[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you guys knows of any checkers game for the NES,SNES of even
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4
File: 23864004_BG1.jpg (19 KB, 400x226) Image search: [Google]
23864004_BG1.jpg
19 KB, 400x226
Do you guys knows of any checkers game for the NES,SNES of even Master System?
>>
>>3176993
>playing checkers
What's wrong, too retarded to man up and learn Chess?
>>
>>3177010
I already have Chessmasters on NES
>>
>>3177010
>playing chess
What's wrong, too retarded to man up and learn Go?
>>
>>3177043
>playing go
What's wrong, too retarded to man up and learn Candy Land?
>>
>>3177079
>playing candy land
What's wrong, too retarded to man up and learn tiddlywinks?
>>
>>3177254
>playing tiddlywinks
What's wrong, too retarded to man up and play Parcheesi
>>
>>3177505
>playing parcheesi
What's wrong, too retarded to man up and play Hungry Hungry Hippos?
>>
File: 14_fc_fuji2.jpg (17 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
14_fc_fuji2.jpg
17 KB, 320x240
>>3176993
There's an unlicensed Famicom game with checkers on it.
http://magweasel.com/2010/06/28/fujiya-thinking-games-v1-0/

C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER
>>
There is a game called "4-in-1 Fun Pak" for the Game Boy that includes checkers.

I saw it at Goodwill somewhat recently and didn't buy it. They got tons of shit games like that at Goodwill. It's finding a GOOD game that is the hard part.
>>
>>3177520
What's wrong, too childish to grow up and read literature instead?
>>
>>3177520
What's wrong, too retarded to man up and play with your food?
>>
>>3179489
>What's wrong, too retarded to man up and play with your yourself?
>>
>>3177573
Y'know, this seems like a hack of Othello, in a way.
>>
Why the fuck would you want to play something like checkers or chess on a console? Unless the game comes with exceptionally cool animations, it seems like a waste of time.
>>
>>3179602
First off, OP never said he wanted to play on a console. On neo /v/ odds are he's emulating.
Second, I can think of several reasons someone would want to play on a console. You must have a pretty bad imagination if you can't.
>>
File: terraplay.jpg (516 KB, 1024x637) Image search: [Google]
terraplay.jpg
516 KB, 1024x637
We've got real board games over on /tg/.
>>
>>3179808
No I can't, other than some autistic obsession with "doing things retro" or collection purposes. You realise you can just play checkers against a human opponent or AI more advanced than anything on an 8 bit console right now don't you? Or even better, play with someone in person who you can have verbal exchanges with instead of staring at a fucking screen by yourself?
>>
>>3179859
This, not saying that virtual board games are bad, but I'd rather play checkers, chess, backgammon, etc. on a number of things over playing on something like an atari or an NES.

At the very least I can understand a portable version, those are handy since they go where board games don't. Nintendo's clubhouse games was a good collection for this purpose.
>>
>>3179859
um... I like the very odd game against chessmaster on the SNES (the exact same game is on the nes but with worse graphics lol). It plays in a funny way, sometimes I win and sometimes I lose. It'll punish mistakes really, really badly though, like any good AI. I'm talking about having to play absolutely perfect. But the cool thing is that it doesn't have the strategy of the human, so it'll let you do things that it doesn't seem a calculation problem with and then you'll win. It's at JUST the right level for me anyway. I very rarely play it, but... I'll play it again in my life, which is more than you can say for lots of games.
>>
>>3179859
>You realise
Catch phrase for babies who can't think outside their toy box. I think PALfags brains just run slower or something.
You can't play checkers against a person or a better AI if all you have is a NES or something that only runs NES games. This could easily happen in lots of situations. But nothing your little edgelord mind could imagine. Ironically you're probably just projecting and haven't played with another human in ages.
>>
File: more self-awareness than you.jpg (124 KB, 509x382) Image search: [Google]
more self-awareness than you.jpg
124 KB, 509x382
>>3180056
>writes like a 15 year old high on his own farts
>calls other people projecting edgelords
>>
>>3177907
>reading literature
What's wrong, too childish to go outside?
>>
>>3180056
Holy fuck you are a special kind of retard. Who the fuck in this day and age is strictly limited to a NES as their only electronic device? Even most third world countries have widespread mobile phone ownership. As long as you have internet access you can play checkers from a large variety of sources, most of which are many times better than anything you can buy for NES. But even in that rare special case that you somehow only have access to a NES, it would be far easier to just use an actual fucking board and play with real people than waste time and money on an outdated computer program.
>>
>>3176993
one could be written for any of those consoles easily, sans sound and ai
>>
the DOS one with crystal and bubble is so good
>>
So I guess one same fagging piece of shit has taken it upon himself to troll the most benign, non controversial topic in the catalog ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
>>
>>3180758
>some people have a different opinion to me so they must be a single, samefagging troll

This kind of delusion isn't healthy. You just have to learn to accept that some people aren't as into the idea of basic digital boardgames as others.
>>
>>3176993
What's wrong? Too retarded to man up and play draughts?
>>
>>3180145
Your age is showing. You don't get teh intarwebz on any flight your parents can afford. And carrying around a checkers board asking strangers to play is just creepy. It's clear your parents didn't educate you well but surely they taught you not to talk to strangers?
>>
>>3182171
Wait, when did we start talking about flights?
>>
>>3182202
Way back when you said there was no reason to play checkers and I said there was. That's one of several. Want to continue to show off your stupidity or give up on your failed edgelord argument?
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.