[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So is this game supposed to have a strong emotional story? Because
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 142
Thread images: 17
So is this game supposed to have a strong emotional story? Because I'm at the third dungeon and so far it isn't hitting me yet.
>>
If seagulls make you cry, get the tissues ready.
>>
>>3149952
Okay, first off, are you reading the dialog?
>>
>>3149952
It's pretentious hipster trash. The same people that wank over how 2deep4u dundertale is only enjoy Zelda DMX edition.
>>
>>3149991
Literally nothing has happened yet. Link woke up in a town, finds a sword on a beach, and then an owl starts telling him to journey around for instruments to wake up a fish. I've been doing that for two dungeons with little to no plot progression. Please tell me if I'm missing anything.
>>
>>3150002
When you defeat the bosses they tell you about the story. Plus one part later. Then at the end, obviously.

It's not deep, but you might feel some feels by the end.
>>
>>3149994
Yea I don't get how a fucking gameboy game could be all that good. People praise it like its one of the best Zelda games and it is A MASTERPIECE

Its a overrated piece of fucking trash. People piss me off with their exaggerated shit
>>
>>3149952
>Zelda
>Deep
Pick one.
>>
>>3150024
The first two bosses didn't tell me shit, man.
>>
Things don't really "go anywhere" story wise until instrument 5 or 6.
>>
>>3150060
Then keep playing, man.

I thought they all said something, but I guess it's not until the 6th one.
>>
File: 1458332325830.jpg (56 KB, 350x463) Image search: [Google]
1458332325830.jpg
56 KB, 350x463
>>3149994
>>3150028
>>
My game glitched on the dungeon where you had to break the pillars with the iron ball. The ball got stuck in the wall and nothing would make it reset or get unstuck.

I lost all will to replay the game after that.
>>
>>3150103
You didn't miss out on anything.
>>
>>3149952
It's not a big deal til the ending, which is kinda emotional in a way if you get attached to Koholint.
>>
>>3149952
It's not Les Misérables for fuck's sake.

Just appreciate the fact that Nintendo made one of the best ever Zelda's on the GameBoy of all things.
>>
>>3150136
>It's not Les Misérables for fuck's sake.
Go back to /v/ and play some gaylo you retard 'bro'.
>>
>>3150141
15 year old detected.
>>
>>3150147
Knuckle-dragging /v/ermin troglodyte with no taste detected.
>>
>>3150141
wtf are you talking about dude?

Good God I hate nintenyearolds. You're not allowed to criticize any of their sacred cows, even if your criticism is mostly positive.
>>
>>3150269
That's not a nintendo fan. That's a troll goading a reaction. Learn to spot them and hide their posts.

I'm a massive Zelda fan and your statement I find is very true. It's a simple game with a touching but bittersweet ending.
>>
>>3150313
>I'm a massive Zelda fan

Oh fuck off you liar.
>>
>>3150095
Proves my point even more. no argument. Keep up with your shitty memes you dumb faggot
>>
>>3150002
You are, because you aren't reading the dialog. You automatically have zero reason to bitch.
>>
>>3150417
I literally got further into the game just now and the plot is starting to form, fool. If you actually played the game instead of hearing about it from whatever Undertale sub-reddit you're from, you'd know the game takes a bit to get going, as explained by >>3150090 and >>3150082
>>
File: oDCku2OIub5lDuf7fCdTkg-wide.jpg (19 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
oDCku2OIub5lDuf7fCdTkg-wide.jpg
19 KB, 300x400
>>3150409
>>
There is an intense shitposter in this therad

I wish he would leave
>>
>>3149952
No? Who the fuck told you that.
>>
>>3150454
No, it actually doesn't. If by the second dungeon you haven't picked up on the story line it's very very obvious you haven't spoken to anyone or read anything. It doesn't make it obvious that it's a dream until the end, and that's it.
>>
File: mr-burns-laugh.webm (937 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
mr-burns-laugh.webm
937 KB, 480x360
>Zelda games
>Good story
>>
>>3149952
You really shouldn't play Zelda games for the story.
Play it for the exploration, the atmosphere, the music, whatever, but not the story.
Keep in mind Miyamoto is the kind of guy who thinks stories have no place to be in videogames.
>>
>>3150490
He should know about the Wind Fish by now, but nothing important yet.
>>
>>3149952
It's supposed to be an action game, not a book. Retard.
>>
People hype up "the story" in Zelda games when it's borderline non-existent most of the time. So no. Despite Link's Awakening maybe being one of the best in the series overall, it's "strong emotional story" isn't there.

