[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The ROM Depot?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: Donkey_Kong_NES_Screenshot.png (2 KB, 256x224) Image search: [Google]
Donkey_Kong_NES_Screenshot.png
2 KB, 256x224
Hey, ROM Depot guy, are you still here? I just noticed your site is down. What happened?

Anyway, weird question, but does /vr/ know of any games reminiscent of Donkey Kong, Mario Bros., or Ice Climbers? even recent indie games
>>
use emuparadise or edgeemu, tard
>>
>>3192104
I think you missed the point.
>>
Bubble Bobble
>>
Games like Donkey Kong and Ice Climbers are shit that were only good when there was nothing else to play. I'm open to being corrected if someone wants to prove me wrong.
>>
>>3192143
okay well then

burger time (nes) is right up your alley for single screen gaming. if you want something a little more action packed with scrolling try teddy boy (sms). it's really fucking fun and the only objective is to kill all the enemies in the area.
>>
>>3192180
I don't like Ice Climbers, but I think Donkey Kong and DK Jr. are fun platformers, even if they're only a few levels long and not really worth replaying. Mario Bros. is a fun mini-game IMO.
>>
>>3192181
>>3192097
This. Also look into Popeye and Wrecking Crew.
>>
>>3192181
>>3192205
Thanks, they look good.
>>
>>3192180
Do you just hate every single screen arcade game or what?
>>
>>3192180
Sometimes you just want something simple to play. Like a Game & Watch game or something. Fag.
>>
>>3192097
>Anyway, weird question, but does /vr/ know of any games reminiscent of Donkey Kong, Mario Bros., or Ice Climbers?
JOUST MOTHERFUCKER! Single screen, left and right sides loop to the other, one ostrich, no items, final destination.
>>
Why even use a ROM site? You can get full sets of ROMs from archive.org.
>>
>>3192097
Beauty and the beast. It's the game that Wreck-it Ralph was based on.
>>
>>3193472
because some of us just want to download the one ROM we actually want to play instead of cluttering our PC with dozens of licensed games
>>
>>3193613
You can also download single rom's from archive.org as well. Where it says "To browse the collection of software images in the No-Intro Collection, click here.", you click there. Wait a minute or two for the list of all the stuff to load.

Congratulations, you can now navigate a website.
>>
>>3195153
>You can also download single rom's from archive.org as well.

Well no shit Sherlock. No one said you couldn't.
>>
>>3193292
Gonna second this, love Joust so much. Just everything about it is appealing to me, the gameplay and aesthetic match for me. Honestly my favorite Arcade game besides Robotron 2084.
>>
>>3193292
>>3195203
>retro arcade near me has Joust
>top score is about 100k
>getting close to beating it
>arcade annouces online that a world record Joust player came by
>go back the next day
>999,999,999

Well, shit.
>>
>>3195196
Except the person I linked in my post?
>>
Gon' E-Choo is an indie arcade game. Dunno much about it, but it's been on my wishlist for a while.
>>
>>3193613
Every SNES game takes up 2.88GB on my hard drive. You can take 5-10 minutes to download them all and then pick out the ones you want to play, when you want to play them, or you can deal with shady-ass websites and contend with things like bad ROMs, Nintendo cease-and-desists, captcha and download timers every time you want to play a new game.

I used to do the latter but then I realised it makes far more sense to spare a few gigabytes for the former.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.