[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Choose wisely.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5
File: null_zpscad4a164.jpg~original.jpg (3 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
null_zpscad4a164.jpg~original.jpg
3 MB, 3264x2448
Choose wisely.
>>
I'll choose the Color. :^)
>>
I'll take something without a horrible frontlight mod thanks
>>
What the fuck was up with the commercials for the NGPC shooting and receiving lasers through the joystick?

What were some good Wonderswan games that weren't Super Robot Wars or Final Fantasy? Any exclusives worth looking into, untranslated or not?
>>
>>3189205
It got digimon and megaman stuff as well anything bandai at the time was on there.
>>
>>3189204
Agreed! I want that cosplized ngpc with the neo geo controller port
>>
ngpc 4 sure
>>
>>3189196
NGPC > GBC > WSC
>>
>>3189223
interesting concept, I've only ever seen consolized gamegears

I assume because the NGPC actually achieves its goal of being portable
>>
>>3189196
GBC has more games, but NGPC has this godly stick and great ports.
And I could spend my whole life playing Neo Turf Master
>>
>>3189205
blue wing blitz, star hearts, armored unit, and all of the square ports are extremely good. dicing knight and judgement silversword are also god tier although unfortunately extremely expensive.
>>
>>3189196
I don't know whether I go for the NGP for the microswitch stick or the game boy for the library. It only games mattered it would be hard to pick anything other than the game boy, but the NGP has some real class.

I've not much experience with the wonderswan.
>>
>>3189739
the wonderswan is fairly cheap, has an interesting library, and the games are dirt cheap complete or otherwise. would recommend. wanna pick up an ngp at some point tho.
>>
>>3189196
I chose all three. Multiple colors and dupes of all three. Did I choose wisely?
>>
>>3189196
>WonderSwan Color
NOT RETRO, GET OUT OF HERE FAGGOT!
>>
>>3189869
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
NGPC.

But if I knew moon I'll choose the WonderSwan.
>>
>>3189196
Gotta go with the GBC, the NGPC is cool but the GBC's library wins out in the end. Never touched a Wonderswan.
>>
>>3189196
As much as I love the Neo-Geo I'd go with the Game Boy Color because it has the most games I'd understand.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (171 KB, 627x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
171 KB, 627x720
>>3189196
Neo Geo Pocket Color with pic related.
>>
File: latest.jpg (11 KB, 215x234) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
11 KB, 215x234
>>3190041
>>3190134
>>
File: bandai_wonderswan-blue_1s.jpg (46 KB, 215x350) Image search: [Google]
bandai_wonderswan-blue_1s.jpg
46 KB, 215x350
hey i dont get it, when playing horizontal you have 2 buttons on your right hand, but when playing vertical you have 4. what are those 2 dpads for?
>>
>>3191330
They're for pushing buttons to, you know, control the game. Or for putting a wondercoin over to also control the game.
>>
File: PCE,GT.jpg (316 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
PCE,GT.jpg
316 KB, 800x600
>>
>>3191330
Those work for vertical controls.
The left is usually movement, the right for actions.

In the horizontal form, the extra dpad works as shortcuts, like in the FF port to it you can instantly open the equiment menu instead of having to manually press start and navigate through the menus.
>>
>>3192527
>>3192991
and when you play vertical you dont use the 2 buttons (A,B)?
>>
>>3193652
I seem to recall them working as alternates for other buttons in at least a couple games but no, no one ever used them except maybe someone with only one arm or something.
>>
>>3189196
Recycle bin, I suppose. They've all been damaged
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.