It's manchildren with nostalgia, thinking the games they played as kids have a stronger emotional impact on them, because you were fucking 8 when you played it.
>>
>>3150513
Pretty much this. I think the music has something to do with it, in this game in particular it's very nostalgic.
>>
>>3150490

What? No way,

None of that shit is even remotely suggested in a way that anyone would understand until the Face Shrine
>>
I advise making a backup save when you get Marin following you (I think it's the 4th dungeon?). There's a lot of flavor dialogue and hidden scenes you can only see in that part of the game.
>>
>>3150513
I didn't play it until high school. I got a little emotional at the ending. Not deep and life changing, but a strong way to end a lighthearted game.
>>
File: 1439255867981.jpg (52 KB, 640x350) Image search: [Google]
1439255867981.jpg
52 KB, 640x350
>>3150521

>tfw I used to know all the weird glitches and screen hacks in Link's Awakening

>have no idea how to do it in nearly 12 years
>>
When I discovered there was a secret, slightly happier, ending if you completed the game with zero deaths, I immediately had to achieve it. I made it to dungeon 6 before somebody in school sneaked the Gameboy out of my bag, saved the game after one death, and put it back. That did nothing to discourage me, and I started again from the beginning and got the secret ending. Do it for your seagull waifu.
>>
Best 2D Zelda game by far, just plain fun and has a PSYCHEDELIC side that only pops back up in Majora's Mask
It was a deep, perplexing, emotional story...when I was six years old...
Looking at it with mature eyes reveals a tongue-and-cheek journey veiled in atmospheric mystery, also somewhat of a "meta" game as it takes place in a dream, so references to other videogames and fourth wall breaking happens which is unique to any other Zelda game
Only problem is, it's easy as hell, but so is every nintendo game so fuck it anyway
>>
>>3151316
>Only problem is, it's easy as hell
This is why the original is so much better than the DX version. The game is easy enough already without permanent double damage.
>>
>>3151320
Yeah, the extra dungeon doesn't add much to the game. But the photo guy is cool.
>>
File: 1452829513791.gif (896 KB, 331x380) Image search: [Google]
1452829513791.gif
896 KB, 331x380
>>3149952
If you honestly just dont give a fuck anymore, here are some actual spoilers for the whole thing hamfisted because its too early for this shit.

the entire island is a dream, marin wants to be a seagull so she can see beyond the island, after a few instruments are gotten it reveals something or the other about Nightmares trapping the Wind Fish forcing him to sleep and dream. Waking up the Wind Fish makes the entire island disappear, you not even knowing if the Wind Fish is real or not. Ballad of the Wind Fish (song) is rather sad when you first hear it with all instruments and understand what you have to do. If you finished the game without dying once (that revive potion thing does not count as a death) you see Marin's picture after the ending credits in a flock of seagulls implying she got her wish or link thinking/hoping she got her wish
>>
>>3151320
Do like me, once I beat the boss of the DX version exclusive dungeon, I exit through the entrance door without picking up the reward.

IIRC once you enter the room with the tunics, you HAVE to pick one, so just kill the boss and go back.
>>
>>3149952
Eh, it's one of the only 2 games I actually felt emotional when completing. The other one was OoT. I thought both games were beautiful and loved the adventure, so when they finally came to an end I felt a significant sense of melancholy on both occasions. It was like playing through a fantastic fairy tail or summat.

