[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do to that sale on gog i've recently acquired sam and max
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 154
Thread images: 23
Do to that sale on gog i've recently acquired sam and max hit the road, shits cash so while im here lets have a sam and max thread
>>
Why were the Telltale games so bland compared to Hit The Road?
>>
>>3187530

Sam: It's a possessed outhouse!

Max: This kind of thing wouldn't happen if they had indoor plumbing.
>>
>>3187545
3D
Limited budget
Simpsons syndrome (00's stop making you fun)

Still wanted to play Freelance Police though, at least it had the original VAs, too bad whatever 85% beta there is of it will rot on some Lucas/Disney HDD for all time to come.
>>
>>3187553
And having to churn out much more of it at a constant rate because of their episodic release shit.
>>
Love hit the road, the comics, the cartoon, I even love the telltale games. I have hit the road on scummvm, I was thinking about buying the big box pc game. The season 3 should get a physical release or a compilation for anything, really. I got it cheap on PSN, but I don't do digital.
Hit the road is good because it's from a different time. It's shorter and the writing is brilliant.
Telltale should do season 4, but with a deus ex machina solving everything or a reboot, because the story is getting very iditotic.
>>
Nothing is more shit than telltale acquiring the rights and eventually developing the PC games for the Wii. It's Point and Click, not point and drag to simulate a joystick. The controls became complete shit.

Hit The Road is the best game in the series by far.
>>
Hit the Road is hilarious, but I don't like the actual game that much.
I should replay it.
>>
>>3187589
>I have hit the road on

If you're looking for excuses to replay it I suggest you should try DOSBox to at least get the full 4 OP soundtrack working.
>>
>>3187608
ScummVM on Wii supports 240p which looks pretty nice for the game.
>>
>>3187608
what? scummvm works just fine. I like it because I downloaded a pack with all adventure games that are compatible. as far as I can tell the soundtrack is just right. and I play it all the time, because it's the only emulator that I don't have to stick a control pad to make it playable.
>>
Sam: My little buddy needs to use the facilities.
Max: Facilities be damned! I need a bathroom!
>>
>>3187617
I said full 4OP soundtrack, meaning the OPL3 implementation, which ScummVM is yet to support. I say this because since I actually grew up with Hit the Road on a SB16 equipped 486 it's the only way to listen it as I remember. I also have a raging boner over ScummVM, but don't mind me. Just saying that if you're going for another playthrough you can try DOSBox which does in fact not need a control pad to play a game designed around a mouse. Using the MT-32 emulator is also a good idea, although the game was composed on a SC-55.

>>3187589
Oh, and I think Telltale's still selling Season 3 physically, or at least I got a hold of the three games while they were selling. Since I don't really like the game very much I wouldn't be afraid of selling it to you if it wasn't Sam and fucking Max, sorry.

You should try ebay.
>>
>>3187648
the physical copy is pc only. I should have been clearer. I avoid buying games on pc, I don't like being treated as a thief.

and now I got it. I'm not all about being so faithful to the original, I usually play on the original console, but pc is complicated, so anything that works is ok. And I remember that I used to play hit the road on floppies, not cd, so it didn't have voices. So it's an improvent for me. Full throttle I still have the cd. I don't care for it.
>>
.mfw the only other old adventure game i've played is a little bit of grim fandango
>mfw these fucking puzzles
>theres a bunch of Sasquatch hair all over frog rock
>BUT FOR WHAT PURPOSE
>>
>>3187685
It's kind of sad that you miss a face anon, but that frog rock thing wasn't even a puzzle, since the mole guy told you exactly what to do.
>>
>>3187723
shit he does? I don't rember him mentioning anything about what you actully do at the rock
>>
CSB:
Two dudes at my job are named Sam and Max, respectively. I keep confusing their names for some reason even though I've known the motherfuckers for years, and now everyone else is doing it too.

