[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mandate to fuck shit up (fam)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 7
File: Kill squad.jpg (92 KB, 641x480) Image search: [Google]
Kill squad.jpg
92 KB, 641x480
Let's do this.
>>
>>3133289
Sheesh. Does nobody do standard 2 warriors and 2 spell casters anymore?
>>
>>3133289
not making it past goblinwatch
>>
>>3133342
I'm approaching Goblinwatch now. It will be a smoking fucking crater by the time these motherfuckers are done with it.
>>
>>3133334
IIRC a pure spellcasting party in MM6 was more powerful than one in MM7. But I'm not sure.
>>
Like eight people told you this was a bad idea in the previous thread. Not bad idea like the game will be hard, but bad idea like the game won't be fun.
>>
>>3133365
hahaha good luck bro
>>
>>3133289
Why are they not all named ZOLTAN?
0/10 shit party desu senpai

>>3133342
>implying you can't cakewalk the entire game with 1 sorc and 3 eradicated
>>
>>3133704
More magic the merrier.

Although I would've used a CSSS team considering that the cleric will be able to use shrapmetal later on.
>>
>>3134987
Why on earth waste a sorc slot with a fucking cleric? baka desu senpai
>>
File: Balls but no walls.png (3 MB, 1274x958) Image search: [Google]
Balls but no walls.png
3 MB, 1274x958
This thread made me reinstall and replay the game, so far so good with a sorc 1-man party.
Gharik's Forge was a motherfucker though.
>>
>>3135004
Why not? C can use shrapmetal.
>>
>>3135098
What level are you?
>>
>>3135197
>>
>>3135161
so can S....
>>
>>3135927
But so can C, and that's all that matters when you don't have to worry about LB and TP. So it's not a bad idea to have a C in your party of SSS. Ya dig?
>>
>>3136454
What possible advantage is there though when S has way more firepower?
>>
>>3136469
>way more firepower

False. Once you get shrapmetal they become equal.
>>
>>3136469
The divine spell list?
Clerics are also more durable than sorcerers.
>>
>>3136469
Take it from me, I beat the game with SSSS before.

Clerics are more durable. Chain armor and Shield.

Blue barrels are pointless. With a cleric around you can at least gain something from them.

cleric spells have their uses.

Cure Weakness is a useful spell once you start using Hour of Power because haste runs out first and will give everyone weakness. Much more convenient to just cast cure weakness than to LB back to NS for the 40 gold heal to get rid of weakness.

Cure Insanity is also useful in the hardest dungeon of the game (Darkmoor).

Maces are mediocre, but you're going to be using shrapmetal eventually anyway. As long as this isn't your first playthrough of the game, in which case you shouldn't be using a SSSS or CSSS team in the first place, you'll be able to get light and dark magic relatively soon.

Clerics > Paladin in an all-magic team. Paladins will be lame once everyone else gets Shrapmetal. Furthermore, their MP sucks. Clerics will be able to cast Shrapmetal just as well as sorcerers, and that's all that matters.

If you have a SSSS instead of a CSSS all you're getting is better damage for like the first 4-5 hours of the game (obviously not talking about a first playthrough), which is also the easiest portion of the game which you can get through even without magic in a SSSS/CSSS game.
>>
>>3136478
Meteor Shower, Starburst, Inferno.
>>
>>3136513
>Cure Weakness is a useful spell once you start using Hour of Power because haste runs out first and will give everyone weakness. Much more convenient to just cast cure weakness than to LB back to NS for the 40 gold heal to get rid of weakness.
You're supposed to cast haste before it wears off.

Remove curse on the other hand is a boon.
>>
>>3136514
>Meteor Shower
So? For the enemies it works on, 2-3 sorcerers is enough. If you use this spell on tough enemies like dragons or titans to whittle down their HP while abusing turn-based fly-mode then lmao... that's up to you.

>Starburst
See above.

>Inferno
See above.

Having 4 sorcerers is overkill when 2 castings will take out the enemies you cast them on. Your first 2 sorcerers in the team will do all the killing while the other 2 will have full MP. But when it comes to shrapmetal, that shit works on everything that matters.
>>
>>3136523
I was just giving an example, homeslice. Don't have a cow, man.
>>
File: Walls balls and close calls.png (3 MB, 1274x956) Image search: [Google]
Walls balls and close calls.png
3 MB, 1274x956
>>3135098
Welp, all memory crystals restored and the Oracle is awakened, off to VARN.
This will be painful.
>>
>>3136653
dat luck stat
>>
>>3136653
>Using staff not dagger

Do you wanna get slapped, homie
>>
>>3136838
It's just for looks.
>melee
>ever
Notice how there is no bow either.
>>
>>3136939
Doesn't carrying a dagger make you go faster?
>>
>>3136478
>>3136481
So why not just be CCCC?
>>
>>3137478
Elemental magic provides too much utility to pass up. A caster party will have serious trouble without Lloyd's Beacon and Town Portal in longer dungeons.
Also, early game is all about elemental damage spells. Before you get Shrapmetal you'll need some sort of AoE clear, which fire (Fireball and RoF) and water (Poison Spray) provide but none of the self magic schools can do.
>>
>>3137478
Because that would be stupid, homie.
>>
File: Sorc is op pls nerf.png (2 MB, 1275x958) Image search: [Google]
Sorc is op pls nerf.png
2 MB, 1275x958
>>3135098
>>3136653
AND ZOLTAN PULLS THROUGH!
Fuck yeah sorcerer. Grand total of 2 relics/artifacts found (Hera and Pendragon), no druid promos done, didn't kill Q, didn't enter NWC dungeon and no loot rerolling.
>>
>>3137647
did you use blasters at the hive? or just shrapmetal and dragon's breath all day every day
>>
>>3136514
I feel like the kind of ignorance that would lead someone to respond to a post about the usefulness of having one cleric with "meteor shower, starburst, inferno" is also necessary to think that a four sorc party is anything other than a novelty.