I was like eight years old when I played LA the first time. One of my favourite gaming memories and it was my first Zelda. Generally I don't get emotional over video games.
>>
>>3149952
>it's a "my opinion of the game doesn't align with the popular opinion, look how special I am!" thread
Do we really need to make these so often?
>>
>>3150508
No part of the story is "important", but it's not really right of OP to come in here bitching about the story when he hasn't even made an attempt at deciphering it from the given text.

>>3150518
What isn't even remotely obvious, because the only thing I even mentioned was an event near the END of the game. The story line is there, OP is just retarded
>>
>>3151469

The main twist mate

It's not there until the Face Shrine
>>
>>3151447
Agree, it is one thing to say you don't like a popular game. It is another to say the game is shit and no one should like it just because you didn't.

Like if someone started a Link to The Past appreciation thread there will always be a troll that says the game is actually horrible or worst of its series.
>>
>>3151447
>>3151529

Blame social media and normies for that. Gotta get attention saying "I said something! People should be proud of me!", right?

On topic: It's a Zelda game and those games never were acclaimed for the plot. It's more about the story telling that tries to do things a little more differently than most main games like Link to the Past, Ocarina of Time, Wind Waker and Twilight Princess. It's a slightly different concept and there's more attention to world building and characters. It's the same reason why Majora's Mask was critically acclaimed and why it's got a lot of fans nowadays. It's not my favorite Zelda but I understand why people love it.
>>
>>3151331
Seriously? Sounds like the plot to a children's book. And this is the game nintentoddlers wank about over tumblr "like if u cri evrytiem" "like too fucking deep mang". Give me a break.
>>
File: cccc.png (10 KB, 209x241) Image search: [Google]
cccc.png
10 KB, 209x241
>mfw when i recently bought the dx version and cant glitch the fuck out of it
>>
>>3151548
I don't recall that ever happening
>>
>>3151245
>I made it to dungeon 6 before somebody in school sneaked the Gameboy out of my bag, saved the game after one death, and put it back

Wow, what an asshole.
>>
Just like with MM, manchildren think the game is deep because the characters are aware of their own impending doom.
>>
>>3151559
I know who it was, and I wasn't really angry at him, because it was kind of funny too.
>>
>>3150024
Yeah at the very end, I remembered what the Face Shrine boss (I think) told me - and felt sad at what I'd done.
>>
>>3151498
Yeah, near the end of the game, m80. Either way, in order for there to be a TWIST there has to be a STORY, so we obviously agree that OP is retarded
>>
>>3151640

Face Shrine isn't near the end you retard
>>
>>3151654
Nigger, it's like 3/4 of the way through the game.
>>
>>3151560
Just like with MM, manchildren will pile into the thread to shit on an outstanding game just for being a Nintendo product. How absolutely pathetic. Your brain must be the size of an angry little walnut.
>>
File: GlNDMRT.jpg (14 KB, 180x235) Image search: [Google]
GlNDMRT.jpg
14 KB, 180x235
no one that posts in a thread like this belongs in /vr/

everyone go back to /v/
>>
>>3151548
>plot to a children's book
it was a children's game, you idiot
>>
>>3151801
>people view a game differently than me
>I''ll show them by name calling
>>
>>3151654
>>3151664
Precisely. It's dungeon 6/8, which is literally another way of expressing the fraction 3/4.
>>
>>3151548
Seriously, I don't get what people find so amazing about this game, even calling it better than Zelda I and II? Give me a fucking break
>>
>>3150518
It's implied and clicks later, though.

Like the children not understanding you when you ask where they came from or what the outside world is.

The wind fish sleeping.

The dream shrine giving you an actual item.

Tarin's bad dream. that turned out not to be a dream (after a fashion).

It IS likely that one misses all the hints until the end of the fifth, beginning of the sixth dungeon. The first half of the game is, after all, meant to be comfy. To get you to like the place, to identify with its inhabitants. The moment the story really starts to get going, the game is already approaching its end, accelerate towards the island's inevitable demise. You're not really supposed to connect the dots between all the little things until the fifth boss/southern face shrine.

