[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there any kind of good emulation for light gun games? Possibly
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: time_crisis_poster.jpg (291 KB, 850x1101) Image search: [Google]
time_crisis_poster.jpg
291 KB, 850x1101
Is there any kind of good emulation for light gun games?

Possibly use a mouse if no good options for a gun?
>>
Yes, you can use a Guncon 2 in Windows using a hacked driver but you need to be outputting a 15khz video signal.
>>
>>3195060
I should had clarified.

I mean something for a modern gaming PC. Maybe some kind of VR thing?
>>
Re-reading your OP it kind of has the flavor that you're not particularly experienced with emulation so to answer your question directly, yes you can use your mouse as a light gun in most modern emulators. It can also be kind of fun to tap-to-shoot on tablets. Maybe buy an old resistive touch screen and actually shoot it with airsoft pellets how fun would that be?
>>
>>3195067
Remember where you are.

The RIGHT way to do it is to push a 15khz RGB signal out of your VGA port using a hacked driver like soft15khz to a proper CRT and use a Guncon with a hacked driver and grab the composite from the csync signal.

There are plenty of fake ways to do it, though I can't imagine why you might use VR other than maybe for Silent Scope.
>>
>>3195075
Well short of buying a Time Crisis cabinet I don't think I'm going to get something that the same screen size.

I know they used projection screens. I assume VR or someway of using a LCD would fix that problem of screen size.

I've played the ports on PS2 before with a 32" CRT and that was fun.
>>
>>3195084
What you're talking about is emulating a big screen not emulating a light gun. There are many options for doing both but the best ones involve spending some money.
If you're obsessed with the "VR" thing you could toss together some shit using cardboard and a wiimote.
>>
I miss arcades.
>>
>>3195191
>What you're talking about is emulating a big screen not emulating a light gun.
I just want to emulate the game as best I can on a big screen.
>>
>>3195384
Then use a rear projection screen. There's probably one for free on your local Craigslist that someone just wants hauled away.
>>
>>3195049
Yeah you can use a wiimote for mame
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nccbSpJ9Ozc
>>
>>3195443
Neat. Is it well supported or only a few games work?
>>
>>3195384
Then choose whether your CRT will be direct view or projected. Then get an actual light gun, configure your PC correctly, and enjoy
I'm sure that's totally going to happen.
>>
>>3195575
I'm not even sure is a projector TV would work.

Not something I really want anyway.
>>
>>3195580
I've literally explained to you exactly how to make a CRT rear projection TV work. A DLP won't work. You will not get a real light gun to work with anything but a 15khz CRT and if you're not willing to do that then you won't be doing it "the best you can"

That having been said, as I also said from the very beginning you can use a mouse as a light gun in emulators and you can use a Wiimote as relative position mouse. This will absolutely not give you the same experience as a real light gun as you'll just be waving it around to move a pointer on the screen as opposed to getting actual accurate aiming but it'll probably be close enough for you since you don't want to go to the effort of doing it right.
>>
>>3196162
Man thanks for reading what I typed and not just barfing a bunch of google diarrhea on me, champ/
>>
I have to say, why even play if you are reduced to using a mouse? That defeats the entire purpose of the game.
>>
>>3196179
What the fuck do you want?
>Is there any kind of good emulation for light gun games?
Yes, but you're not interested in doing it
>Possibly use a mouse if no good options for a gun?
Although good options exist you can use your mouse. You can use a Wiimote as a mouse that you can point at the screen and sort of aim

I literally don't know what you want out of this thread? Are you asking us to baby you through which option isn't too much effort for your lazy ass? You're going to have to decide that for yourself. You obviously don't want too much explained to you either so go ahead and look it up.
>>
>>3196196
Stop man.

There was one helpful anon in the thread. You weren't him.
>>
>>3196214
>there was one anon that was helpful and provided a link rather than making me read and think what I really wanted out of the experience

Ftfy
>>
>>3195282
which country are you in?
>>
>>3195580
Then your choice is made. Direct view. DooooWeet
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.