[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
N64 games that still play well today
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6
File: NintendoLogo.gif (34 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
NintendoLogo.gif
34 KB, 200x200
I'll start with:

Starfox 64
Mario Kart 64
Kirby 64
Bomberman 64
Pokemon Snap
Yoshi's Story
>>
Mario Kart 64 and Starfox 64 were pretty much the only N64 games I thought were anywhere near good.
>>
>>3195204
Super Mario 64
Banjo Kazooie
Donkey Kong 64
Diddy Kong Racing
Zelda Ocarina of Time
Mario Tennis 64
>>
>>3195204
http://vsrecommendedgames.wikia.com/wiki/Nintendo_64

Basically everything on this list, we have enough n64 threads.
>>
>N64 games that still play well today
Dank maymay.
>>
Wetrix and Tetrisphere?
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 2592x1936
>>
All of them.
>>
I never played starfox 64 as a kid but got it recently, and pretty much just got my ass kicked. I'm not awful at video games but searching online pretty much told me the game is easy. I put it away after that. What am i doing wrong here?
>>
Mischief Makers is still pretty fun. Looks like rubbish but whatever.
>>
File: MischiefMarina.gif (109 KB, 500x433) Image search: [Google]
MischiefMarina.gif
109 KB, 500x433
>>3195902

This.

Although I like how it looks too.
>>
BAD FUR DAY
>>
I still play N64 games often and I find the majority of them to still play well.
>>
>>3195890
>I'm not awful at video games
If you struggle with Star Fox 64 then you are awful at video games. There's no getting around it. Sorry bruh.
>>
File: qTqNjxB.png (269 KB, 674x471) Image search: [Google]
qTqNjxB.png
269 KB, 674x471
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zP7hdQXoNmw
>>
>>3195969
this is the correct answer
>>
File: SP1432377616495.jpg (74 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
SP1432377616495.jpg
74 KB, 800x600
>ctrl+f sin and punishment
>0 results

well at least it's here
>>3195371
>>
>>3195204
I only have Banjo Kazooie and Ocarina of Time. I hate emulators so I bought a real one and only have two games. Wish I could get more.
>>
>>3196090
I do have a gameshark - maybe i'll import
>>
File: everdrive64.png (596 KB, 850x850) Image search: [Google]
everdrive64.png
596 KB, 850x850
>>3196125
>>
>>3195204
Smash Bros, F Zero X, THQ Wrastling games (WCW/nWo Revenge, No Mercy, etc)
>>
>>3195890
There is a lengthy tutorial mode, that you can play to get the basics down. It seems like a rather simple game, but if you aren't used to the style, rules and especially controls, it can feel very unforgiving. I remember the first time I played it, as a teenager, it took me multiple tries to beat the first level, but the next few levels I progressed just fine.
Since the new iteration was recently released, i'm sure more anons are willing to discuss it.
>>
Doom 64
>>
>>3195890
Some hints:
>collect laser powerups and mash A like a madman, seriously the laser is powerful and fires as fast as you can mash it
>learn to mash barrel rolls even when nothing dangerous is happening
>don't hold down accelerate or brakes, tap it slowly instead
>hit multiple shit with your charged shot for points, every 50 points you gain a life
>charge shot + press b to throw a homing bomb
>use the retry mission option in the map screen to accumulate lives
>>
>>3195204

I'm playing through Mega Man 64 for the first time and really enjoying it. I don't really get the hate.
>>
>>3195204
I'm happy to say that every single one of my N64 carts plays as well as it did when I bought it. I do know a guy left his games in the basement and it got flooded and some of them don't play any more.
>>
>>3195204
There are only 2 good games on n64: ocarina of time and Mario 64. Rest are average at best.
>>
>>3197270
Keep going it only gets better.
>>
>>3197237
I agree with you, mostly, but two things:

>Every 50 points you gain a life
It's for every 100

>mash A like a madman
This one's moreso from personal experience, but you actually get a slightly better rate of fire by staggering your presses ever so slightly. Next time you play, hold A for a charge shot, and notice that you fire about 3-4 lasers per press before you actually charge. By staggering, you can almost get an overlap, and waste everything in the game even quicker than before.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.