[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you think of this? Im not particularly against it, people
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 10
File: gameboy2.jpg (94 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
gameboy2.jpg
94 KB, 1080x1080
What do you think of this?

Im not particularly against it, people can do what they want, but for some reason I feel raped when I see it.
>>
No need to explain what it is or anything.
>>
As a musician and /vr/ enthusiast I think it's pretty neat.
Maybe that means my musicianship takes precedent over my love of games, if so, whatever.
But being angry over the defacement of a gameboy seems a little overboard even for a /vr/ fan.
imho
>>
Did they turn it into a stomp box for guitars or something? If the internals were somehow fucked beyond repair then whatever, I don't care too much, but otherwise I don't see the need to destroy perfectly good hardware purely for the sake of novelty.
>>
>>3188949

Looks like it. https://fuzzboxes.co.uk/product/super-fuzz-boy-game-boy-fuzz
>>
Why is the retro gaming community full of so many people who get mad about what other people do with retro junk?

People modding consoles or reusing housings, people who repurpose SID chips from broken C64s into synthesizers, fuck, you people even cry about people who collect games because they're "keeping them out of the market" or some shit like that.

If you care so much about this shit once other people get a hold of it, why didn't you pick it all up for yourselves in the first place?
>>
>>3188931
Guitar pedal
>>
It's like watching a classic car being gutted and used for restaurant decoration or some other faggot shit. Pretty gross.
>>
>>3188920
Would be neat if it were a bitcrusher pedal, but it's just a fuzz pedal with an incredibly generic tone.

https://youtu.be/CuXLI7pRGdg

Because it sells on appearance rather than being a decent product, I'm going to have to say it's shit.
>>
>>3189037
True, but how much of this stuff is just sitting in the garbage?
>>
Nah it's cool. Fuck everything. Nothing is sacred.
>>
>>3189089
From what little I know about electronics and schematics, the fuzz pedals looks to be the simplest to make.
>>
>>3188961
by time somebody is selling this, I imagine it's cheaper and easier for them to buy DMG casings on ebay and build a pedal to its dimensions, rather than source expensive and variable-condition actual DMGs.

I also think OP is here selling them, since the file is called Gameboy 2 and includes the brand name etc.
>>
Why are these things called pedal if you don't step on them.
>>
>>3189037

versus what? Rusting out in a dump?
>>
>>3189037
>>3189096
>>3189457

I agree if all it's doing is rusting in a dump. I wouldn't agree if they went and bought a system which may have been needing only simple repairs or even still worked, and then gutted it for purpose of fulfilling their desired aesthetic, which given the price of a DMG game boy vs. the price of a working classic car, is probably much more likely in this case than in others.

I would say it's their prerogative, I just hope they do it responsibly and remember that original hardware isn't going to start popping up again anytime soon.
>>
>>3189446
you do though. Thats what the big chrome button on the left side is for. Your foot.
>>
>>3189521
kill yourself degenerate tripcuck
>>
>>3189521
Dumb women constantly have sex with everyone all the time but somehow get offended when it's with an ugly guy who happens to be a bit assertive. What the hell.
>>
>>3188982

It's mostly because these consoles are non-renewable resources. In 30 years, who knows how many Game Boys will still work? Electronic music companies like Roland and Korg remake their old stuff all the time, while you'll never see Nintendo make a hardware Game Boy clone.
>>
>>3189521
I remember seeing hilarious edits of this one.
>>
>>3189521
>rape is the absolute worst thing someone can do to another
>>
>>3189097
It's kinda neat, but what was it?
>>
>>3189097
My grandmother got me something along those lines made out of a small tree stump and a bull's horn. To this day I don't know what the hell she was thinking, and I'm usually very gracious about any gift.
>>
>LOL WE PUT IT IN A GAMEBOY LOOK AT US AREN'T WE SUCH RETRO KIDS LOL LMAO REBLOG AND RETWEET
>>
>>3188993
thats pretty cool
ive never heard of custom guitar pedals before
>>
File: 1462395631981.png (212 KB, 760x1898) Image search: [Google]
1462395631981.png
212 KB, 760x1898
>>3189521
>Deleting your SJW images
>>
File: 1362025897388.png (807 KB, 760x1903) Image search: [Google]
1362025897388.png
807 KB, 760x1903
>>3189556
>>3189750
>>
>>3188982
>why didn't you pick it all up
Because they weren't even born when this stuff was cheap and cat afford it on their allowance now.
>>
>>3189521