>>3187545
Not sure just how much Steve Purcell had to do with the games outside of providing artwork. Without his writing it's really easy to fuck them up. He's been at Pixar for something like 20 years now, and he's basically their fixer; if a movie looks like it's going to be a disaster, they bring him in to salvage it. Cars and Brave are the most well-known examples.
>>
>>3187831
>I keep confusing their names for some reason even though I've known the motherfuckers for years

That's fine, since it's the dog and rabbit's main schtick.
>>
>>3187864

That was the point of the CSB I guess, just lost my train of thought; It's bad enough that they wonder why I keep cracking up every time I do it.
>>
Sam: I'm Sam. He's Max. We fight crime.
Max: We also like long walks along the beach.
>>
>>3187553
WE MUST MAKE IT HAPPEN
>>
>>3190007
lets go steal it
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0gKPgTl5DA
How comfy was this?

What was up with the highway minigame? Never got that.
>>
File: 3252.png (168 KB, 414x433) Image search: [Google]
3252.png
168 KB, 414x433
>tfw can still remember the day when I heard how Sam & Max 2 got canceled
>tfw no proper sequel to Hit the Road
>>
File: max likes it.jpg (25 KB, 320x238) Image search: [Google]
max likes it.jpg
25 KB, 320x238
>yfw you accidentally found out there's a button to make the game black and white like a noir movie
>>
>>3192446
The whole game is 10/10 comfy tier. That sweet sweet saturday morning cartoon look and sound.
>>
I
>>
>>3192549
CAN'T
>>
File: 1356645231482.jpg (333 KB, 1441x1137) Image search: [Google]
1356645231482.jpg
333 KB, 1441x1137
I never read the Sam & Max comics, other than these few strips I've seen on 4chan. Are they generally any good, should I find myself a physical copy of the collection? I'm a toilet reader.
>>
>>3192552
PICK
>>
>>3192557
THAT
>>
>>3192560
UP!
>>
File: smx1.jpg (523 KB, 918x1382) Image search: [Google]
smx1.jpg
523 KB, 918x1382
>>3192549
>>3192552
>>3192557
>>3192560
>>3192562

When I was a kid I was shocked (in a good way) that the game just broke the fourth wall like that, because I played lots of point'n'click adventures at the time and trying to pick every single item was the standard in those type of games.
>>
>>3187530
>Do to that sale on gog i've recently paid for roms. Shit i'm out of cash.
Anyway. Agree hit the road is great.
>>
>>3187545
It was too easy. I liked it with its humor and it was fun at times, but hit the road is significantly better.
>>
>>3192553
I read them all in some gif zip torrent or something but yeah, I think they're good but they're also pretty different from the games - the comics have a really surreal quality to it that take a while to adjust to if you're coming in from the other parts of the series
>>
>>3192446
>What was up with the highway minigame? Never got that.

You're supposed to jump on top of the signs and then click again to bounce and get time/score. It requires pretty strict timing and it's not easy to get since the framerate isn't doing you any favors.

By the way, that music is straight from Day of the Tentacle.
>>
>>3187545
New voice actors are less interesting, graphics are bland 3D instead of the pretty stellar spriteart of Hit the Road, and the plot just feels less grounded. Hit the Road was a game that really captured the zeitgeist of Midwest roadtrips, later games had more abstract stuff like Sam and Max going to hell and dealing with zombies.
>>
>>3187545
I thought the first and second season of the telltale titles were great, the third one is where the charm really went away
>>
>>3192701
You know what I think? If Double Fine were to make a Remastered version, like they did with Day of the Tentacle, I would buy it.

Yeah, I would totally buy that!
>>
>>3192446
>highway minigame?

What? I don't remember this minigame. Also, is there any way to get the soundtrack to sound like this in scummvm?
>>
I'm filled with disgust and an odd sense of foreboding.
>>
>>3193760
This Tbh family.
>>
>>3195168
It's optional.

Tbh my favorite minigame was the battleships one.
>>
>>3187545
Because Telltale, that's why
>>
>>3187530
>do to the sale
>>
File: Untitled2.png (152 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Untitled2.png
152 KB, 1024x768
Why are the KKK in this game
>>
>>3187545
The puzzles now made sense. Hit the road was way funnier and had more charm I agree, but the game itself was almost unplayable.
>>
>>3201223
To play music for the Syrian refugees.
>>
>>3201223
I thought they were Happy Happyists

SOMEONE LIED TO ME
>>
>>3201223
>>3201482
Jesus guys, they're bigfoots. Play the game.

