[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Link's Awakening
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 9
File: image.jpg (124 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
124 KB, 640x640
What the fuck is this? I can't even find the sword.
>>
File: 18p41kro3zt0yjpg.jpg (20 KB, 636x358) Image search: [Google]
18p41kro3zt0yjpg.jpg
20 KB, 636x358
>>3182149
>>
its ok OP i usually get lost trying to find the wind fish for the first time and give up

i've tried to play that game like 50 times and i always drop it after you help the chain chomp.
>>
it's right over there
no you idiot not there
go south
more souther
and then to the right
>>
File: 1389404010780.jpg (303 KB, 1608x1796) Image search: [Google]
1389404010780.jpg
303 KB, 1608x1796
>>3182159
>>
heads up breh, this game is fun but if you aren't using a guide you are going to be confused multiple times

that's how old school zelda games work
>>
>>3182227
Proper usage of the phone houses found throughout the game helps a lot. But yeah, for this one I would honestly just recommend using a guide if you don't like wandering around for long periods of time.
>>
>>3182207
>>3182227
>>3182364
What are you guys talking about?
I beat this game as a kid and I never had any problem navigating the map.
Hell, I could barely even speak english back then (it's not my native language).
>>
File: 1448611762364.gif (1017 KB, 240x221) Image search: [Google]
1448611762364.gif
1017 KB, 240x221
>>3182409

ive had this game since I was a kid and seriously always get lost anon, which is funny because I had no problems with Alttp and the oracle games

I mean, its still on my bucket list, but basically shortly after you're done with the chomp(dog), have your sword, get the magic powder, have to go through the swamp I just get fucking lost. I don't really have any good excuse, I just get lost and don't know what the fuck to do and am too stubborn to look up a guide.

I'll beat it eventually, its "the game that got away" so to speak.
>>
>>3182159
>>3182225
>>
>>3182469
>I just get lost and don't know what the fuck to do
Explore.
Link's Awakening was my first Zelda game, and it took me a year or two to get past the first level because I didn't understand how the puzzles worked, so I didn't know to push a block to the right to unlock a door to get to Roc's Feather.

And once you beat the Bottle Grotto, you have the Power Bracelet, so you can pick up the rocks at the east side of the village and exit onto the prairie.
>>
>>3182505

>explore
>seriously implying I haven't

I'm pretty sure over the years I've clocked in more than 50+ hours just trying to figure out where to go and what to do at the part I'm at. I'm not saying its the games fault or anything I love Zelda, hell, I love the "eureka!" moments in games like these. My favorite games are games like Metroid and Super Metroid, but I don't know anon, I just don't know what to fucking do in Link's Awakening.

It's what it is and like I said, I'll beat it eventually. Too stubborn to look up a guide, but I'll beat this fucking game someday.
>>
>>3182512
you take the chain chomp to the dumb entrance to level 2 so he can eat the flowers in front of it. it's in the swamp
>>
>>3182516

yeah I said after you were done with that. I get done with that part.

It's what comes after where I'm lost. I'm not asking for help, but I appreciate it.
>>
>>3182518
After level 2 is the part of the game where you're provided with the least instructions. Mainly because the owl doesn't tell you where to go for once. Anyway, the thing to do is use the telephone to get a hint where to head next and it will work out.
>>
File: alttp review.jpg (140 KB, 600x699) Image search: [Google]
alttp review.jpg
140 KB, 600x699
>>
>>3182571
That has to be bait. Please tell me that's bait.
>>
>>3182608
It's actually called a joke, you may have heard of those.
>>
>>3182636
Oh, of course. Reddit has those things, right?
>>
>>3182149
>he can't even find the sword

>>3182227
I only had to resort to using a guide once when I got stuck. It's pretty easy to figure out for the most part.
>>
>>3182608
>>3182639
wow, you sure are stupid
>>
File: 1161274442691.jpg (98 KB, 380x247) Image search: [Google]
1161274442691.jpg
98 KB, 380x247
>>3182505
>so I didn't know to push a block to the right to unlock a door to get to Roc's Feather.
I thought I was the only one. Finally decided one day to call the nintendo helpdesk when my parents weren't home. Dude couldn't believe I was stuck at that point...
>>
I was stuck in level 2 for ages because of that room where you had to kill the enemies in a certain order to get the nightmare key. Still managed to get like 6 hearts though so it was k
>>
>>3182149
How hard is Zelda not so U gonna suck?
>>
>>3182962
I got stuck there as well. I didn't use Internet guides in 2000 when I played LA. I also remember getting stuck in the dungeon with the dropping rocks to different floors and the Flame rod?dungeon think it was the last one for a few months.
>>
>>3182149
There are no swords in Zelda. Go play LoZ, you don't get a sword there, either. You start without any kit, then get your first weapon in the first dungeon.

Tricky start to the game, desu.
>>
i enjoyed alttp so much and then went for la and it failed to grab me... by far. why is it so loved? maybe if you played it as a kid yeah, nostalgia oblige, but in itself i dont see the big deal.
>>
>>3183219
>why is it so loved?
Lack of filler. The map is full of cool stuff and every screen has a purpose. As the Antoine de Saint-Exupéry quote says, "It seems that perfection is attained not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing more to remove.". This is partly why the DX version is inferior.
>>
File: Big Bait.jpg (27 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Big Bait.jpg
27 KB, 500x500
>>
>>3182962
In the french version, owl says domthing like "rabbit first, specter last"
>>
>>3182962
"First, defeat the imprisoned Pols Voice, Last, Stalfos..."

There are 3 enemies. Only one is imprisoned, so that must be the Pols Voice. And a bat probably isn't a Stalfos. Easy.
>>
>>3183058
I've never seen that bait before.
You make that yourself?
>>
>>3182505
>And once you beat the Bottle Grotto, you have the Power Bracelet, so you can pick up the rocks at the east side of the village and exit onto the prairie.
Christ, I can't imagine being so fucking stupid I need this explained to me.

>what does this new item let me do? pick up and remove rocks
>what were those obstacles i kept encountering that wouldn't let me pass to curious looking places, tantalisingly out of reach and would even drop a fucking brick sized hint every time I went near one before getting the bracelet? rocks
>what shall i do now? totally don't revisit said rocks in the hope of gaining fresh access to previously inaccessible areas

It's like they've never played a single Zelda or Metroid game.
>>
>>3184038
Millennials are spoiled because their games practically hold their hand all the way through it. I'm serious, I watch my sibs play some of these games and it pretty much tells you everything you need to do step by step and automatically saves for you. No wonder they can't figure out Nintendo games.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (92 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
92 KB, 1280x720
Its dangerous to go alone take this.
>>
>>3185260
I was watching a friend play The Order on ps4 and the begining of the game literally literally tells you what buttons to press. "Press x. Now turn the left stick. Now tap square." It was absurd. He told me that the game proper is a good shooter, but the intro was painful to watch.

Anyway, I find that I don't need guides as much as I did when I was a kid, but I don't see how kids are going to learn to experiment in games if they expect such explicit hand-holding.
>>
>>3183260
That's a goddamn anchor.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.