[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
NES Recommendations
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 8
File: 2000px-NES_logo.svg.png (48 KB, 2000x778) Image search: [Google]
2000px-NES_logo.svg.png
48 KB, 2000x778
Wassoup, /vr/. I've never been a fan of the NES, though not for a lack of trying. I was wondering if you guys knew any games that might change my mind or perspective on the console.

The best of the best games you can think of, I'll try anything. Thanks for any suggestions.
>>
Kickle Cubicle
>>
File: Chip n Dale.png (3 KB, 256x240) Image search: [Google]
Chip n Dale.png
3 KB, 256x240
>I've never been a fan of the NES
So you've played NES games, but just didn't like them? Might help if we knew which NES titles you played.

Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers is an underrated gem and excellent platformer. Play that one, anon. You'll like it. I hope.

Do you have a favorite genre?
>>
>>3185579
Super Mario Bros. 3
Contra
Super C
Gradius
Gradius II
Crisis Force
Summer Carnival '92 - Recca
Mega Man 2
Mega Man 3
Castlevania
Castlevania III
Ninja Gaiden
Ninja Gaiden II
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III
Super Dodge Ball (the Japanese version, entitled "Nekketsu Koukou Dodge Ball Bu", is even better due to no slowdown)
Nekketsu Kakutou Densetsu
Nekketsu Street Basket - Ganbare Dunk Heroes
Tecmo Super Bowl
Nintendo World Cup
River City Ransom
Final Fantasy
Final Fantasy III
Crystalis
M.U.L.E.
Mini-Putt
Dr Mario
Bomberman II
Rampart (American version)
Rampart (Japanese version)
Tetris
Adventures of Lolo
Adventures of Lolo 2
Adventures of Lolo 3
Vegas Dream
Snow Brothers
NES Open Tournament Golf
North and South (if you have a second person to play this with it's pretty fun, if you're just playing single player then it's kinda just average)
Bionic Commando
Bio-Miracle Bokutte Upa
Splatterhouse Wanpaku Graffiti
Yume Penguin Monogatari
Akumajou Special - Boku Dracula-kun
Jackal
Excitebike
Bucky O'Hare

If you don't like any of these then the NES is probably not for you.
>>
File: image.png (258 KB, 360x500) Image search: [Google]
image.png
258 KB, 360x500
Uforia
>>
Duck Tales 2
Batman
Adventure Island III
Felix the Cat
Super Mario Bros 3
>>
File: Shatterhand_cover.jpg (69 KB, 300x426) Image search: [Google]
Shatterhand_cover.jpg
69 KB, 300x426
>>3185604
>no shatterhand
>>
>>3185579
Nigger, can't you read? Or are you just a bored troll? >>>/wsr/ is that way for recommendations.
>>
>>3185634
The "r" stands for REQUESTS, faggot. It's not a rec board. Go back to fucking /a/.
>>
>>3185772
It comes down to the same thing dumbass. Besides, it's still not allowed to make those threads here.
>>
These are my all time favorites.

Batman, Battletoads, Ninja Gaiden, Super C, Shatterhand, Adventure Island, Vice Project Doom, Kabuki Quantum Fighter
>>
>>3185889
>Vice Project Doom
Bitchin' game. If you liked the driving/shooting segments, try Battle Formula from Sunsoft.
>>
>>3185918
Just tried it out, and I liked it. Thanks
>>
>>3185634
>Nigger
>>3185869
>dumbass
Can't you read? Flaming is against the rules. Since you love pointing out rules so much, why don't you take your own advice.
>>
>>3185579
Batman
>>
>>3185579
Faxanadu
Castlevania 2
Zelda II
Crystalis
Dragon Warrior III
Dragon Warrior IV
Kid Icarus
Metroid
Mario 2
The Magic of Scheherazade
These 10 games will take you to another world.
>>
>>3186161
>Kid Icarus
>Metroid
>Mario 2
Finally someone with some fucking taste.
>>
>>3185889
>Battletoads
I played it after I watched GCCX. It's hard as hell.
>>
Mitsume ga tooru (aka Three-eyed one or 3 Eye Kid)
>>
>>3186203
Lol, that is the first time I ever posted anything on 4chan that I didn't get flamed for. Props.
>>
>>3185579
Battle of Olympus yo
>>
>>3186230
Really? You must be a shitty person.
>>
>>3185584
>Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers
>underrated

please show me one example of Rescue Rangers ever being underrated. by anyone, at anytime, anywhere.
>>
File: serveimage.png (90 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.png
90 KB, 320x240
>>3186228
Seconding this. It's my go-to recommendation for NES.
>>
>>3186228
>>3186605
holy shit, it has been 20 years i have been trying to find the name of this game. thank you!
>>
>>3185579
kage
>>
File: image.jpg (271 KB, 628x890) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
271 KB, 628x890
I'm surprised that no one has posted Solar Jetman yet.

The physics based gameplay is a blast once you get used to it, and the visuals are pretty nice to boot.

The one thing I have against it is the final level, which was a huge let down.
>>
>>3185889
Vice: Project Doom was beyond my expectations.
>>
File: 1446062735026.png (675 KB, 2560x2640) Image search: [Google]
1446062735026.png
675 KB, 2560x2640
Here you go OP
Don't mind the green lining, just marking which games on that chart I've beaten.
>>
File: AAAHHHHHHH.jpg (16 KB, 330x417) Image search: [Google]
AAAHHHHHHH.jpg
16 KB, 330x417
>>3185579
So are you gonna update us on which NES games you tried? And which ones you liked/disliked?

>>3189828
Some of those games listed on that chart aren't very good. Princess Tomato? Bio Force Ape? Indy Heat? Meh.
>>
>>3185579
Mario 3 is the best platformer ever made. You should probably play that.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.