[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some good JRPG's for PC?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (164 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
164 KB, 800x600
What are some good JRPG's for PC?
>>
>>3184582
jrpg was mostly a console thing in retro days
>>
Check Falcom's PC catalog.
>>
File: Septerra_Core_(PC)_01.jpg (105 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Septerra_Core_(PC)_01.jpg
105 KB, 640x480
>>3184582
>>
>>3184582
>>3184591
>pc-98,pc-88,X68000,fm towns,sharp X1,MSX
>>
>>3184637

Usually "PC" is used to refer to the IBM compatible computer, japanese computers were different, which is why you'd need an emulator if you wanted to play X68K or MSX games on your average 90s IBM PC compatible.

I assume OP is asking for retro JRPGs that got localized in english back in the day, since he posted a pic of FF7, which is one of the few JRPGs that got a Windows release back in the day.
Otherwise there are RPGs released for japanese windows but require an english patch made by fans.
>>
>>3184637
enjoy being unable to read rpg's for any of those platforms
>>
>>3184684
>plays japanese games
>cant read moon
dou shitan desuka?
>>
>>3184659
You'd also need an emulator to play old IBM-DOS games on a modern OS so the difference isn't that important.
PC98 to DOS/V or Windows 9x ports weren't uncommon and a bunch were imported to IBM-DOS back in the day.

>>3184684
Some games like Xanadu are entirely in English.

Rance series is the magnum opus of ero RPGs and fully translated as far as /vr/ is concerned.

Princess Maker 2 has a leaked translated version.

Ys 1+2 also deserves a special mention.
>>
>>3184634
it's a weebshit, not jrpg.
>>
>>3184582
Retro? Knights of Xentar. I'm not even kidding. It's got erotic elements to it, though you never really see anything outside of boobs, and it's batshit insane (you kill the wolf from Little Red Hood just as he's having his way with this game's version of Little Red Riding hood, and do the same to the seven rapist dwarves for Snow white). It's typical jrpg fare. Guy saves world with help of friends, but it's pretty damn funny and unorthodox. Give it a try.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.