[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Analogue nt
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4
File: nes-analogue-nt2.jpg (399 KB, 1920x1280) Image search: [Google]
nes-analogue-nt2.jpg
399 KB, 1920x1280
Do people actually buy this analogue nt shit? Tbh i would find a real NES more aesthetically pleasing to have in my house. Its 500$+ wew lad
>>
>Tbh
>wew lad
Wrong board, kiddo.
>>
>>3190124
Analogue makes high end stuff.

They have some of the nicest consolized MVS' available.

They are definitely not for everyone. They are high end essentially custom hardware for people who are enthusiasts.

I don't personally care for it, but you know whatever.
>>
Curious as to what the HDMI signal is like
>>
>>3190130
How is it better than a dendy or a real nes
>>
>>3190162
>How is it better than a dendy or a real nes
AIRCRAFT ALUMINUM
>>
>>3190124
If it took SD cards/Played roms directly and had scart/rgb out natively then I'd legit consider buying it for $300.
>>
>>3190715
Man you are in every single thread, you derail every single fucking thread to an argument about emulation, my man, how about fuck off
>>
I'm not buying a console with the word anal in it.
>>
>>3190734

>playing roms on original hardware = emulation

are you retarded?
>>
>>3190162
Most notably it has RGB out. It also has an integrated 4 player adapter and both 60 and 72 pin slots for Famicom and NES games without an adapter plus a funky elite looking body.

I don't have the image but there's one floating around that accurately adds up the value of the components plus labor and without a doubt the ANT is priced appreciably above that but it's made for people who don't currently have a NES/Famicom to build from and/or just want to slap down big money to have a guaranteed top-shelf console. These kind of people are generally considered "hipsters" by /vr/
>>
Or you could get an NES RGB and XRGB for about the same price and then you'd have a scaler that works with everything.
>>
>>3191798
Does it support the Disk System?
>>
Waste of money meant for people who can't accept that they are playing on an all-ages gaming device so they need their hardware placed in a gaudy, expensive shell to make it seem more refined and acceptable for adult use and ownership.
>>
>>3191815
Do you see a disk drive there, anon?
>>
>>3191815
Yes, it just plugs into the famicom slot.
>>
>>3191825
Do you see the famicom port anon?
>>
>>3191798
Hmm. Theres one for like 30 that im looking at on aliexpress
>>
File: CfaRu6QUAAEOFcB[1].jpg (39 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
CfaRu6QUAAEOFcB[1].jpg
39 KB, 600x338
>>3191815
Yes. I'm honestly kind of surprised they don't offer a remanufactured premium one as one of the options

>>3191981
That's a clone, the ANT is a real NES plus an NESRGB add-on board. It actually is the real deal top shelf shit but it's still priced at an elite-tier premium even including the value of the aluminum shell.
>>
>>3192027
>>3191815
this, why did they go to all that fucking effort to not offer the only thing most people couldn't get for 20 bucks, the disk system
>>
>>3192027
Unlike the other anons I don't really care that you bought one. I think they're pretty neat alone.

But I'm just going to buy an original famicom or a toploader and mod it myself.
>>
>>3192129
To each their own
>>
>>3192146
It's more an availability thing than anything.

I was waiting for the updated pallets before I dumped some money into a console(s) and NESRGB. So I knew I wouldn't be one the first to buy the analogue nt. If it comes back in stock in about a month or so maybe.

Been emulating.
>>
>>3192129
Oh that's not my pic. I actually already have a top loading NES that would be a good candidate for an NESRGB and the route I would go but be aware that the NESRGB add-on is fairly expensive and a fairly challenging install.
>>
>>3192260
More worried about finding a non yellow Famicom and a non beat to shit top loader. Should had bought some years ago but I was into front loaders at the time and didn't know better.
>>
>>3190734
>Man I'm in every single thread getting my ass handed to me because I can't accept hardware emulation is a thing
I've watched with great amusement
>>
>>3190124
10 people paid $4999 for a 24k gold version of it. http://www.analogue.co/pages/24k-gold-nes
>>
>>3192616
Was it limited to 10 or something? There have to be more than 10 people that stupid in the world.
>>
>>3190734
>Claims that Im in every single thread
Are you serious? I haven't been on /vr/ since Christmas I'm finishing my last semester of grad school and its hard as balls.

You must be mistaken you childish fool. Emulation is fine (ie- playing a rom on non hardware that doesnt hold the same strengths/weaknesses as original hardware).

Personally, Im just more curious if any new clone hardware is on the horizon. I hear the N64 patent is supposed to expire soon so we may see clone 64s soon. Plus I'm stoked for retroUSB's AVS console.
>>
>>3192954
It was limited
>>
I think the super 8 looks better personally.
>>
I have one. It's pretty good.
>>
>>3192260
It is a difficult install but I think someone with some soldering experience could manage it. The desoldering is the trickiest part, but it's alleviated by the fact that the NES board is pretty well made. You're not going to lift a trace without truly excessive heat.
>>
File: NES-Toploader-AV.jpg (138 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
NES-Toploader-AV.jpg
138 KB, 600x450
I still think this is the definitive NES to own and it looks the best. Just look how sleek and sexy it is, aesthetics are on point.
>>
>>3195376
AV Famicom looks the same just no bump.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.