But the hints are undeniably there.
>>
>>3151548
I guess it's all in the delivery and presentation. I think it's genuinely emotive. There's a subtle bleakness throughout the whole game.
>>
>>3151548

children books are often way more emotional, sad and cruel than a lot of adult novels.

Read anything by Hans C. Andersen.
>>
It has an unexpected ENDING, but it's not emotional or anything like that. I mean, if you're too sensitive it might be, but it's not
>>
>>3151902
So you agree that it's near the end of the game. Now that we've gotten that cleared up.
>>
>>3151548

i know right it doesn't even compare to fight club
>>
>>3152954
Well it's closer to the end than the beginning but if I drove from John O' Groats to Land's End then I wouldn't say I was near Land's End when I was in Gloucester.
>>
>>3152494
You could say that about anything. Bambi, Watership Down, Requiem For A Dream...
>>
>>3149952
It's more like a nice poem than a more narrative heavy game (like Twilight Princess). Don't think too hard about it.
>>
File: Owl_Statue_(Link's_Awakening).png (111 KB, 193x378) Image search: [Google]
Owl_Statue_(Link's_Awakening).png
111 KB, 193x378
>>3153940
THE WIND FISH IN NAME ONLY, FOR IT IS NEITHER
>>
File: Plaguedogsposter.jpg (39 KB, 325x474) Image search: [Google]
Plaguedogsposter.jpg
39 KB, 325x474
>>3153919
People think those are emotional? Here's something far more effective (only works if you like dogs).
>>
>>3153892
The twist in Fight Club ruined the entire book for me, desu.

So fucking stupid.
>>
>>3153892
fight club is trash
>>
>>3149952
Absolutely not. the best Zelda games give you bare bones nothing and just send you on your way, minimal dialogue. LA, 1, 2, LttP.
OoA and OoS are good but have too much shit going on to try and be interesting, instead of just actually being interesting.
>>
>>3154049
>book
Hipster detected.
>>
Just finished this for the first time. Never played it as a kid so there's no nostalgia behind my opinion. It is one of the best Zelda games. I was kinda hoping Marin would turn out to be an incarnation of Zelda. The plot is a game version of the Berkeley proposition that we are all thoughts in God's mind. I like the way they handled the premise. The photoguy is really endearing.

My only rant is that there is some serious busy work inside a couple of dungeons but that's it. The music for the Face Shrine is one of the best tunes I heard in a Zelda game. Now I don't know if I replay it to get all the photos, the shells and the perfect ending or if I move on and play Momotaro Densetsu.
>>
>>3153904
But if I knew I was going to die at 100 and I was 75 I'd consider myself pretty close to the end.
>>
>>3149952
The emotional part only happens at the ending.
>>
File: LAghost.jpg (19 KB, 399x350) Image search: [Google]
LAghost.jpg
19 KB, 399x350
>>3155478

This part always seemed very emotional to me.
>>
>>3150028
>>3150409
why would you be this upset of a video game
>>
>>3150528
>Not deep and life changing, but a strong way to end a lighthearted game
/thread
>>
>>3151548
>complaining that a game for children sounds like it was made for children

We get it, you don't like it, stop shitposting.
>>
>>3155493
I pretty much found all side characters endearing. I even felt sorry for the bosses as they are very chatty in this game, I'm not used to that in a Zelda title. Pretty much the only character I felt it was there just to add to a trading quest is the mermaid. Even Mr. Write who has a couple lines of dialogue comes out as very poignant and interesting.
>>
>>3153978
>my emotions are so much more legitimate than other peoples emotions!!!
>>
>I see a thread for game I don't like
>must post in thread to express that
>>
I thought it was kind of touching because of the atmosphere. Really liked Marin and I still remember how it felt to hear those waves in the end as a kid.

