Gameboy adapter keeps freezing when i load it up just before the SGB-screen. It's cleaned up from the inside, the SNES console works fine and so do the Gameboy carts themselves. I tried to look for an answer on google and it didn't help me at all. Could it really only be because of dirty pins?
>>
>>3201049
FUCKING THIS

It doesn't even crash for a reason, or because you plugged it wrong or something, it's definitely an SNES thing because other games which were not on the SGB and still save have wiped everything out on a bad day. Probably has to do with sudden CPU overshocks that write all sorts of stuff to SRAM and then the game checks the integrity on boot and if it's not good it deletes everything.

Source: happened to me ;_;

>>3202383
And that's EXACTLY what happened before killing the saves. I just plugged in again and it worked fine, albeit with no data left. :(

Since yours a chronic issue it might be internally related or worse, SNES related (some people have trouble with the SuperFX carts because higher power consumption).
>>
>>3202440
>CPU overshocks
Edgar?
>>
I always thought it was odd that one of my games, Great Battle Pocket, seemed to get small loading times any time it switched screens. On a normal GBC it worked just fine like a normal game, but on a super game boy whenever something happened you'd have to wait 1 to 2 seconds.

It's the only game I've noticed it on.
>>
>>3200761
Really there's not much reason not to buy a Super Gameboy 2. You can easily get it for less than $30 on eBay.
>>
>>3200759
Donkey Kong is a good game to show off the color and sound enhancements. Street Fighter II is an interesting demo piece just because it lets you play two players on the same system through the Super Gameboy, which is a very unique feature.
>>
File: kof96gb.png (16 KB, 256x224) Image search: [Google]
kof96gb.png
16 KB, 256x224
>>3203443

KOF 96 (and I think 95 too) also had the 2 player feature.
Maybe other SNK fighting ports had this too, like Samurai Showdown, but not sure.
>>
>>3202440
That's weird cause when I tried booting up Starwing (the EU version of Starfox SNES) and Yoshi's Island, they both worked fine even though they both use a version of the Super FX chip.

Also, update with the SGB one day later: I tried it again, got a few reading errors with one cart but it now works without any issue. I still have no idea what was going on.
>>
>>3204062
Yeah, what I said didn't quite make sense because with power issues you usually see the screen much darker and with fuzzing sound.
>>
>>3201049
That's why we need emulation.
>>
>>3205948
Or you could play it on an actual Game Boy, retard.
>>
>>3200759
the super game boy
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.