[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have only one save and he keeps one shotting me with his summons,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 7
File: fft4-spot2.jpg (103 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
fft4-spot2.jpg
103 KB, 800x600
I have only one save and he keeps one shotting me with his summons, am I better off restarting the game? Close I can get is kill two of his minions with lighting sword
>>
>>3177492
You should have learned to keep back up saves
>>
>>3177516
I though I didn't need it, I didn't need it for 6,7 or 9 or even Chrono Trigger for that matter
>>
>using Agrias
>not using based Mustadio
>not using oracles with life drain to melt the boss

It's like you don't even want to slay demons
>>
OP if you can survive against weigraf long enough, use yell and get nearly double or triple the moves he can do, then you should be fine.

Otherwise forget the minions and just focus on Velius and hope you can kill him before he kills you.
>>
>>3177492
It's been awhile since I've played this, but if you're starting off vs wiegraf in his human form, then you can cheese the fight by spamming speed ups till you cap at 50(or close to it), then spam attack up and you can one shot both forms. It's cheesy, and takes a long time, but it works.

Also, good luck vs the assassins a bit later, you poor soul.
>>
>>3177530
>I though I didn't need it, I didn't need it for 6,7 or 9 or even Chrono Trigger for that matter

wow it's almost like those games are wildly different

this isn't even the first point of no return in the game
>>
>>3177492
happened to me as well. I have never finished fft.
>>
>>3177492
Quit being a bitch and post your setups and someone will be able to help you beat wiegraf ya fucking faggy.
>>
>>3177629
It's the most basic setup ever

>Ramza is a knight, I switched to squire to increase to the speed and added sprint boots so I can attack first
>Agrias, got all her moveset
>Lancer
>Ninja
>Summoner, the strongest summon I got is Lich

I'm better off restarting the game
>>
>>3177680

If you have Squire with Yell unlocked just abuse yell until you can literally quadra-turn Wiegraf then start running around spamming accumulate or continue yelling until you get max speed, then wait for wiegraf to take his turn, oneshot him, then oneshot velius with your insanely fast and strong ramza.
>>
>>3177687
Yeah I do, I'll probably try that out thanks
>>
>>3177680
yell at yourself for like 10 minutes and then murderate wiegraf
>>
>>3177687
>>3177693
OP here, the yelling trick fucking worked I thought I had to restart the game, really appreciated for the help, just a heads up, to make my life easier what level I need to be on atleast for the end boss to be less frustrating?
>>
>>3178987

Don't worry about that, just make a separate save before you go into an important story fight, especially if it gives you a warning about it being a point of no return.
>>
>>3177492
You done goofed. Restart the game. Don't use your main file to save when it gives you the option between long fights.
>>
>>3178987
>level
It's not about that, it's about your setup. Give your Ninja Martial Arts and make sure he has high Brave (a Mediator can increase this)

Give your Summoner Move-MP up and a good secondary spell set (anything but Black Magic) - you could just make him a Calculator to win the game immediately

Give your Lancer Two Hands (Samurai skill) and rape everything

Make Agrias a Knight (better attack power growth than Holy Knight) and learn Attack UP from Geomancer, this will increase her Holy Sword damage
>>
>>3177569
Goddamn those fucking assassins and getting petrified.
>>
>>3178987
End boss is only level 40ish iirc. Only non-story battles scale to your level(random fights) and any fight is more about having a good setup. Monks are really good, especially early game, casters are meh, archers are decent and ninjas are good, but are required for their dual-wield talent. And here's where some may disagree with me, but auto-potion really breaks the game; keep a stack of the best potions available and so long as you aren't super over-leveled, then nothing will be able to kill you.
Speed on gear and + attack are good. Don't forget to upgrade your stuff every now and then.

Also, a lot of people miss this so thought I'd explain:
Brave does a few things, first, whatever brave a character has is its chance to use its reaction ability, eg; your brave is 80, that's an 80% chance to use your reaction ability(counter, auto-potion, etc.). Second, it increases both barehanded and knightsword damage.