>>3202703
Blue blue blue, blue. Blue, blue blue blue blue? Blue!
>>
>>3187530
Protip: play that shit with an MT-32 emulator (or a real one).
>>
>>3192553
The best place to read Sam and Max is the bathroom.
>>
File: 1447727582273.png (747 KB, 839x464) Image search: [Google]
1447727582273.png
747 KB, 839x464
>>3201223
They're not KKK, they're Moon men
>>
>>3202757
That's where I read all my literature.
>>
>>3193760
I really liked the HP Lovecraft stuff they did with season 3, it was really cool.
>>
>>3202713
BLUUUUUUUUUUUUEEEEE!
>>
>>3192562
Look at what you've done to Sam! You've reduced him to tears! I hope you're happy!
>>
>>3187545
Did Steven Purcell still write during the Telltale series? A lot of it seemed pretty fan-fiction-y, especially season 3. I mean didn't it actually have two endings, one that basically in character, and one that was for fans of the games, and everyone agreed the latter was incorrect?

That said there were some great moments.

(In Max's inventory)
S: Hey look fake Max! I remember that bucket of fish. Ah things were much simpler then...
M: Actually I remember them being quite harder... And longer... And the voices-
S: We get it fake Max.
>>
>>3192570
The whole "surfing the highway" book that was a compilation of all the sam and max comics was an amazing purchase. So much good shit in it.
>>
>>3187545
While the seasons are overall pretty bland, you got to admit certain episodes stood out as pretty awesome. Reality 2.0 is a favourite of mine for sure...
>>
>>3205542
I'm pretty sure they were written to appease the people who cancelled Freelance Police.
>>
File: fp.jpg (10 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
fp.jpg
10 KB, 259x194
DAILY REMINDER
>>
>>3207274
>Zootopia_not_furry_bait_edition

Or

Max_on_top_of_Runespace_Gnome
>>
File: Reactionshotsamandmax.png (292 KB, 475x342) Image search: [Google]
Reactionshotsamandmax.png
292 KB, 475x342
>>
>>3207274
Is this from the real Sam & Max 2?
>>
>>3209746
Yes, the REAL one, not the Telltale one
>>
>>
Is this the best graphic novel ever made? You could spend hours purely looking through details in the background.
>>
File: image.jpg (187 KB, 640x882) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
187 KB, 640x882
>>3211063

Forgot image.
>>
>>3211063
That's Steve Purcell for you anon.
>>
>>3211097

Has he done anything worthwhile professionally past Sam and Max?
>>
File: sam & max.jpg (247 KB, 720x1099) Image search: [Google]
sam & max.jpg
247 KB, 720x1099
Remember the cartoon show? I thought it was pretty good.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVoH4odBCvs
>>
>>3211112
Not much related to comics I'm afraid, but he works at Pixar from quite a while now and he screenplayed some stuff and even directed Brave.
>>
>>3211265
Incidentally, I wonder if he was involved with Ratatouille in any way, or if he was brought on to Pixar too late. The dude has loved rats ever since he was a kid, when he had pet rats, and I'd bet dollars to donuts that if he didn't work on it, he wishes he had.
>>
>>3211359
Well, apparently Wikipedia says he was on the production crew. He first worked on Cars and even gave some VA.
>>
>>3211068
>tfw a physical copy is like £100
if i didn't have ADHD [and thus would actually finish it] i totally would.
>>
>>3211423
>tfw a physical copy is like £100

