[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it possible at all to complete Front Mission 3 via emulation?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2
File: top-100-rpgs_front-mission-3.jpg (59 KB, 628x360) Image search: [Google]
top-100-rpgs_front-mission-3.jpg
59 KB, 628x360
Is it possible at all to complete Front Mission 3 via emulation?
My game keeps freezing at Shanghai

I heard there was a method through Retroarch, can someone explain how that works?
>>
>>3162504
I just did with ePSXe, no problems.
>>
>>3162586
Did you complete the entire game? No freezes or anything?
Do you mind saying what settings you had or what iso you used?
>>3162552
That's what I was told on /m/ and nothing more.
I don't know anything about RA shilling, I just want to play Front Mission 3
>>
>>3162649
Yep, entire game with pete's opengl2. Don't remember where I got my ISO from though, since I've had it downloaded for a long time.
>>
File: 1452877206577.jpg (18 KB, 400x399) Image search: [Google]
1452877206577.jpg
18 KB, 400x399
>>3162504
Can't speak for the emulation woes, but just ordered a copy of this today. Any tips on starting out, without spoiling too much of the fun? Like dangerous mistakes to watch out for that will bite my ass later in terms of difficulty?
>>
>>3162697
Protip: Don't ever play Front Mission 4.
>>
>>3162697
It really sucks. The tactical depth is rather low, the characters are insufferable, overall it's a blemish on a great franchise. Unlike other FM games there's no emphasis on team attacks or other factors.

You only field out like 5 characters per map, the best way to build your characters is to spam ROF-up, there's a large RNG factor where attacks have a chance of ejecting your pilot, etc.

Honestly, you should just skip this and start with Front Mission 4.
>>
>>3162732
I haven't played other FM games but I agree with this. The tactical depth is very shallow for a game where you only command 4 units max.
>>
>>3162726
>>3162732
>>3162737
Sounds like I fucked up. Any redeeming factors at all to look forward to?
>>
>>3162691
I don't get it. I've gone throw two different ISOs. My game didn't freeze at Rural Village or during combat.

I'm on ePSXe 2.01
But when I try to start the mission at Shanghai on Emma's route, I get an error and the emulator shuts off.

Nobody else seems to be having that problem, and all of the search results I look up go to CHECK THE FAQ FUCK YOU FOR NOT POSTING RIGHT

I'd like to finish this game, but I might just have to jump to FM5 if this keeps up
>>
>>3162504
Here's a tutorial I found for an easy RA set-up, hope it can help you, I haven't used it yet but I plan on getting it working on this PC when I stop being lazy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oeozvnb_-eI
>>
>>3162759
Have you tried other emulators? I've beaten the game with pSX (psxfin?), although it occasionally froze during battle sequences (especially if I was fast forwarding). Maybe you should try beating the mission with pSX and then hop back to using ePSXe.
>>
>>3162893
I would have done that, but Front Mission 3 refuses to make memory cards as well.
>>
>>3162726
Why no FM4? It was pretty fun, though not as great as some other SRPGs.
>>
>>3162732
>there's a large RNG factor where attacks have a chance of ejecting your pilot
wat
>>
>>3162995
There technically does exist the possibility of a direct hit to the cockpit, causing a mech to instantly eject its pilot.

However it's so incredibly small that it is entirely possible to go through the entire game and never see it happen because it's also probable that rolling that chance, which only occurs on critical hits, could very well just destroy the mech normally before the instant-eject condition gets a chance to trigger.

It's not usual for most mechs to survive that kind of catastrophic damage in the first place, let alone survive AND roll a critical failure such that the cockpit received enough damage to eject.
>>
>>3162697
>3162697
Don't get all buttblasted if your wanzers will have their limbs destroyed in pretty much any battle. It's part of its charm, fighting against the AI.
>>
>>3162504
>Is it possible at all to complete Front Mission 3 via emulation?

Where is it supposed to lock up? Cause I've been able to play until the final stages on ePSXe since like 2006 and never heard of anything like that.
>>
>>3163487
My particular game locks up at Shanghai at the fight with Rudolf.
Right when Kazuki says "This is it", the game freezes
I've tried looking up every method, but no one seems to be having my particular problem. All I can come up with is change your plugins, change your ISOs, change your CDR, Oh, I fixed it via magic and DON'T POST HERE, FOLLOW THE RULES.

I'd switch emulators, but Front Mission 3 also refuses to save as well, it tells me that there's not enough blocks
>>
>>3163891
>it tells me that there's not enough blocks
Check if you have anything else saved in your emulated memory card? And is your emulator saved in Program Files or any place with restricted access? Also check if you set your emulator folder to "read-only".