Faith is similar, it directly affects how powerful your spells are and how much spells affect you.
>>
>>3177530
>even Chrono Trigger
>even

It's the easiest fucking game in your list retard, learn how to use the English language.

And those are all JRPGs while Tactics is an SRPG. Fucking kill yourself.
>>
>>3178987
You just passed the hardest part of Final Fantasy Tactics. The final boss is a joke.
>>
You gotta hand it to the power of evil though, guys.

It's actually pretty powerful, turns out.
>>
>>3177492
My friend, always keep a back up save. At the very least, alternate between two different slots, so that you always have at least two points to choose from in case shit gets fucky!
>>
>>3180547
kek'd hard
>>
>>
File: 20120817d.jpg (24 KB, 370x243) Image search: [Google]
20120817d.jpg
24 KB, 370x243
>that's a nice run you got, would be a shame if you died since you didn't save for two hours
>>
>>3177680
It takes one successful cast of Lich to kill most of the Lucavi. Use MagicAttackUp and as much MA gear as you can. The 108 gems accessory also gives you a 25% boost to Dark elemental damage. Otherwise, use Agrias' Holy Sword skills to do steady damage to the boss, sacrifice your Ninja the first round for some easy damage. And try to keep your team as far away from each other as possible to avoid group damage from Titan.
>>
>>3180167

You sound like a really pleasant person in real life.
>>
File: Fuck this place.jpg (26 KB, 533x317) Image search: [Google]
Fuck this place.jpg
26 KB, 533x317
>>3177492
Try to avoid this map late game or at high lvl.
>>
>>3183846
The brutal random battles were one of my favorite things to find in the game.
>>
File: 1454524904319.jpg (303 KB, 1366x1024) Image search: [Google]
1454524904319.jpg
303 KB, 1366x1024
>>3183860

Me too honestly, but for someone's first playthrough I'd say it is highly advisable to save before you hit that particular tile on the world map.
>>
>>3183839
Is OK anon I am nice guy and will be friend you, forget him
>>
>>3183875
I consider myself excellent at the game and can usually never die regardless of my self handicapping, but just out of pure habit I save heavily on the map before certain locations.
>>
>>3184004

I don't get how yu couldn't save after every battle.

Basically if you have even 2 guys with item and Phoenix Down and X-potion and the rest with auto-potion you basically can't die. Item secondary is fucking insane.
>>
>>3180201
I always found the roof fight on Riovanes to be harder.

START
Assassin Goes First
100% hit chance Insta-Kill Rafa

GAME OVER
>>
>>3184024
I've played for hours without saving many times. I just know I won't die, but I've also beat the game 6+ times. I'm also The guy who's always jizzing himself over the game on here.
>>
File: MONKS.jpg (42 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
MONKS.jpg
42 KB, 640x480
>>
>>3177492
It's just the hardest fight in the whole game due to how you start the fight, it's not your fault mang.. er there are like three solid strategies but they all function the same.. pretty much you could set up to a way that you can always heal back up whenever he smacks the living crap out of you. Once you you get past it though having the posse coming through to help should be the easiest part at that point.
>>
>>3184186
The fuck?
>>
>>3184186
That's by far my favorite random battle. Gave me the idea to do an all monk run.
>>
>>3185563
prepare your anus
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5w5sOADBMN0
>>
>>3180167
Why are you so upset over this? Relax retro-nigger.
>>
>>3185570
What was the warning at the end of the fight? Were their brave levels too low?
>>
>>3185593
yes and faith too high also. jesus freaks will leave your party.
>>
>>3185598
I've had that happen trying to get my caster's faith up. Accidentally got to 100 and fucked up a fair amount of grinding.
>>
>>3177680
First swap agrias to a geomancer and never change her back, then slap all the phy up equipment you got. this makes her much faster, and do substantially more damage plus geo is a good utility ability.