Why are you trying to derail the thread?
>>
>>3189750

I can agree with the sentiment but holy fuckin shit is that cringeworthy.
>>
>>3189750
Please stop raping my eyes with this.
>>
>>3189750
>I'm only going to say this once
>says it like five more times

Good job, whatever you are.
>>
>>3189750
>>3189771

>>3190202
this
>>
>mfw /vr/ autists shit their giant babby diapers when people do cool stuff with old gameboys
>>
>>3189750

This makes me want to rape
>>
>>3189097
Please tell that's a student model horn and not a Strad or some shit
>>
>>3188920
Absolutely fucking disgusting
Feel free to deface anything new or recently new but destroying history like this is horrible
I have no problem if a handheld or console is utterly busted and then you re-purpose it or alter it but when it's perfectly fine it's just horrible
>>
>>3190397
As I understand it, the finer an instrument it was originally the better the tone of the "analog tele-phonographer"
>>
>>3188920
>I feel raped when I see it.
SJWs go here >>>>>>/trash/
>>
>>3190397
>Strad
>trips on fedora
>>
>>3190393
That would be installing a backlight and/or a prosound mod. This is just cramming a simple guitar pedal into a gameboy and using a flash cart to display a screen, it is impractical.
>>
>>3189037
You're probably the same as the kind of faggot on /k/ who would go into a state of shock and start screaming at the sight of a hacked up 91/30 or some Chinese nugget with a painted stock.

>>3192691
Well, practical mods ARE better, I can't disagree.
>>
>>3190397
>strad
>not a student instrument
Pleb/ 10
>>
It's an original Gameboy... The only other shit on the market more common than this are original NESes and SMB/Duck Hunt cart.

If this were done to something moderately rare, I might cringe a bit. But who cares, it's not fucking Gameboy.
>>
>>3193962
Sweet nug bro
>>
>>3196484
This, they sold +100 million of the fucking things.

>>3196594
Not mine, but I think it looks like a passable enough general utility rifle (on the cheap), it's probably very low in cost, especially considering how it's just an old Chinese one.
>>
>>3193962
to be fair, I have no fucking clue why you'd put a pistol grip on a nugget
>>
>>3196703
Some prefer the ergonomics and different angle/length of pull.

The regular stock kind of has the ergonomics of a paddle.

Now, pic related, HERE's a gun that's butchered, it probably doesn't cycle correctly anymore with the hacked off barrel.
>>
>>3188920
It's just ugly and probably uncomfortable

Also now it's harder to store or take anywhere with you because the buttons stick out 10 miles from the fucking game boy

But whatever if people want to make their things worse it's fine.

The real worst part of that image is the screens protective plastic sticking out on the lower left side so all the dust and whatever else can get underneath.
>>
>>3196773
>bolt action
>pistol grip
>sawed off
>high capacity magazine
>bolt action
>BOLT ACTION
This is the gun of a casualty
>>
File: sks-folder.jpg (48 KB, 1200x450) Image search: [Google]
sks-folder.jpg
48 KB, 1200x450
>>3196912
>bolt-action
Maybe in practice, since with the hacksawed barrel, there probably isn't enough gas-pressure to properly cycle the action with each shot (this is something you could fix though), but it's inherently a self-loading kind of rifle.

I like posting it to give people a perspective on how things like pic related, just aren't shit compared to the hacksaw bubba special up there, considering it's easily revertible/salvageable, and looks downright tasteful next to it.
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.