[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Psygnosis
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: Shadow_of_the_Beast-2.png (21 KB, 576x400) Image search: [Google]
Shadow_of_the_Beast-2.png
21 KB, 576x400
Favorite game developed by psygnosis? Original Shadow of the Beast is getting ported to the PS4 with the remake. Thought /vr/ would like to know. Its definitely one of my favorites, but Colony Wars is my most favorite.
>>
>>3189621
>port
>remake
So which one is it?
>>
Wipeout 3. Though that's also the only Psygnosis game I've played.
>>
>>3189625
The remake has the original as an unlockable mode.
>>
>>3189621
G-Police. I had this retarded neighbour whom I convinced that it's the sequel to Shogo. Good times.
>>
File: Flink (U) (Front).jpg (2 MB, 1424x2384) Image search: [Google]
Flink (U) (Front).jpg
2 MB, 1424x2384
>>3189621
>>
>>3189621
SotB was developed by Reflections Interactive.
Psygnosis was a publisher as much as a developer.
>>
Isn't Shadow of The Beast made by Reflections Interactive?
>>
>>3189621
>Shadow of the Beast
Psygnosis published it. Also it's a fucking terrible game.

My fave is probably Wipeout 2097 but yeah Colony Wars is awesome too.
>>
>>3189621
Terrible, terrible game with a cool game over screen.
>>
What about a remake that made the SotB trilogy better? I don't mean like the PS4 version that they've been oddly quiet about, I mean use many of the original assets but give them a facelift, and revamp the gameplay.

Add checkpoints, infinite lives, etc. Adopt enhanced level design from stuff like the Lynx version, etc.
>>
Is it "sig-no-sis" or "sy-gno-sis?"

I've been saying the first one all this time.
>>
>>3190868
first one
>>
>>3189685
That you see over and over.

I never got why ppl like SOTB. It was pretty, but that was it.
>>
If you've only played the Genesis version then by all means I can understand why you would not like SotB
>>
Their F1 games were fun stuff. Also, Wipeout
>>
>>3191067
>It was pretty, but that was it.
Are you stupid or something? It has an amazing soundtrack. I know you weebs hate to hear it, but European VGM is pretty fucking brilliant.
https://youtu.be/VX2_G2RwRy8
Gameplay is trash, but it is a audiovisuell expierence. Personally, I think it's best played on the C64. Looks good, sounds good and plays way better.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3upIiioeVjM
>>
>>3190868
>>3190905
Really seems like it should rhyme with "psychosis" but with an N sound.
>>
>>3191112
>gets completely triggered
>weebs out of nowhere
>fuck you and Japan, 4chan
Get enough monkeys with typewriters and you'll eventually get Shakespeare. In this case, the monkeys did ok synth music, pity about the rest of the game.
>>
File: ME0001333919_2.jpg (238 KB, 799x1024) Image search: [Google]
ME0001333919_2.jpg
238 KB, 799x1024
NOVASTORM
>>
Agony

I still think this game looks great even today

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqc41yjedg4

I almost said "Rollcage" but then I remembered they only published it not dev'd it.

Rollcage was awesome though.
>>
>>3190868
sigh know cis
>>
>>3189646
which version is going to be used? the amiga version?
>>
>>3191340
Which version did you play? They're pretty different.
>>
>>3194320
yes

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/05/04/shadow-of-the-beast-on-ps4-includes-the-amiga-original/
>>
>>3189621
Wiz n Liz will always be my favorite.

Even if all they did was publish it. Amiga version is trash, though.
>>
I really liked Shipwreckers back in the day. Cool pirate game.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.