Second as every one else said during phase 1 just keep on yelling and accumulating as much as possible, also if possible give ramaza the monk unarmed ability since he will most likely punch harder than whatever weapons you have at this point, especially if your accumulating.

Finally you have to drop either your lancer or your ninja for a healer, lancer being prefered here. For a healer just run mustado as a chemist after you get his aim skills and you'll be golden. also grab quick charge for your summoner
>>
File: unkil josseh.jpg (55 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
unkil josseh.jpg
55 KB, 600x400
This is how I did it back in the day.
>Lancer
If you jump Weigraf will move to the back of the room. Giving you a chance to move away and "Yell"
>HP Restore
The Lightning Stab will do 140 if I remember correctly. With all that armor you should be able to take 2 then trigger HP restore.

So you basically rinse and repeat that. Jump/Yell/HP restore. The HP restore does not always trigger, so some luck is needed. But even then, you can still JUMP, and Wiggy will move to the end of the room. I remember Yelling/Accumulating to where I went 1st after felling wiggy. And also 2nd and 3rd. You can 1 shot the fucker if you buff enough. (I think i did)
>>
>>3186114
Oh yea. Use the Martial Arts ability. Your punches will be better with your strength that high.
>>
>>3178987
>OP here, the yelling trick fucking worked I thought I had to restart the game, really appreciated for the help, just a heads up, to make my life easier what level I need to be on atleast for the end boss to be less frustrating?
The end boss is not anywhere near as frustrating as against Wiegraf. No other fight in the game is.

Moreover, what level you are doesn't really factor into it. You'll be strong enough to beat the final boss just by virtue of playing up to that point.
>>
Is there a way to beat this without grinding(which inevitably breaks the game) or cheesy set ups?
>>
>>3186397
yes. very yes. it's possible to beat this game with almost *any* set up.

Some players have even come up with a "single class" challenge, where you get your squad all the same class (grinding early to get there if necessary) and go through the whole game with only that class. I watched a guy stream his run of all-geomancer, was pretty interesting to see all the strategy that went into it.
>>
>>3186397
>Is there a way to beat this without grinding(which inevitably breaks the game) or cheesy set ups?
Entirely. I think it's possible for Ramza to solo any fight as any job.

Basically, the better you understand the mechanics, the more you can do with weaker set ups.

And grinding is less necessary than you'd think.
>>
>>3180167

fuck off
>>
>>3177569
>good luck vs the assassins
>objective: shithead must survive
>assassin has the only unblockable 100% chance instant kill ability that appears in game
>shithead starts in enemy range
>ENEMY TEAM GOES FIRST
Enjoy reloading THAT save until RNGsus smiles on you.
>>
>>3186973
Rafa is actually flagged to be immune to a bunch of status on that mission, which includes Instant Death (she also can't be Petrified but I believe Seal was bugged in Vanilla and won't be used by the AI).

And really, just strip one of your characters naked to act as bait.
>>
Why we're all you guys giving him shit/telling him to restart? Lol. We all know just to use Yell. Makes it one of the easiest fights in the game.

Congrats op.
>>
>>3186973
>>3188252
Yeah, Rafa can't be Stop-Bracelet'd afaik.

She can be easily killed by the Assassin that's dual wielding Katana's though.
>>
>>3188293
Rafa is also quite capable of criting sephiroth or one of the assassins ending the fight on her turn.

Probably the funniest thing i've ever seen in FFT other than orlan slapping the boss of that mission off the roof with a crit book rather than timestopping like he usually does
>>
>>3188252
>>3188293

in the remake possibly but in the ps1 she is NOT immune to stop bracelet, it also only has 1 vertical tolerance the ai might try to put her somewhere she can't be hit by it but then they just attack her and kill her that way.
>>
>the fucking fake execution where you fight gafgarion

That was a mean map.
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.