[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What did you think of Ninja Gaiden
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 6
File: Girl go Home.png (142 KB, 4096x3840) Image search: [Google]
Girl go Home.png
142 KB, 4096x3840
What did you think of Ninja Gaiden
>>
One of the best games ever made.. the first one at least on the NES
>>
>>3181558
>>
>>3181558
You're gonna hate me, but I only liked the first 3D Ninja Gaiden on Xbox. The NES games just felt like generic platformers of the time.
>>
>>3181578
I always felt those 3D ones just feel like generic hack 'n slash games. No real strategy besides just hacking your way through enemies without the platforming. The ones on NES have a lot more challenge to them and thus more fun to play

Just my opinion tho
>>
>>3181606
>generic hack 'n slashers
Name five other good 3D hack 'n slash games from that era.
>>
>>3181612
Devil May Cry, for one.
>>
>>3181558
played NG1 for the first time this year. I thought it was amazing. Couldn't beat it though
>>
>>3181558
Ninja GAYden
>>
>>3181558
Best game on the NES, because it strongly rewards aggressive play. Far too many platform games (Megaman series is particularly bad) reward boring play, encouraging you to be slow and cautious. NG1 wants you to play fast.

I used continues to complete it, maybe I'll go back and get the 1CC.
>>
>>3181612

Devil May Cry, God of War, Demon Chaos, Darksiders and Bayonetta.
>>
>>3181651
DMC didn't get really good until 3, the rest of those all came out years after Ninja Gaiden, so calling it as generic as the NES platformers in a sea of platformers is retarded.
>>
>>3181558
Overrated.

People keep talking about how difficult it is, but you get unlimited continues, so it's not really difficult at all. It's the retro equivalent of modern checkpoints.

Also, the story doesn't make any sense. The cutscenes themselves were ahead of their time.

Shinobi series is the far better ninja series IMO.
>>
>>3181664
>3-D action games were terrible name five!
>Someone names five great ones.
>Starts talking about an argument nobody made...
>>
>>3181740
You called them generic hack 'n slashers. How can something be generic when it was one of the earliest examples of the character action genre?
>>
>>3181578
>>3181606
>>3181612
>>3181624
>>3181651
>>3181664
>>3181740
>>3181751
not retro >>>/v/

>>3181728
well don't use continues then

do you think shinobi is too easy when you lower the difficulty and set lives + shurikens to the max?
>>
Awesome game, wish I could beat it but the last 3 stages are unreasonably hard. I have nothing against challenges, not even unfair ones but being thrown back to stage 1 every time is one dick punch too much for me.
>>
>>3181728
The ending is really stupid. Didn't that cunt try to kill Ryu? Why is he going to fall in love with her?
>>
>>3181558
too hard
didn't feel rewarding to memorize a level and do awesome ninja jumps
>>
>>3181558
I enjoy it and still play it from time to time. I actually enjoy the Pc Engine version slightly more. It is over exaggerated how hard it is though.
>>
Great game but I've never beaten it because being thrown back so far if you lose near the end is a bummer
>>
>>3182324
>bummer
hey Pauly Shore is it 1991 already? wheezin the juice major soakage
>>
>>3181558

NG1 is tied with Battletoads and Super Metroid for my favorite game of all time
>>
Es la pura verga
>>
Love em to death. NG3 is my personal favorite.
>>
>>3181558
More like ninja GAY-den.

#rekt
>>
>>3181573
>>>/pol/
>>
>>3181558
Arcade game, or the NES game?

Arcade: fuck yeah. ninja fighting, wall flips, holy fuck did I just jump over that guy grab his neck and throw him?

NES: wtf? this isn't the arcade game.
>>
>>3181558
Too hard for me.
>>
>>3181558
Poor man's Shinobi.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IiVhLpQtQcI
>>
I think it's a game for Nintendo Entertainment System, why?
>>
>>3181763
>Don't use continues.
Just an artificial way to increase the difficulty. The difficulty of the game is overrated. You could artificially make any game more difficult by adding constraints to your play.

>Do you think Shinobi is easy when set to easy mode.

