[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Best Classic Star Wars Video Games
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
What are the best classic Star Wars video games ranging from the first titles on the Atari 2600 to the PS1 / N64 era?

Here's a little something to get you in the mood.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPMbYFThBxo

My personal picks:

Star Wars: The Arcade Game (5200 version)
Super Star Wars (SNES)
Shadows of the Empire
Star Wars Ep1: Pod Racer (PS1 / N64)

And.....wait for it...

Star Wars: Masters of Teras Kasi.

No trolling. I genuinely enjoyed that game and still have it in my collection.
>>
>>3189578
For me it's Shadows of the Empire.

But nothing will ever beat the Star Wars Trilogy arcade. I freakin' loved that arcade, had all 50 highscores at the local place at some point, people gathered behind me when I was playing to witness the epicness. Seriously, it got to a point where I was ashamed to even put my name in the highscores, I just walked away as soon as I finished.
>>
Star Wars Arcade (32X)

Played the shit out of this growing up. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQUWEBhROTc
>>
File: Front.jpg (87 KB, 640x815) Image search: [Google]
Front.jpg
87 KB, 640x815
This is what I played the crap out of as a kid, so I'm going to list it.
>>
>>3189586
>Star Wars Trilogy arcade

That game is god tier. I went broke playing it back in the day.
>>
>>3189793

Easily the best Star Wars PC game ever made.
>>
best SW game of all time is Dark Forces II: Jedi Knight.
>>
>>3189578
I never got to play Return Of The Jedi on SNES, but the other two for it were awesome.
>>
>>3189578
bump
>>
>>3189578
i used to play pod racer on my PC with a fucking awesome joystick that had "force feedback" i think it was called. whenever you ran into something it would bump around. made it so much more intense.

also used to play the original rogue squadron 3d with that stick. its a bummer too because i still have the stick and the disks for both games, but the drivers for the joystick stopped in like 98, and i cant get either game to run good in any compatibility mode.
>>
>>3192321
might as well ask here since /vr/ is actually helpful, but do you folks know how to get rogue squadron to run in win7??

sorry for double post
>>
I've never played a Star Wars game I liked on console. Luckily PC had Star Wars Rebellion, X-Wing, Tie Fighter, X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter and X-Wing Alliance.

Clans for X-Wing Alliance were the shit on microsofts old online gaming website.
>>
>>3192321
>a fucking awesome joystick that had "force feedback" i think it was called. whenever you ran into something it would bump around.
Yeah that's still a thing, you know. Unless the latest gen of consoles did away with it...?
>>
>>3189586
>>3189586
ohh man I found that thing at a theme park arcade, it must have been in 2001, I was there for hours.

That huge widescreen filled with TIE fighters was mind blowing at the time, then the Snowtroopers base assault.

I once read a story of some guy hiring a van and driving to Wales to buy one of the things for just £100.
I think there is a video on youtube of someone playing it but the screens kind of reflective.

How many levels were there anyway? TIE's, Snowtroopers, Endor airspeeders, and vader is all I remember.
>>
File: Z0053979.jpg (122 KB, 783x1024) Image search: [Google]
Z0053979.jpg
122 KB, 783x1024
How do you guys feel about Star Wars: Rouge Squadron. Played this game on the PC when I was a kid. Also beat it 100%.
>>
>>3195217
Legit loved that game as a kid, played it for years after I first got it. I loved flying around in the TIE Interceptor. I'm currently doing a play through of Dark Forces, that game is criminally underrated.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.