This thread however is pointless. Grown people expecting a game to have the same effect on them that it had on other people when they were kids. Some people playing it for the first time now get emotional, some don't, a lot of people are just nostalgic. Basically: people feel and think different things, if you can't get over that you shouldn't be posting in a video game forum, or anywhere really.
>>
>>3155440
Touche sir. But possibly only because your vision of a 75 year old is someone who can't walk properly, etc. If you're healthy enough to live to 100 then at 75 you might be a lot healthier than the average 75 year old.
>>
>>3156470
because people are assholes that worship their crappy MUH NOSTALGIA. I am nostalgic for games in my childhood, but some simply flat out sucked and ill never revisit them, even if i put many hours into it

People just love to jump on the bandwagon with things
>>
OP here. Finished the game a day or two ago. In my opinion... it was really good. I liked the use of mood and subtlety to convey a narrative when there was little there in fact - kind of reminds me of Shadow of the Colossus in a way. I agree with the anon who said the story would be more likened to a poem than to a prose story.

Anyway, good game, good story.
>>
File: 1458931385941.jpg (3 MB, 2137x3070) Image search: [Google]
1458931385941.jpg
3 MB, 2137x3070
>>3158547
If you think about it, Link's Awakening is the first game with a story original to video games, i.e. that can't be told in another medium.

The impact of a dream world only matters because unlike a movie or book which is dependent on someone's writing, in a video game, you, the audience, directly participate in its resolution.This opens up a world of interaction exclusive to gaming.

When you find out it's a dream, then things start to make sense, such as why the world is so wacky. Talking animals? Strange characters? Wart and other Mario NPCs and enemies that are your friends? In addition, the bosses start begging you not to wake the Windfish at that point. Yet, YOU the player, know that to beat the game, you must persevere. All the while being forced to wonder, "what will happen to everything?" In a book this doesn't matter, because its not a visible or tangible world.

It is a game that illustrates the price of gaining knowledge, sorrow, since after this point you value the character interactions with Marin all the more; and makes beating the game a tug on your heart-strings since you know what will happen once you do.
>>
File: _500.png (177 KB, 500x740) Image search: [Google]
_500.png
177 KB, 500x740
>>3158572
Kotaku-tier review.
>>
>>3158574
lol. Ok you got me.
>>
File: 2224390i.jpg (126 KB, 620x439) Image search: [Google]
2224390i.jpg
126 KB, 620x439
If you're not doing everything, talking to everyone and exploring, then of course you're not going to feel anything it.

LA isn't a DEEP game, I'm pretty sure the 'plot' based dialogue is less than ten pages on Microsoft Word. The connection people get from the game is from playing and actually enjoying it, instead of making it a chore like you're doing.

If you come to the game with the GRR WHERE'S THE EMOTION, THIS SHIT'S OVERRATED, I'M NOT SEEING IT, THIS IS CRAP AND OVERRATED, then that's what you're going to get out of it.
>>
>>3151548
At this point, there's like 4 games in the series
Zelda 1: Go save the princess! Go beat up some monsters and Ganon
Zelda 2: Go wake up the princess! Go beat up some monsters and yourself!
Zelda Link to the Past: Go save the princess! Go beat up some monsters, that wizard that turned out to be ganon!
And then this: Save the Wind Fish! Go beat up some monsters.

I don't know what the fuck you wanted or were expecting out of this game outside of that.
>>
When did /vr/ became /v/ 3.0?
>>
>>3158837
LA is very different, because the only way to "save" the islanders is to kill them. The monsters are winning, so doing nothing is not an option. Painless non-existence by Windfish awakening is the least worst option.
>>
>>3158547
was there any point where your perception of the game shifted? Where you gained a new appreciation, or disappointment or something? Or was it all one smooth ride beginning to end?
>>
My honest opinion of this game is that it's not "deep" or any such nonsense, but still amazing in terms of both being a technical achievement, and a simple, but effective narrative.

As far as technical achievement goes, it's a small, confined world on a small, restrictive system that's still a blast to explore. There's a reason that this, OOA/OOS, SaGa 2, and Dragon Quest Monsters are in my top GB/C games. There was a lot of genuine effort in LA, and it shows.

