[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
About Flashcarts
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: NES-360x300.jpg (20 KB, 360x300) Image search: [Google]
NES-360x300.jpg
20 KB, 360x300
I am told that some flash carts have save state features.

How does this work technically?

What buttons do you have to press to activate it?

If I feel uncomfortable with the inauthenticity of this feature is it possible to disable it by solder/desoldering something on the PCB?
>>
>>3181374
Instead of disabling it you could just...not use it.
>>
>>3181381
if the save state device were to fall into the wrong hands the consequences would be disastrous beyond calculation

it must be destroyed
>>
>>3181374
Just go into the flash cart settings and disable save states.
>>
>>3181374
>solder/desoldering

If anything it would be a software thing you numbnuts.

So talk to Krikzz on his forum about how save stating triggers your ptsd and you'd like an OS without the save state option.
>>
>>3181381
If you have the ability to use save states then it invalidates all your gameplay and achievements.

I saw it on the AVGN and Bootsy agreed so it's true. Of course flashcarts don't exist according to them either...only original cartridges are Real Hardware, not the NES or Famicom.
>>
>>3181374
It's disabled until you learn what buttons you have to press to activate it you autistic fuck.
>>
File: 1450924602317.gif (2 MB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
1450924602317.gif
2 MB, 200x150
>>3181954
>I saw it on the AVGN and Bootsy agreed so it's true
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.