[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Killer Instint
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (56 KB, 458x321) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
56 KB, 458x321
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3XsDC-qSmCg
I've been trying to find out what this game was all night just off my memory from when I was like 5 fighting the final boss, insane nostalgia when found
Anyone else ever play killer Instint?
>>
Instinct* fucking shit autocorrect
>>
Yeah it was a big hit back when it came out.

Probably the best western-made fighting game.
>>
>>3183667
> best western made fighting game

start typing up that essay, cause I'm gonna need some persuading for this.
>>
>>3183706
How many good western fighting games are there?
>>
>>3183663
>Anyone else ever play killer Instint?
Wow

Anyway yeah I ruled the arcade with Fulgore but I abandoned the franchise because nothing was ever as good as the original game in its original format.
>>
>>3183707
Weaponlord and arguably MK, but not to most.
>>
>>3183714
>Weaponlord
Fair enough.
>>
>>3183707
MK9 and OMF are both quite a bit better than KI.
>>
>>3183708
I thought the sequel was an improvement in every way
>>
First time I saw Killer Instinct was at the arcade. Never really understood the hype. Looked fairly generic and the animations were kind of wonky. Maybe that was the appeal.

Tekken was more my jam.
>>
>>3183706

It's the one western fighting game that plays the most like Street Fighter, KOF and other japanese fighting games. For instance, you can block by holding back.
>>
>>3183737
Every character has a hadouken and a shouryuken.
>>
>>3183737
>For instance, you can block by holding back.

OMF does that. Your essay is not going well so far.
>>
>>3183756
>>3183737
What are some 2d fighting games other than mortal kombat where you use a button to block?
>>
File: clayfighter.jpg (54 KB, 623x470) Image search: [Google]
clayfighter.jpg
54 KB, 623x470
>>3183707
Some people say that Clayfighter is a good game, I personally didn't like it.
>>
>>3183665
>autocorrect
But "instint" isn't a word so why would it correct to that?
>>
>>3183663
I fucking love this game.
I used to play the arcade version at a used game shop called Encore. I always got my ass kicked by this one group of guys that ripped shit up with Orchid. They also owned all high combo scores with everybody.
Then the SNES release came, and I trained. and I trained. Then I trained some more. TJ Combo became my main. I went back to Encore, and absolutely destroyed that crew that used to body me. After trouncing them, I went ahead and dethroned their high combo scores with everyone except Orchid and Cinder.

I'm still salty that this never got its proper N64 release.
>>
>>3183756

OK mr. nerd. Let's put it KI is one of the best western-made fighting games. I haven't played One Must Fall that much to judge, it had good music though.
KI is indisputably better than MK series (even if as a kid I liked MK II more).

>>3183749
that's the point, it's a lot similar to SF. Anyway not every character is the same, KI has a lot of charge characters too, and weird ones like Spinal.
>>
>>3183707
MK and that's it.
>>
File: megg.jpg (36 KB, 600x264) Image search: [Google]
megg.jpg
36 KB, 600x264
>>3183663
I remember playing it as a kid. The game was ok,and everything about it was 90's kool. So me and my middle school friends had a fucking blast. But it was simply block, then attempt your combo. Lacked depth. As for best western fighter, nah. I liked Eternal Champions more. Neither game was great. I'd probably say ULTIMATE MK 3 takes the cake as best Western.
>>
I played this game back in the snes days but nobody i knew had a snes (everybody had genesis because the games were cheap pirate copies) and there were very few KI arcade machines in my country.

My story with KI is a very lonely one.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.