Post your settings. Or you're b8ing. In any case, we're not your tech support. Neither is /m/. You're being an entitled prick reporting our posts like >>3162552

>>>/g/
>>
>>3164012
>In any case, we're not your tech support.

That's right. This board is for retro themed shitposting and decades old console wars.

Tow the line or enjoy your vacation OP. You entitled fucking prick.
>>
>>3164012
>Check if you have anything else saved in your emulated memory card?
Yeah, I just finished making a save on Megaman Legends just to see if something was wrong.
> And is your emulator saved in Program Files or any place with restricted access?
No, it's saved in Libaries
>Also check if you set your emulator folder to "read-only".
It is, but the other games manage to save. Should I change it anyway?

>Post your settings. Or you're b8ing. In any case, we're not your tech support. Neither is /m/. You're being an entitled prick reporting our posts like >>3162552

I didn't post my settings, because I thought that it would just turn out that either my iso was broken and or I needed to change something slightly. I've never made any reports here. I just want to play Front Mission 3. But here's my settings on Epsxe 170
http://pastebin.com/RWq1hhNM
>>
>>3164373
>Libaries
Depending on which account you logged into or if you using WINE with muh loonix, that could cause problems with any /vr/ game or emulators. Just move the fucking thing out to C:\Games\ or D:\Whatever\ in a your HDD or SSD .

>It is, but the other games manage to save. Should I change it anyway?
Yes, do it, faggot.

>GFX card: Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family
Don't use the OpenGL driver on an intergrated chip, dumbass. Mobile chips are even worse at OpenGL compatibility.
>>
>>3164373
>It is, but the other games manage to save. Should I change it anyway?
Most likely a bad ISO dump then.

Redownload from emuparadise, and complain to your ISP about corrupted downloads from an unstable connection if you want to be extra autistic.
>>
>>3166143
>Bump
For what purpose? Post in /m/ if you want to discuss FM general. You want more tech support for free? Google it.
>>
>>3163026
>>3162995
The best fun I've had playing that game emulated is save scumming just to eject pilots and then gunning them down on the battlefield. You can even do it to some "boss" characters which becomes funnier when they're still talking as if nothing happened after the fight. Then you get to steal their machine.
>>
>>3162504
use a psp breh
>>
>>3167117
>Lol, why are you so angry and edgy? What is the purpose of responding to everything accusing people of being shills or with this ridiculous attitude? We get it, you're a Big Bad 4channer, an Oldfag, whatever it is you want to call yourself. You're just coming off as an edgy teenager.
>Meta
>Tryhard
>I love RA shills and have a retropie
>U mad bro?
>>>/b/
>>
>>3169089
>>3169098
>>3168843
>RA shilling

All the fucking time. OP is b8ing for RA shills. **** and *******.
>>
>>3165038
>download from EMUPARADISE to get uncorrupt PSX rips
Emuparadise are literally known for being one of the reasons people find corrupt PSX disc images all over the web - it's VERY likely that the problem is a copy that was obtained from Emuparadise or from some place that got it from Emuparadise. Like I'm 99% certain this is the OP's problem.

Get a verified Redump disc image, OP.
>>
>>3162504
Hey OP I had your problem, it's not an emulation problem you got one of the bad FM3 dump, I don't remember where I got the ISO that didn't freeze though.
>>
>>3162748
The game is differentbut it's still good in my oppinion. I disagree with what the anons before me said.

Play front mission 3. You won't regret it.
>>
Almost everyone encountered similar problems when emulating emma's scenario on epsxe. Try googling "epsxe front mission3 crash emma rural village xinzhou", etc.

The main problem is the iso not ripped perfectly. Alisa's scenario goes fine which sucks because emma's scenario is more longer, more battles, more challenging.

There are 3 solutions:

1: Find the iso ripped by someone that starts with "Aguia": "SLUS01011.by.Aguia."

2. If somebody here could share a epsxe memcard save just after emma's "crash-zone areas"

3. "try this dudes, it’s a .php file so you have to convert it with PSX2PSP, apparently. I haven’t tried it yet but they say it works…http://thepiratebay.se/torrent/5089319"
>>
>>3162586
>I just did with ePSXe, no problems.
You played alisa's route. Try doing emma's route, you clueless millenial youngin
>>
>>3173273
Think whatever you want, my ISO isn't shit so it works fine.
>>
/r/-ing epsxe memcard save just after emma's "crash-zone areas" plsplsplspls
>>
>>3169604
>actual posts are being deleted
>this shitpost is not

Spotted the biased janitor
>>
>>3172031
So I have a dumb, sort of off-topic question.

Is there such thing as a "GoodPSX" or are there so many different dumps that nobody has done this?
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.