You sure? I hear they've been reprinting it and it goes for around the original price which was 19$ I believe.
>>
>>3211265
Honestly uninterested in trying the telltale games. What little I've seen of them comes off as completely missing the tone of the first game.
>>
>>3211450
Amazon says £30 for a used paperback and £100 for a hardback. Ebay in my experience is a single £100 paperback.
>>
>>3187646
In the german version instead of 'Facilities be damned' Max says:
>Scheiß auf die Örtlichkeiten
which translates literally as
>shit on the facilities
because in germany we use 'shit' instead of 'fuck'.
For 12 year old me, that was the funniest thing ever. The Lucasfilm games were one of the very few exceptions where the german versions didn't suck and sometimes even were superior.
>>
>>3211246
I only got into Sam and Max a few years back but the cartoon was one of the first things I searched for. The whole thing's on YouTube right now and you can still buy the DVD of the whole series for fairly cheap.
Always found it strange that Sam is voiced by the same person who voiced King Koopa in the many DiC Mario cartoons.
>>
>>3211961
Ah, appealing to those gamers of the 80s!
>>
>>3211486
>tfw bought the compilation comic and the signed art prints when season 1 first came out for cheap.
>>
>>3212264
Great now I wanna fug CD-i Zelda. The one female (erh, incarnation of)I've just realised I've never sexualised before.
>>
>>3211961
If you think that's strange, Sam in "Hit the Road" is voiced by Bill Farmer, the current voice of Goofy. Max in the same game was voiced by the guy who voiced Richard Fisk (the Kingpin's son) in the '90s Spider-Man cartoon.
>>
>>3212360
It makes me so sad that Telltale is too cheap and too inconsiderate to hire these two talented actors.
>>
>>3193387
>By the way, that music is straight from Day of the Tentacle.
I'm pretty sure they reused that cheesy elevator music from DOTT as well.
>>
>>3212348
>>3212264
She looks like Penny from BBT there.
>>
>>3213227
Was that really the reason? They did actually hire Christopher Lloyd and Michael J Fox for the Back to the Future games.
>>
>>3204626
Green, green! Oh i'm saying it wrong the whole time... Blue blue!
>>
>>3213372
That's the problem. Telltale reaches into its pockets for games that they know people will buy, like Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, Back to the Future, and Borderlands. But here, they just half-ass Sam and Max.

And not only that, they won't let the original actors reprise their roles EVEN AFTER THEIR LAST PROJECT THEY WORKED ON WAS INTERRUPTED.
>>
>>3211246
>>
>>3212360
It's said that when Farmer read for the role he didn't understand it and held little interest in it, so he did it as dryly and awkwardly as possible to intentionally bomb the audition. Purcell hired him on the spot.
>>
>>3214504
It's said that his Sam voice sounds like a mixture of Humphrey Bogart and Johnny Carson.

Most video game characters don't sound that awesome!
>>
File: samandmax3.jpg (113 KB, 900x675) Image search: [Google]
samandmax3.jpg
113 KB, 900x675
Id play another Tell tale game if they ever deiced to stop milking the Walking Dead cow.
>>
File: batman telltale.jpg (105 KB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
batman telltale.jpg
105 KB, 1200x675
>>3215407
If they do stop milking the Walking Dead cow, it's probably because they've moved on to milking the Batman cow.
>>
>>3213372
It's not Michael J. Fox, it's some kid who sounds similar to him when he was young.
>>
>>3215727
Nonetheless, they did hire Fox for the finale.
>>
>>3215425
>>3215407
Goddamnit, I hope they sell their rights for Sam & Max and Monkey Island to some company that actually wants to make games in those series instead of walking simulators based on lame trendy cash cow franchises.
>>
>>3215425
I wouldn't mind it a bit if Telltale somehow monopolized story-focused games. A good amount of games with great story and settings have pretty poor gameplay, so skipping that would probably be a good thing for modern gaming since it wouldn't be movies pretending to be games.
>>
>>3215771
DOUBLE FINE PLZ
>>
>>3187545
I actually thought The Devil's Playhouse was on par if not better than the original LucasArts game
>>
I agree, Devil's Playhouse was pretty decent by adventure game standards.
Hit the Road had some good moments but there were technical limitations on how much dialogue they could pack in, and the puzzles needed to be batshit insane in order to prevent people from finishing too early.
The Telltale games are way too goddamn easy (there's a huge walkthrough barrier in any new game, where if you make the puzzles hard enough, people will just give up and search for walkthroughs, so it's understandable) and in some cases, a fair bit too much dialogue.
>>
>>3215771
Yeah, God forbid a company ever do anything apart from making the same game over and over again. Much better to just sell it to some retarded fanboy who'll just make a crappy game instead of letting the series die with dignity.
>>
>>3217550
>Implying either of those series would die with dignity having the Telltale games as their last entries
>>
>>3217550
It can't be crappier than any of Telltale's recent games
>>
>>3217474
> puzzles needed to be batshit insane

The puzzles in Hit the Road are chump change compared to other point and click games. I can't think of any puzzles in the game to call batshit, /maybe/ the vegetable headswap one.
>>
>>3218910
The puzzle with four totems in the end is my favorite!
>>
>>3192553