My point was that Shinobi is the better series. Which IMO it is. It blows Ninja Gaiden out of the water in music, graphics, gameplay, story. To answer your question I think it's still harder than Ninja Gaiden because the continues are limited.
>>
>>3182205
Yes, she literally shot him and the next time he sees her he they before boyfriend/girlfriend.

Story was retarded as hell.
>>
>>3184701
All videogame difficulty is artificial, Tim. It's not a naturally occurring phenomena.
>>
>>3181558
played it last year. I didn't beat it but I came pretty close (level 6 or 7 I think) Excellent game. Fast responsive controls, bitchin soundtrack, pretty impressive cutscenes for the time. Honestly it might be my favorite NES game ever.
>>
>>3184524
That looks like some casual shit and that music is gay as fuck
>>
>>3181558
i thought it was fun but super easy till the last stage.
>>
>>3184708
>"he sees her he they before"
>calls something retarded
The irony is legendary.
>>
Found a guy on OfferUp selling Ninja Gaiden ii for $12. Offered $10 but $12 still sounds like a good deal.
>>
>>3185406
Scratch that, he's selling it to me for my requested $10 offer. Feels good.
>>
>>3181631
>NG1
You mean NG2
>>
File: 1386412992986.gif (4 KB, 256x196) Image search: [Google]
1386412992986.gif
4 KB, 256x196
>>3181643
>Best game on the NES, because it strongly rewards aggressive play. Far too many platform games (Megaman series is particularly bad) reward boring play, encouraging you to be slow and cautious. NG1 wants you to play fast.
this. This is what made me play the sequels too. I liked how momentum is an important aspect.
>>
>>3181563
I like the second one more.
>>
>>3181578
Underage detected.
>>
Master System or NES? The Master System version is great, the NES version is alright, but not as good. The arcade game sucks.
>>
>>3181651
>God of War
>good
Fucking LEL
>square, square, square,square
Shit was garbage thumb candy for retards.
>>
>>3184701
>Just an artificial way to increase the difficulty.
"Don't continue" is a pretty natural challenge, it's not like I'm telling you do a no-weapon run or play one-handed

>My point was that Shinobi is the better series.
yeah but that's only because Shinobi is truly the shit

Whether or not it's harder depends on the game/settings

>>3185202
You are casual and gay
>>
>>3185720
>Master system
>>>/lgbt/
>>
File: kachocompscreen.png (54 KB, 387x320) Image search: [Google]
kachocompscreen.png
54 KB, 387x320
>>3185720
> The arcade game is hard as fuck and mommy wouldn't give me enough quarters to beat it.
FTFY
>>
>>3185782
Thats my point. Those 3D NG games seemed like those shitty hack n slash shit compared to the NES version
>>
All three of them are awesome, one is the best. Castlevania, Ninja Gaiden and Shatterhand are sweet as hell.
>>
>>3181558
Pretty good
>>
>>3186059
Hi, James. How is your crappy Nintendo shit treating your faggot self?
>>3187057
Quarter of what?
>>
>>3185406
>>3185435
got my copy today
pretty damn good
>>
>>3181558
Really fun until the last stage. The ridiculous enemy respawning coupled with the fact that the last boss sends you back to the start of the level (not even the checkpoint) if you lose to him once no matter how many lives you have left make the last stage really, really tedious.
>>
File: CGkhox3VIAAsdMY.jpg orig.jpg (230 KB, 799x1024) Image search: [Google]
CGkhox3VIAAsdMY.jpg orig.jpg
230 KB, 799x1024
>>3187764
He's saying that only credit feeders bitch about the Ninja Gaiden arcade game.
>>
>>3187797
Then she's wrong.
>>
>>3187071
3d ninja gaiden is light years beyond god of war et al

>>3187057
it seriously is obscenely hard and the final boss is a jew
>>
It's fun as fuck to 1cc once you've got the game down and it has a bitchin' soundtrack. Difficulty is a bit overhyped but the final gauntlet of 6-2 plus the boss rush is a real challenge.
>>
>>3181558
Raised me through elementary school. Still holds as a badass game to this day, not for the weak
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.