[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Populous
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: 3.png (1 MB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
3.png
1 MB, 1024x768
Anybody else play any of the Populous games? I was obsessed with The Beginning as a kid. I'm re-visiting it now, I forgot how fun it was.
>>
>>3181735
Man, I remember playing this when I was like 12. I had a Sim City 3000 CD and there was a Populous demo in it. It was so fun. I loved the lava spell.
Never played more than those three demo levels, though, but I watched some youtuber play the rest many months ago. I should install it.
>>
The Game Boy versions worth it?
>>
I play the SNES version a few times every year, it's a fun play every now and then. I usually get drunk while playing it and get weird. That happens with almost all sim games for me though.
>>
>>3183947
there's no game boy version
>>
File: IMG_2599.jpg (62 KB, 618x960) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2599.jpg
62 KB, 618x960
I've never played it, but it looks like a cozy game.
>>
>>3184517

it is kind of anti cozy actually, you build your town and plan everything out and then an enemy shaman sneaks in and lays down a few tornados and a earthquake and fucks up your land
>>
File: telvannitower.jpg (571 KB, 1600x2398) Image search: [Google]
telvannitower.jpg
571 KB, 1600x2398
>>3184617
Is there some way some way to counter this? Or at least get revenge?

Also, the houses remind me of the Telvanni settlements. This is probably the reason the game looks so comfy to me.
>>
>>3184638
>Or at least get revenge?
You can always just walk to their base and lay down a few tornados and an earthquake and fuck up their land.
>>
>>3184638
>Is there some way some way to counter this?
Lightning bolt will kill a shaman in a single strike and it has very good range. Do her before she does you.
>>
File: Beavis_and_Butt_Head_Do_America.jpg (109 KB, 1110x624) Image search: [Google]
Beavis_and_Butt_Head_Do_America.jpg
109 KB, 1110x624
>>3184909
>Do her before she does you.
Woah. Cool!
>>
>>3181735
That shaman was good fap material back in the day. Gonna have to replay it now.
>>
>>3184056
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRWXyKgKRD8
>>
popre.net if you want to play multiplayer. Community is active.
>>
>>3184638
The swamp spell is enough to stop most attacks. you just need to be watching
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.