I own a copy of the comic. I might scan it for posterity's sake, since the public scans are kinda crap. There's an anniversary edition that was released, so I'd rather have that on my shelf than some beat-up paperback.
>>
>>3220750
Please do and let us know somehow if this topic doesn't live til then
>>
>>3220750
It'd be nice if someone out there had all the issues of the LucasArts adventure mag/catalog thing to scan since there were single page Sam and Max comics in each issue.
>>
>>3217448
>>3217474
>>3203668
Yeah, I actually liked it too.
Like, sure, it may have been an entirely different tone from what I expect from a "proper" Sam and Max game, but it's part of what made it so fun. It may be also that it started to have more character in its looks and design too, compared to somewhat sterile 1 and 2 season.
And overall it was kinda fun to actually have some theme in the season (namely, the friendship of Sam and Max and everything being held together by Toys of Power), plus every episode actually had a different genre to it. And it wasn't either too episodic or too rigidly held together, unlike previous seasons.
Not sure if it was a good Sam and Max game, but it sure was fun as a series of episodes and as a quest.
Also, they finally dropped most of the characters they have been stringing along for previous 2 seasons.
>>
>>3221112
Doesn't the Collector's Edition of Surfing the Highway have them?
>>
>>3221112
those are all in the anniversary edition

just search for Sam & Max - Surfin' The Highway (2012)(Digital)(Pirate-Empire).cbr and you'll find them
>>
File: players.jpg (126 KB, 1080x608) Image search: [Google]
players.jpg
126 KB, 1080x608
DAILY REMINDER THAT THIS GAME WAS THEIR LAST APPEARANCE
>>
>>3224648
Good game, except for memetrap.
>tfw Steve Purcell works at Pixar
Sam & Max movie never ever...
>>
File: sadthree.jpg (59 KB, 699x519) Image search: [Google]
sadthree.jpg
59 KB, 699x519
>>3224685
>Sam & Max movie never ever...
>>
File: sammeme.jpg (13 KB, 272x185) Image search: [Google]
sammeme.jpg
13 KB, 272x185
>>
>>3226171
I like them but i doubt they could sustain an entire movie.
>>
>>3228053
DON'T KNOCK IT TILL YA TRIED IT
>>
Holy mackerel in the vegan salad with turkey on top, it's S&M thread!
> over last couple of months finished HtR and season 1

> Why are there always so many water bottles at these clubs?
> It's because of all the drugs.
> Then we better take one.
Classic.
>>
> point at the waste bucket
S: There's nothing useful in here
M: How ironic!
>>
Here is Max in the style he should have looked like for any 3D-offering:

http://colonthreeenterprises.tumblr.com/tagged/max

I am going to make Sam at some point too.
>>
>>3228053
I want to strangle you until you change your opinion, or turn purple and die.
>>
>>3229783
>low poly
Fucking disgusting.
>>
>>3229798
It's the rendering.
>>
>>3229783
Better than Telltale, that's for sure
>>
>>3205542
>>3206420

wait what two endings? And one was tailored towards Freelance Police fans? do tell!
>>
File: samandmax.jpg (354 KB, 800x561) Image search: [Google]
samandmax.jpg
354 KB, 800x561
>>3211423
Keep the book or retire on that fortune? decisions, decisions!
>>
>>3230159
>wasting money on a shitty franchise
>>
>>3229783
>tumblr
>obvious furrism

>>3228817
>>3229792
What? I like them an their humour, but I dunno if they could sustain an hour or more romp, given how disjointed the stores become - I can see it escalating and escalating until it's just tiresome, look at the Telltale series, the dialogue becomes a chore by the end. They worked amazingly in the half hour cartoon format.

>>3230152
At one point, The Narrator, or Girl Stinky, tells Sam Max probably won't survive the un-cthuluing process, and you get prompted with two dialogue choices, one being something like "but who will I stop crime with?" and "but who will I go on adventures with?". If you choose the latter, when Max reappears from a time travel booth at the end, Sam puts down his hat and they both go back into the booth, and it ends with a shot of the ocean. If you pick the former, the booth disappears while they walk back into the city as the sun rises, and you can see it's covered in rats and giant cockroaches. Most fans agreed that was more on character and more reflective of Steve Purcells style.
>>
>>3229746
It's where the dialogue in Telltale's games came from!
>>
>>3187598
You should.
>>
>>3228053
They'd be perfect for a short but yeah, a full movie would become like a lucid dream after half an hour.
>>
File: latest[1].png (12 KB, 160x246) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
12 KB, 160x246
I remember my Childhood in Brighton

When dear ol' dad would bounce me on his knee

He'd say "son there ain't nothing more excitin'

Than exposing beasts to inhumanity!"

