[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
E.V.O. Search for Eden
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: thumb-1909-1.jpg (14 KB, 300x222) Image search: [Google]
thumb-1909-1.jpg
14 KB, 300x222
The controls are kinda stiff, the animations are ok at best for the time. The constant grinding is actually good in my opinion. The bosses in the game are a challenge only because of the stiff controls. The music is pretty much all the same and repetitive. It is a great game even with it's flaws. I don't think it is a 250 dollar game I do think more people should play it.
>>
>>3171694
Emulated it on a whim like 14 years ago, it was fun, but the flying bee bosses (was there more than one?) were too hard.
>>
>>3171696
The bees have a pattern. Once you know the pattern they are a push overs.
>>
I agree with you. I would pay 50$ max for this game.

It is a fun game though and deserves a playthrough by all gamers.

I give it a 4 out of 5
>>
It's a fun game and the evolution gimmick is great fun. Is it perfect? Of course not, but what's wrong with that?

People shit on this game because they see the 250$ price tag and get insane expectations when it's really only priced that high because it's not a common game.
>>
>>3171696
Unless you're under leveled or just not trying the only boss that's really hard is the yeti mom.
>>
I disliked the grinding, but the music was the chillest shit I've heard in a SNES. Never beat it though
>>
I have a copy, I got it at a flea market when I was like 12 and had no idea what it was. It's a great game, wish there were more like it.

The JPN version is waayyy cheaper if anybody wants a copy
>>
I beat it, but I wasn't too happy about it. There was simply too much grinding.
>>
>>3174083
If you pick the right places to grind it's not so bad. There are a few places where it's more farming than grinding.
>>
>>3171694
Had noidea this game was worth so much, I bought it like 5-6 years ago at the flea market for a few bucks.

I really enjoy this game and might sell my copy now and just play it on emulators.
>>
>>3175039
Same here. It was already le ebic obscure hidden gem but I bought it with two other games for $10. I almost wish I needed to money so I could sell it for a 75x profit. But I reckon if I hang on to it a few more years it will at least double in value.
>>
File: IMG_20160414_063232.jpg (463 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160414_063232.jpg
463 KB, 1080x1080
It's a great game. I luckily enough have it in the box with the inserts that matter. I was just here wondering what vr thought of it but I again think that it is worth a play through.
>>
File: 13e8747ebea6ff8f.jpg (10 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
13e8747ebea6ff8f.jpg
10 KB, 250x250
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDZenKEYAMI

>that dinosaur extinction sequence
>>
>>3175480
>not emulating
>giving money to faggots like this
>>
>>3177949

That was dark.

E.V.O always reminded me of this animated series called "Once upon a time" that was about humanity's history throughout the eras, but the first episode covered the beginning of life on Earth and had dinosaurs, it was my favorite.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRfO1_pweDE

At 9:00 they talk about the extinction of dinosaurs, 4 year old me couldn't stop crying the first time I saw that. I remember feeling genuinely sad and my parents didn't know what to tell me. I was like "this means dinosaurs will never come back?".

I think it was the first time I grasped the concept of how permanent death is.

I just wanted to have some dino friends.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.