[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Replaying through DKR now, emulated copy. Own and beat origional
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: download (2).jpg (9 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
download (2).jpg
9 KB, 259x194
Replaying through DKR now, emulated copy. Own and beat origional a long time ago, is still a great game. I noticed something during the coin and trophy challenges that's bothering me though. Playing through Ancient Lake, pic stage, the first stage in the game, the computers are rubber banding like crazy. Now I'm used to games doing this, but I watched the map and the CPUs literally cut through the walls of the map and beat me to the finish line 50% of the time. I know thier cheating and I have no way to stop it. My issue though is I've never seen them do this before. Like never in my years of this game. Especially not during the coin challenge. Trophy? I can see, but not coin, or this early in the game for that matter. Am I crazy and it's always been like this, or is this strange to anyone else?
>>
>>3182881
Weird, I recall from watching agdq one of the speedrunners said DKR had no rubber banding whatsoever.
>>
>>3182890
Now that's really weird. I'm going to play the level agaon to see if I can repeat the phenomenon. The game doesn't have any antipiracu measures, does it?
>>
>>3182906
Entering the level after beating it, no coin challenge, they are doing it lap 1 and/or 3. They will enter the stage at random points and emerge about half a lap ahead of you, but they are usually able to be caught up to (except if they do it right at the end of a race). I'm playing on Wiibrew, let me see if I can get to record it on a computer and upload it, this is really weird, and I have only seen it happen on this stage, I'm right now going through the silver coin challenges on the Ice world.
>>
>>3182881
NPCs in diddy kong racing don't rubber band, so either you're lying or it's an emulation bug.
>>
>>3182881
Just another reason why Mario Kart 64 is infinitely better than this piece of shit
>>
>>3182991
>8th place - only pick up lightning and spiked shells
>1st place - bananas and green shells
you're right anon, i love games that punish you for playing well.

DKR even has better mechanics for time trials, which is the only reason to play racing games anyway.
>>
>>3183007
git gud faggot
>>
>>3182991

Nope. Mario Kart has cheating, and Diddy Kong Racing does not. OP obviously has something terribly wrong. Perhaps a romhack.
>>
>>3182984
Maybe bug but I still don't see why it would. That's why I was wondering if it had something anti piracy related, but I can't find anything on it.
>>
>>3183019
Did not mean to segment my post from >>3183542, but I got it right from Emuparadise just a few days ago. The only things that look odd are the occasional off texture colors (especially with the ocean). Unless thier rom is corrupted, there shouldn't be anything off.
>>
>>3182881
If you are emulating a Rare N64 game, chances are very likely the emulation is fucked up no matter what emulator you try. I hate to break it to you but you're better of playing the game on a real N64 or on Virtual Console.
>>
OP here. So playing through the game, just got to the space level, the only stage that has done this is Ancient Lake, which is fucking weird, but I guess is evidence to it being a glitch.
>>
>>3182881
Diddy Kong Racing's rubber banding is so imperceptible (if there's any at all) if you're ANY good at you'll start lapping your opponents.

You had the fucking nerve to complain... embarrassing.
>>
Hey speaking of Diddy Kong Racing, anyone notice a decline in difficulty through the game? I felt like the coin challenges and TT challenges were much harder in the Dino Domain levels and they were piss easy in the Future Fun land levels. Like the coin challenges in the space ones they were in the middle of the track as opposed to the other world's making you go out of the way to collect them.
>>
>>3188113
Second Wizpig seemed easier too.
>>
>>3188116
Dude fuck the first Wizpig. I don't even know if it's possible to best him with Pipsy or Tiptup
>>
>>3188116
>>3188113
Yeah exactly. I think the future levels may have been last minute. The game feels a little rushed after Wizpig 1. Triceratops 2, Octopus 2, and Dragon 2 were also decently difficult, couldn't beat any of them on the first try.
>>
>tap A instead of holding it down
>win everything with ease

not cool if you ask me
>>
>>3188171
What do you mean?
>>
>>3188182
If you tap A in the car you break the game.
>>
>>3188182
tapping A makes you go faster than holding it. also, spamming barrel rolls in the plane is faster than normal flying, and rapidly turning right and left in the hovercraft is faster than just driving forward.

it only breaks the game if your goal is to beat the single player (which is piss easy even without the tech). the real challenge in DKR, like it should be in any racing game, is competing in time trials.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.