As far as simple, effective narrative: If you play the game thoroughly, and do as much as you can, it's easy to get invested in the world. I don't remember any parts of the game that "dragged" or made me think, "Oh, THIS part..." It's a generally pleasant experience, and the characters, for being simple and non-verbose, have a charm to them.

It's not an existential masterpiece, it's not a great literary classic. It's a video game. And a damn good one. There's a reason that it's a staple of the Gameboy library, even though other Gameboy Zeldas exist.
>>
File: Wind_Fish.png (2 KB, 130x82) Image search: [Google]
Wind_Fish.png
2 KB, 130x82
Why Wind Fish needs to wake up though? Is he necessary elsewhere? Why all dreams must end, like it says? And what were those nightmares harming btw? They seem to be pretty well contained in their own dungeons, affecting literally no one or anything outside it (except maybe keeping they alive by prolonging the dream). They are so harmless in fact that most characters don't even know about them, and none whatsoever is hurt by them in any way.

Wouldn't be more heroic for this Link incarnation to simply not wake up this god? He probably dies anyway at the end and look at this doped whale. We all know it will fall asleep again 20 minutes later.
>>
>>3159080
To further your own point, the game even points out that Marin is friends with some of the monsters. And they didn't really get aggressive till Link showed up.

Link wasn't even trying to save the people, he couldn't leave the island until he woke the wind fish. He did it so he could go home. That's it.
>>
>>3159103
>Marin is friends with some of the monsters
The animal people are not monsters. And we never find out if the monsters getting aggressive is cause or effect of Link arriving (maybe the Wind Fish pulled him into the dream specifically to fight them).
>>
>>3159115
Doesn't the game specifically say she is friends with monsters? And the owl says the monsters only got aggressive when Link arrived? Links arrival was a coincidence. We all saw the opening scene where Link's ship was destroyed in a storm.
>>
>>3159103
Maybe if they had given Wind Fish a more prominent role, making his presence needed in Hyrule for some reason, then waking it up would become a pressing matter. Of course we all know Nintendo didn't intende to actually link these games through a storyline until way later because of fans doing it themselves. Still.

Great game btw, I'm not really criticizing anything. Just a thought.
>>
>>3159125
I seem to remember Marin saying she was friends with monsters, I may be mistaken though. Also I remember the own saying the monster became restless specifically because of Link and that part I remember quite well.
>>
>>3159080
>pretty well contained in their own dungeons, affecting literally no one or anything outside it
The Moblins kidnapped Bow-Wow. Richard was forced out of his castle. The owl warns you that the monsters may soon conquer the island after you complete the Face Shrine. Marin is kidnapped by monsters and taken to the mountains.

The final boss says:
"We were born of nightmares... To take over this world, we made the Wind Fish sleep endlessly! If the Wind Fish doesn't wake up, this island will never disappear! We would have been masters of this place..."

The owl confirms that the monsters started causing trouble before Link showed up:
"But one day, the Nightmares entered the dream and began wreaking havoc. Then you, Link, came to rescue the island..."

Link is not the bad guy.
>>
>>3159134
Game script:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/gameboy/563277-the-legend-of-zelda-links-awakening/faqs/38914

Marin never says anything about being friends with monsters.
>>
>>3159137
The Moblins are under nightmares' orders? I had the impression they were part of the "natural"dream and not an "army" for nightmares. Now that you mention it, it seems possible they are nightmares themselves, only a lesser category of it. It's funny though because they have a very creature/animal design while nightmares have a more ghostly appearance. I think that's why I never made that connection.
>>
>>3159146
>nightmares have a more ghostly appearance
Dungeon 1: caterpillar
Dungeon 2: ghost clown
Dungeon 3: somewhat ghostly slime
Dungeon 4: fish
Dungeon 5: weird looking eel thing
Dungeon 6: ghostly face
Dungeon 7: bird
Dungeon 8: ghostly flame
End boss: various ghostly/animal types

So only about half are ghostly.
>>
>>3159137
So basically this game is telling us dying is preferable over falling under tyranny. That's heavy.