Having body magic will make the part of the game where you don't have light/dark magic a lot easier and, more importantly, a lot more fun. It won't significantly reduce your firepower since you'll be a lot less dead.
>>
>>3137747
Blaster pistol, didn't bother to grab a rifle because iirc it only has higher +hit and no noteworthy extra damage.

>>3137770
I'm not dissing on having a cleric, I'm just pointing out how sorcs have more firepower than a cleric.
>you'll be a lot less dead
I don't know how other people play, but when I go full caster my spell points run out long before my hit points do.
>>
>>3133289
Sorry m8, you can't use BALS TO THE WALL for spellcasters. That's reserved for parties of sword dudes.
>>
>>3136653
>>3135098
That is an ugly hate desu. And Luck is useful in this game?
>>
>>3139036
Luck works like a sort of spell resistance, so it's a good survival stat. The reason for it being so high is because of Pendragon and Hera though, both of which were just unplanned drops that happened to be good for the slots.
>>
hey
I have seen that there is a remake of the MM7 engine which suposedly could support MM6?

guys just imagine if there was a multiplayer engine that enabled you to play the game multiplayer style where the world files was loaded Classic DOOM multiplayer style while the player files was loaded locally or inside host server.

if you search MM7 engine in facebook you find the page, the system sez SPAAM

its time for the future of this game cus honestly ubisoft wount do jack shit for this series that doest result in a dissapointment.
>>
File: 1393803812269.jpg (14 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1393803812269.jpg
14 KB, 200x200
>>3142862

I've seen this already and even joined their group some time ago
the issue is that they are from fucking Azerbidjan and have no idea how you are supposed to do software... they are amateur as fuck.
right now their goal is to re-do everything in Unity 3D, to have better resolution and shader etc. The result is that not even the first map is playable and it looks like utter shit anyway

It's a shame because the C++ source code for the whole game is basically available at this point, and it's completely possible to re-build the game from scartch with any kind of crazy modification...
>>
Tried playing this game again, and literally could not do it.

I got bored to the point of contemplating suicide after about 6 hours in. The thing is, I know all the optimal things to do in the game, and so my guys were way too strong too soon.

Anyway, fantastic fucking game and it was amazing the first time around when everything was new, but like most RPGs I can't replay them. Still one of the best RPGs I've ever played, and I've played them all. I guess I'm just not the type that can replay RPGs. I just can't... I want to, but I can't.
>>
>>3144479
>right now their goal is to re-do everything in Unity 3D, to have better resolution and shader etc
For what, it's good as is
>>
File: Run Faster with a Knife.jpg (36 KB, 480x348) Image search: [Google]
Run Faster with a Knife.jpg
36 KB, 480x348
>>3136984
>Doesn't carrying a dagger make you go faster?
>>
File: jFXYv.jpg (23 KB, 592x468) Image search: [Google]
jFXYv.jpg
23 KB, 592x468
>>3138443
>That's reserved for parties of sword dudes.
>>
I've played the later Might and Magic games, 6 and beyond, but I wanted to try the earlier games. Is there a specific one I should try first? Also 6-9 have fan patches that are must have, do 1-5 have anything like that?
>>
>>3147020
There's the Mac versions which are a bit nicer than the IBM ones.
1 and 2 are more for hardcore players while 3-5 are more for casuals.
>>
>>3147035
I would say that 2 isn't nearly as hardcore as 1. At least 2 doesn't end with a massive maze full of teleportation squares.
>>
>>3147020
I just finished a World of Xeen (I played before only in 7,8,10). Fucking good, I never expected that they can give me so much fun. If you liked 10 you can start 4 without any problems. This game wil give you 'Only one field more' syndrome
>>
>>3147043
The final dungeon in 2 is a gauntlet of 12 250 monster encounters topped of with an optional encounter that's practically impossible to win. Maybe more straightforward than the Astral Plane or Soul Labyrinth in 1 but still quite annoying.
You're still restricted to saving at inns while 3 onward you could save anywhere and the enemy respawning had severe limitations.
>>
>>3147035
>>3147062
Alright, I think I'll start with World of Xeen. Are there any fan patches for it? I can't find any.
>>
>>3147171
Nah just start playing and have a open mind. After a Vertigo (first town) have a open mind, remember to save game and try to have fun.
>>
>>3147072
Yeah, but most of those 12 fights are pretty easy by the time you can actually go there. And the optional fight that is pretty much impossible gives you the choice of literally "Walk on by, or Fight?" I would say the Class quests throw more challenge your way. Hell, taking down the Ancient Dragon for the health boost was tougher than Sheltem.
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.