[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is the PS1 the only console to have coloured discs?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2
File: PS1blackdisc.jpg (44 KB, 427x320) Image search: [Google]
PS1blackdisc.jpg
44 KB, 427x320
Did all other consoles just have shiny silver colour discs the same as music CDs?
>>
>>3164920
>shiny silver

That's... Fucking black.
>>
>>3164920
ps2 had blue dicks.
>>
>>3164927
Some. Some weren't colored.
>>
>>3164920
I think the only console that kind of didn't was the PS2 for its CD library which is what >>3164927 is referring. Then again it's not retro. Then again I'm also pretty ignorant.
>>
>>3164927
Early PS2 games that used CD instead of DVD were violet.
>>
>>3164927
>3 replies
>nobody catches that he said dicks instead of discs
>>
>>3164939
We noticed, we just didn't comment on it.
>>
>>3164940
Sure you did.
>>
>>3164925
OP was referring to other companies' game discs with that. The PS1 discs were clearly black (and early PS2 discs were blue before being replaced with the standard silver).
>>
>>3164943
Everyone noticed and back to /v/
>implying anyone on vr is immature enough to comment on it
XD BENIS :DDDDD
>>
>>3164927
So, PS2 is secretly Doctor Manhattan?
>>
>>3164920

to this day i believed the black discs were pirated ones, since cheaper blank media was purple or green... idk, damn i must have seen very few original ps1 games

gotta love consoles that were piratable still during their prime years, i felt like a 1st world kid.
>>
It's actually really dark blue.
>>
>>3165019
Sure you did.
>>
um excuse me, the proper term is african american
>>
>>3166087
I'd rather be called colored than "African" or "American".

- A black Brit
>>
>>3166098
Nigger
>>
>>3164943
>>3166058
autism
>>
>>3166098
To be fair, true blacks are more of a shade then a colour.
>>
File: images.jpg (6 KB, 185x273) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
6 KB, 185x273
>>3166087
This guy is an African American and he isn't black.
>>
>>3164943
>b-b-but i'm so special and cleaver i must be the only one who noticed it.
You're so underage you're the only one who said anything about it.
>>
>>3164920
to be fair, the reason why they did it was because early CD players couldn't read data from them
it was physical DRM
>>
>>3164920
For a brief while in Japan PS1 discs were all sorts of colors; it's just harder than fuck to find a pic of them now for some reason.

I liked it. It didn't interfere with the discs so I see no reason why they got rid of it
>>
>>>>3166241
My CDROM drive dated as back as 1993 and could read them, not to mention the various 80s players which could read the red book tracks without issue.
>>
>>3166241
Nada, they can be read just fine.
>>
>>3166121
And unlike most of these alleged "African Americans" Raiden is actually a native-born Liberian who emigrated to America.

Funfact; in Liberia, white people cannot be citizens.
>>
>>3166232
>cleaver
le i must have been the only person to notice this BLUNDER XD
>>
>>3164925

Learn how to read a sentence you fucking retard.
>>
>>3166232
>you're the only one who said anything about it.

see
>>3165040
>>
>>3166249
Like what games?
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.