The owl in particular is really pushing the agenda total annihilation over defeat at the hands of the enemy.
>>
>>3159164
Yeah I'm just now checking this. I only remembered the more evil looking ones.
>>
>>3149952
Congrats op, ur not a little bitch
>>
>>3162172
>Majora's Mask is deep and emotional
0/10 tier bait
>>
>>3162220
It is.

If you didn't cry inside or out, during the Song of Healing scenes, you have no soul.
>>
>>3162220
He's right, baiting or not. It takes a dark turn and explores many facets of the human psyche under the impending threat of death.
>>
>>3158572
Literally nothing about that is exclusive to video games
>>
>>3159042
This
>>
>>3149994
>>3150028
>>3157771
Autism speaks, and it is angry
>>
>>3159146
I think monsters probably existed on Koholint before the nightmares showed up, and the nightmares just caused them to become more aggressive.

We know that not all monsters are evil. There are friendly monster NPC's, like the goroya who gives you the boomerang.
>>
File: hilarious filename.jpg (729 KB, 1984x1488) Image search: [Google]
hilarious filename.jpg
729 KB, 1984x1488
>IT WAS ALL A DREAM
>THE WIND FISH USED TO READ WORD UP MAGAZINE
>MARIN AND LINK UP IN THE LIMOUSINE
>>
>>3151336
>IIRC once you enter the room with the tunics, you HAVE to pick one

Or you can just save and exit.

It's pretty stupid how absurdly overpowered the tunics are, especially for how early you're able to get them.
>>
>>3162851
>>3162887
Nope. It plays like a half assed rom-hack. Probably because that's all it is.
>>
>>3163989
It's just people from /v/ acting retarded, i seriously don't think getting 6th gen acepted soon on /vr/ would make any good to this board, it would just attract more /v/ assholes making stupid threads were they don't "get" why people like a game because to them it's just old shit,

Sage for off topic.
>>
I think people like this game more for the fact that it feels like a huge game even if it's actually quite small and short, people don't expect a gameboy game to be the same quality as a SNES one but this one took everthing good about ALTTP and made a great portable game out of it.

This game is so fleshed out they took more elements from it than ALTTP to design OoT.
>>
>>3159126
I remember in Skyward Sword you have to meet the Sky Leviathan, an old god, and ask for his help doing some side-quest. As soon as I saw him I was sure he was the Wind Fish.
>>
Link's Awakening is my favorite because it's compact, effective, and established a lot of the better elements of future games. There's a lot to be said for simplicity and elegance.
>>
>>3164837
Eh. They just give you permanently what the Piece of Power and Guardian Acorn give temporarily. Once you get good at Zelda, the games are not hard at all (except maybe the NES ones).
>>
>>3166653
>Once you get good at Zelda, the games are not hard at all
Exactly, that's the problem. The tunics can be gotten immediately after the second or third dungeon, and only make an already-easy game even easier.
>>
>>3149952
>So is this game supposed to have a strong emotional story?
No. Why the fuck would you think that?
>>
>>3152465
The best thing is the way the illogical joke dialog about "getting lost in the woods later" makes perfect sense in retrospect.
>>
>>3150028
>People praise it like its one of the best Zelda games and it is A MASTERPIECE

t's not, but it is decent and pulls off its storytelling well.
>>
>>3150505
>Keep in mind Miyamoto is the kind of guy who thinks stories have no place to be in videogames.

Good thing he isn't Koizumi then.
>>
Not one of the Gameboy Zelda games is any good. They're dumbed down. They've some great gameplay but are ultimately too simplistic to really be worth much in the grand scheme of things.

Those who like them over other Zelda games tend to also be dumbed down versions of normal people.
>>
>>3149952
One of my favourite soundtracks ever, so goddamn memorable, and it's only a GB game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLXOQA6fJC8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z483RyU2neg
>>
>>3169670
*really pulls at the strings of my heart pham ;__;

so fucking nostalgic
hold me virr
>>
>>3150409
>no argument means my point has somehow become MOAR proveded
w e w
Thread replies: 142
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.