[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Best handheld snes emulation device?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3
File: 813478-snes_logo.png (37 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
813478-snes_logo.png
37 KB, 640x640
Ok guys, ive been trying to find a pocket sized snes emulation handheld, but so far no luck. Dstwo sucks, psp is god awful and slow as shit. Smartphones have great emus, but no buttons and i realld dont have room in my pocket for a clip on controller.
I just wanna play smw with no slowdowns and no more fuckin crashes everytime i get halfway through star oceans story. Any recommendations?
>>
>>3161658
Wait. So you dont have room for a controller, but you have room for this other device, and your smartphone?

Makes no sense.

You gonna leave your phone at home? No? Then you do have room for a pocket controller in lieu of your "emulation device"

/thread
>>
Ive got an lg g3. Every controller thats big enough to clip my phone on is big as hell. I cant fit a dualshock or similar in my pocket, i usually end up having to wear a sweatshirt even when its hot just to fit the controller/ psp. whereas with say a ds its slim enough to fit in my back pants pocket and not feel like its about to fall out all the time
>>
N3DS. Why is this even a question? The buttons are even colored like the damn SFC.
>>
N3ds is good as shit
>>
Ive already got a 3ds. In not throwing down another $200 for a n3ds when it has only 2 exclusive games and is big as fuck. If nintendo had been smart and brought over the smaller version too, id be all over it. I hear snes emulation is great, but it defeats the purpose of a portable console if it wont fit in my pocket
>>
>>3161718
>it defeats the purpose of a portable console if it wont fit in my pocket
Does it? Just put it in your purse
>>
So the ones that "clip on" are too big?

That's your issue?

Fuck the clip on, just get a tiny android controller, mong. Google it.
>>
Hilarious. Im a guy. I just wear pants that actually fit me. Regular 30 30s. If there dont seem to be any other options, thats ok. I just figured id ask
>>
>>3161726
Balancing my phone on my lap while in a car/ on the bus doesnt work so well. I tried.
>>
>>3161718
1. You can get a regular sized n3DS in the Pokemon Red/Blue bundle or the HHD bundle. The former is probably cheaper.
2. If you're not gonna throw down then just emulate with your old 3DS. Just don't come bitching when RetroArch fucks up on you.
>>
I laugh when everyone here says PSP emulation of SNES is "God awful". It isn't great but it's completely usable if you optimize it.

Anyway op, your answer lies in making your own portable SNES out of a mini and a ps1 LCD. That's what I'm doing currently.
>>
>>3161746
Well i tried retroarch and blargsnes on o3ds. Ran like crap at 30-45fps.

Can you buy the n3ds mini bundle in na? Or would i have to buy a japanese one and import?
>>
>>3161756
The two bundles I mentioned are the only ways to get the regular size in NA AFAIK. That said, it looks like the Pokemon bundle is sold out and being scalped, but you can find the HHD bundle for like $220.
>>
>>3161747
Try playing star ocean or smw. You either get serious slowdown that results in cheap deaths or the game flat out crashes. Terranigma and tales of phantasia are super slow too. And the music/sound effects go out of sync constantly
>>
>>3161771
Id hate to support the ongoing crap fest that is animal crossing, but thanks for the heads up. I had no idea nintendo brought the regular size n3ds over. Ill look around and see if i can find one for a decent price
>>
File: save boy 2.jpg (261 KB, 1139x854) Image search: [Google]
save boy 2.jpg
261 KB, 1139x854
>>
>>3161910
I thought about it. But the things to damn big. Not to mention the need to carry carts around
>>
>>3161773
Disable the music?
>>
>>3161931
It does help a little, but the slowdowns still there.
>>
This is what you've been looking for OP

The Xperia Play is an android phone with a slide out gamepad instead of a slide out keyboard. Not great modern standards specs, but that also means they're like 30 bucks and this is just me but Android 4 era phones don't feel THAT outdated.
>>
>>3161969
I had one for a little while, but emu wasnt great and battery life was so so. Then i heard that rooting makes the emus perform better and battery last longer, but i had already sold it. Does rooting make that much of a difference?
>>
>>3161983
No root doesn't change anything other than access privileges.
Disabling all radios, location, and minimizing screen brightness will save you battery. If it's only for gaming, just turn it off while not in use.
>>
>>3161658
There's plenty of chink android handhelds. GPD and JXD are the better of them. The price range is from $50 to $130, and the more expensive ones can play anything icluding N64, PSX and even Dreamcast.

Also in a day a campain for GPD Win will end. If you want a windows handheld (basically a 5.5" netbook with gamepad) I suggest ordering one now while it's $300, because later it will be $500
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/gpd-win-intel-z8550-win-10-os-game-console/x/13835690#/
>>
>>3164187
How is that GPD win better than the regular GPD? Nowdays pretty much every android emulator is better than their windows counterpart, some even support bluetooth multiplayer.
>>
>>3161747
>It isn't great
Yes so it's god awful. Don't settle for less you mong.
>>
>>3165274
Thank you! Whenever i say snes sucks on psp, theres always some guy out there that insists its "not that bad". ANY detectable slowdown while enulating makes it shit. How the fuck can you play acrion or platforming games with slowdown?
>>
>>3164224
Android emus are pretty much forks of win emulators.
Also better customability and more game-specific patches.
And ability to play x86 games with no effort.
>>
many snes games have gba ports, that are emulated flawlessly on psp
>>
>>3161914
You'll only need the EverDrive(in pic), a flashcart that you can use to load any SNES game you want on it.
Basically just carry a small game bag with you and you're golden.
>>
>>3161983
Moving the goalposts: the thread.
>>
>>3166761
>it's ok for men to carry purses, they only get beat up a little
>>
>>3167021
What is this, middle school?

No one is going to give a shit if you have a satchel or some shit with you.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.