[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It's this /vr/ related?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: 307979_front.jpg (48 KB, 640x605) Image search: [Google]
307979_front.jpg
48 KB, 640x605
It's this /vr/ related?
>>
yes it's is
>>
Good talk, champ.
>>
>>3200349
It's actually got a pretty good library- probably my favourite Digimon game is on the sysyem, Mr Driller, an at the time amazing version of Final fantasy 4, Klonoa, Pocket fighter and a bunch more.
>>
Why didn't wonderswan come to the West? Too niche even though the handheld market was doing well?
>>
Can /vr/ recommend me good wonderswan games? I cant find a good site for detailed reviews and I dont want to test them all one after one. My favorite genres are platformers and RPG (mostly western).
>>
>>3200462
Do you speak Japanese?
>>
>>3200453
pretty much, didn't get a big share in japan and the lynx,gg,t-ex,nomad, ngpc and others had already been steamrolled by the gbc here before gba even launched.
>>
>>3200465
No, but I assume some of the games have fan translations... right?
>>
>>3200494
Not really.
>>
I have two colour versions (blue and pink) coming in the mail. I also bought FF1&2 and Buffers Evolution.

I'm actually really excited to use one since it will be my first time. Also, since I don't know a lick of japanese it wouldn't be that difficult to follow an english guide while I play Final Fantasy, right?

>>3200446

Which is your favourite Digimon game for WS? I've been looking at quite a few, but they seem really hard to know which is which.
>>
>>3200547
Digital Monster Ver.WonderSwan, it's basically an emulation of the old lcd pets (with time sped up), it takes those pets, lets you have multiple pets at the same time and you can raise them to fight through a series of enemies. It's kind of like digimon pokemon stadium. There is a pretty rad version on the saturn too but I actually prefer the wonderswan version as it's got more graphical representations of what items do and less Japanese text.
>>
For me its nothing but the digimon portable.
Any hidden gems on it?
>>
>>3200631
I recommend:
>All of the Squaresoft games/ports, perhaps barring the chocobo ones. Front Mission is phenomenal and lots of it is in english.
>Star Hearts
>Armored Unit

There are also a lot of capably made pokemon clones.
>>
>>3200453
I don't think that it's a stretch to say that half of its games are licensed properties (Gundam, One Piece, Macross, et cetera), which are more complicated and expensive to release in the west.

Bandai is a toy company, vidya is just a small piece of their pie. It might have helped with Digimon sales in the west, though.
>>
>Ds emulator only works with Slot-2
>PSP emulator fucking sucks
>Even Android have better emulators
Why did no one has done a decent emulator for this console?
>>
>>3201904
It has a 3MHz V30 which is like a 186 or 286, it really doesn't have the power to emulate anything
>>
File: RetroArch-0406-184427.png (78 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
RetroArch-0406-184427.png
78 KB, 960x720
wonder-bump
>>
>>3201993
Anon is complaining about the lack of Wonderswan emulators, not about the lack of emulators for the Wonderswan.
>>
>>3201904
>Ds emulator only works with Slot-2
There's one that works by itself, but I've only tried it on a DSTwo, and it only runs Card Fighters Clash 2 at ~70% speed.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.