[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sonic The Hedgehog 4 (1996)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (137 KB, 1070x739) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
137 KB, 1070x739
How would /vr/ make Sonic 4 in the 90s as a sequel to 3&K?
Would it be on Saturn? What levels would there have been? Characters? Story?
>>
No Robotnik. Sonic will have to train at the sonic academy for a long time and then face his arch rival on the Sega Dreamcast. Coldsteel the Hedgehog
>>
>>3182293
psst..nothing personnel kid..
>>
I would introduce a new wacky friend which is featured prominently in half the game while Sonic himself gets sidelined.
>>
HIT IT
>>
>>3182285
I love Sonic 1: the next level
>>
How about Tails gets his own series on the Saturn?
>>
>>3182285
If you start this thread with hat image, I'll put it simply: hire MarkeyJester and put him in charge of everything.
>>
>>3182285
I think by the end of s3&k robotnik was btfo pretty good so probably a new bad guy to replace him. Have it in on the Saturn and try to make it the best looking 2d game ever made. Playable characters being your usual Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles with Robotnic and his various boss vehicles being unlockable. Story would evolve around something so endangering even robotnik helps out. That's about all I can come up with from the top of my head.
>>
>>3184430
So Sonic Adventure 2?
>>
>>3184471
But good.
>>
>>3184430
This guy has the right idea. Make it the most amazing looking 2 d game possible.
As for the enemy, ti be decided. Lately alllll Sonic's bad guys have been started by robotnik, but he loses control and Sonic and botnik need to join forces...

I'd also Add in a level designer as well as make each level have done obscure path that is hard, bit cool and lets you finish the level in under a minute of you can do it.

Plus brilliant level design and a water level where the key is not falling in the water
>>
>>3182285
FRIENDLY REMINDER NOT TO INDULGE SONIC-RELATED AUTISM. IGNORE AND HIDE ALL SONIC THREADS. THANK YOU.
>>
>>3184741
Undertale fan detected
>>3182285
Make Robotnik a villain but have there be a bigger bad to fight at the end, have 16-18 zones since it has to bigger than 3 & K, make Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy, and some other jobbers playable or something, they all play similar with different abilities
Oh and there is a Canada level
>>
>>3184741
Chill out, anon. Find yourself in Jesus.
>>
>>3182285
Sonic Xtreme, but I'd fix all the cockups in management with the power of foresight.
>>
>>3182296
So, he's whispering now?
>>
>>3182285
Speedrunners with Sonic characters. Sonic Sprint would be the best game ever that Sega would stay in the console market.
>>
>Take chaotix
>Unfuck the physics and get rid of the combi ring
>Design some proper levels and release it on the megadrive
That's it.
>>
File: a cry for help.gif (4 MB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
a cry for help.gif
4 MB, 300x225
>>3182285
A game that takes place in the Sonic Underground Universe/Lore with Manic as the MC and tells the epic tale of romance between Sonic x Bartleby. This is the games intro.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhYYQiFozl8
>>
>>3183321
well they couldn't call it Tails Adventure
would they skip right to Tails Boom?
>>
>>3182285
I'd add guns, and replace Sonic with a green rabbit with a red headband. Also make it for PCs.
>>
>>3186272

Go to bed Bielzinsky
>>
>>3185339
Just call it Tails The Fox.
>>
File: 300px-Michael_jackson.jpg (27 KB, 300x256) Image search: [Google]
300px-Michael_jackson.jpg
27 KB, 300x256
Just a reminder: sonic the hedgehog was a CIA MKULTRA mindfuck designed with cooperation with Michael Jackson to spread autism among black youth.
>>
More levels and a time attack mode

Also, a versus mode on the game's actual levels. None of this Sonic 3 mini courses shit. All levels available.
>>
>tfw no Badnik Bigtop Zone
>>
A zone made out of solid gold with rainbow coloured loop de loops.

Give Sonic a new brief grinding ability.

Introduce more flashy bullshit like those rocket rings in Death Egg Zone with the really annoying sound to them. Sonic is best when you jump him into something and it fires you off on some absurd stylish rollercoaster.

Make Robotnik not the bad guy but have it be a new fat mastermind. Near the end you find Robotnik being held prisoner and release him only to have him immediately betray you and jump into a giant robot. It turns out the new guy was Robotnik's cousin.

More elaborate cutscenes + story, like all the Knuckles stuff.

Introduce a new collectible class of gems hidden in each zone that must be collected along with chaos emeralds to get the complete ending.

Don't add any stupid shit to Sonic besides what he already has, like guns or new powerups or a levelling system or anything. Even the powerup abilities he gained with the new shields in 3 + Knuckles was pushing it and making him overpowered desu.

Longer level design with more room for stuff like in Chemical Plant when you go so fast he manages to fly off the screen for a second.

Maybe a zone set on the side of a volcano.
>>
>>3188480

I realise this is probably the most autistic sounding post I have ever made on this website but idc its sonic nigga
>>
Go in a serious new direction and explore Sonic's failed relationship with his father and his grief at the death of his parents which has caused him to spiral into alcoholism.
>>
A Genesis Sonic rehash BUT with character creation. For Sega Saturn and in good ol' 2D.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.