[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has anyone here tried builidng their own cartridges?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: SNES-SFAM-Cartridges.jpg (2 MB, 3720x1980) Image search: [Google]
SNES-SFAM-Cartridges.jpg
2 MB, 3720x1980
Has anyone here tried builidng their own cartridges?
>>
>>3198120
Like...repros? Yes. Very simple. You just need to have some soldering skills.
>>
>>3198120
yes
>>
>>3198128

I've been thinking about getting into it, but don't know where to start.
>>
>>3198120
Yes. I can recreate any SNES game you want with a 3D printer and the proper label.
>>
>>3198167
You must have a really damn good printer if it can do PCBs with the ROM and everything.
>>
I weld roms and carts all the time with my dad.
Usually while watching PREDATOR on laser disc on my playstation! Did you know they play them?
>>
>>3198149
same, mostly so i could have pal shaped games with ntsc roms
>>
>>3198149
There's a fair amount of tutorials out there. Do some googling. You'll have the easiest time starting with an 8 megabit game. These come on DIP packages and they're easy to solder.
>>
>>3199616
My wifes kids uncle who works at Nintendo has one of those.
>>
>>3199635

>playstation plays laser discs

how?
>>
>>3199790
>not knowing psx plays lazer disks
>not know how to weld
>>
>>3200048
The disk is bigger than a PS and definitely wont fit in a PSX either, I'd just play dvd on the psx so I don't have to flip it over halfway through if it would anyways fgt.
>>
>>3200084
dvd are inferior quality because there not alnalog like lazer disks. You must be deaf as a bat kiddo.
>>
>>3200284
Only if you're using the a/v out Playstation with the audiophile quality DAC pleb.
>>
>>3199635
>laser disc on my playstation!
oh boy here we go again.
>>
>>3200084
>psx
NOT RETRO \v\ container kiddo
>>
>>3199790
https://desustorage.org/vr/thread/1849337
>>
>>3200651
Kek
>>
>>3200651
The laserdisc in/on playstaton image is gone ;_;
>>
>>3202132
Then who was lazer?
>>
I've made a few. It's pretty neat, but unless you plan on reselling them (you scum) it's a lot more cost effective to just get a flash cart.

If you mean building the shells from scratch, that's a lot harder.
>>
>>3200048
>>3200084
Joking aside, I remember reading articles about how to physically modify a Gamecube so that it would read regular sized bootlegged discs.

Sorry for drifting into /v/ territory there.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.