[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there any way to build a RPG with action combat? combining
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: FeatureXPbattle2.jpg (44 KB, 646x512) Image search: [Google]
FeatureXPbattle2.jpg
44 KB, 646x512
Is there any way to build a RPG with action combat?

combining it with Mugen will be aces
>>
Yeah, Secret of Mana. Don't know why square is too retarded to at least put multiplayer on all their rpgs.
>>
Learn a programming language.

Use the more flexible engines like Game Maker.

Also I found this after a cursory googling: http://www.engine001.com/

Learn Ruby/Javascript and spend so much time making scripts for RPG Maker you could have as well made a game from scratch.
>>
>>3196401
Tales of series
https://youtu.be/8jdFAi9k7OM
>>
File: 95.jpg (207 KB, 512x768) Image search: [Google]
95.jpg
207 KB, 512x768
>>3196401
Dang, anon; post pics from the retro tsukurus at least
>>
>>3196443
I'm actually making a game in RPG Maker 2 for Super Famicom now. Unsurprisingly, it's inferior to the newer RPG Maker installments, but you can still make some surprisingly good games with it.
>>
>>3196848
How do you transfer games on the SFC?
>>
>>3196443
Damn japs and their attractive box art.
>>
>>3196852
RPGM2 was designed with a special memory card that allowed users to trade games by swapping cards. Nowadays you can transfer games by trading SRAM files or hacking the game into the ROM in place of the sample game. I'm doing the latter, as well as editing some graphics and stuff to make it look like a standalone game.
>>
>>3196413
>Use the more flexible engines like Game Maker.

Hahahaha fuck off

You tell him to learn a programming language, then suggest Game Maker of all things? Game Maker's proprietary scripting language is a piece of shit, learning a real language will be far more beneficial.
>>
With the new RPG Makers? Yeah its possible. You need to be damn good with scripting though. There's a lot of scripts out there to get you going with game mechanics and some of RPG Maker's nuances, but nobody's going to build you any entire gaming engine.
I think an action RPG is possible with RPG Maker though I imagine it would be clunky as hell.
And Game Maker is stupid, you might as well make an Action RPG in flash.
>>
>>3197257
more like learn a programming language OR ALTERNATIVELY learn game maker
>>
>>3196443
I'm about to finish a super robot wars game on srpg95. The only thing it needs is a plot, as all stages, chars and items are completed. What was picdron evil plot again? I will bring pics later, I'm on my phone now. I guarantee you srpg95 is easier than it seems to use.
>>
>>3196401
Wow you just described the Namco X series games.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.