That's

Why

I'm

Happy to be King of the Creatures

I'm proud to be lord of the odd!

It's fun collecting things with grotesque features

it makes me feel like some Chaldean God!

Oh I trapped me first tiger before I could speak

Killed me a bear when I was three!

And now with this Bigfoot and Giraffe Neck Freak,

I finally have a full menagerie!

HIT IT BOYS!!

That's

Why

He's

Happy being feared by the Fauna!

Jazzed to be the Czar of the Bizarre!

None of us can leave though we all wanna

It's hard to be a Country Western Staaaaaaaa aaaarrr rrrrrr....

Thank yew.
>>
>>3211246
One of the best cartoons ever made. A shame it didn't get a second season.
>>
>>3234204
Come on, that's just fanboism speaking. It's not even that funny.
>>
>>3235445
Compared it to Telltale's seasons and say that again.
>>
>>3233658
There once was a man named John Muir,
A naturalist noble and pure,
Whose love for all beasties,
the most and the least-ies,
Has never been equalled,
Uh...
Fer shure!
>>
>>3236369
FOR SUUUUUUUURE
>>
>>
So, who wants to see Telltale's series redubbed?
>>
>>3211058
>>3214476
>>3240919
Please stop. This type of "humor" is so anti-theistical to the humor of Sam & Max it's just embrassing.

>>3242629
I'd rather a new games personally. And even then, the voices are the least of my concerns, I'd prefer more refined humor and glorious art.
>>
File: tl.png (260 KB, 809x690) Image search: [Google]
tl.png
260 KB, 809x690
>half the thread is just pointless shitting on the telltale games
>>
>>3243860
Yeah new flash, this board of full on contrarians that hate anything that isn't considered 9/10. Any less is garbage, any more is "overrated".

I'd say Telltale was 7/10. Could've been better, but was still pretty good, especially when it stoppe being as episodic as the first season was.
>>
You sank my battleship!

>>3243860
>pointless
>>
>>3244665
You destroyed my DeSoto!
>>
>>3246221
I loved that mini game. Sometimes I opened SCUMM just to play a round or two of it. The AI was surprisingly competent... Or Max was just cheating and looking at Sam's side... Probably the latter.
>>
Ahh, the memories. I remember being an eastern european child...it was in the early nineties. And I read some foreign magazine that had pictures of Sam&Max in it. I was always big into adventure games, to these days, and Lucasarts was the undisputed king of that genre. I remember how weird it looked to me. Without the options down there like "Walk to" or "Pick up" and "Use". It was all done with changing the icon on screen. The screenshots were mainly from the circus part of the game and it looked so zany, so fun.

Then I got the game on a couple of floppy discs from a guy in school. Honestly, I didn't know if my toaster will be able to run it, or if it was even the game itself, or just some corrupt floppies as was the norm those days. Anyway, installed it, ran it. And sure as hell, I heard the Lucasarts thingy, and it appeared. Holy shit, I was so happy. It's the kind of happiness you can't really explain as a grownup. A message came that the system is low on memory and that I might experience problems, b ut I didn't care. It worked! It goddamn worked! It only played the voices in the intro, and still I didn't care. I played it all day. Then the day after, then the day after. I got stuck, and it took me some time to finish it, but I never once was bored with it. It was so awesome.

It was a good game, and it holds a special place in my heart, like most adventure games from that time and I am happy I played it. Never watched the show really, nor played the Telltale games. Maybe I will one day, but even if they were great games which I heard they are not, they would never be able to outdo the impact the original one had.

tl:dr: fag nostalgia trip
>>
>>3238656
Sam, the dead animal heads are talking to me.
>>
>>3248121
You really shouldn't tell fibs about dead animals, Max.
>>
>>3246790
Maybe that's the secret to winning!
Thread replies: 154
Thread images: 23

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.