[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Final Fantasy Rebirth
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 1
File: capedasshole.jpg (30 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
capedasshole.jpg
30 KB, 480x360
So, for anyone familiar with the old Final Fantasy 4 multiplayer game called Final Fantasy Remnants will know that it was shutdown sometime last year sadly after an argument between admin and one of the coders.

Well I'm glad to say that a new Final Fantasy 4 multiplayer has reared its head in the form of Final Fantasy Rebirth. As always it is on the Byond client so you'll need that and an account.
https://secure.byond.com/download/

Once that is downloaded and installed just paste
byond://ffivproject.redirectme.net:8445
into your browser to start the game and soon you'll be relieving the good old days back when Final Fantasy was good and not a movie trying to be a game.
>>
This thread deserves to be bumped.
>>
>>3133581
Oh yeah, totally. Its essentially FF4 but with a slightly gutted story for multiplayer. great fun to team up and challenge Zeromus or Gogo.

Last night we had a party fighting gogo, it was a great fight up until he copied someone's Libra spell and locked the fight up >_>
>>
>>3136348
additionally the dev is adding new content fairly regularly and does take player feedback into consideration.

Such as last night he added a Chemist class and Gunner class.

There is a bonus dungeon called the Shrine which houses several bosses which are insanely challenging and are not for the faint of heart.
>>
>>3132017
>https://secure.byond.com/download/
I don't understand, Linux version is server only?
>>
>>3136348
Of all the games to pick from you chose literally the most boring FF game to make multi? Why not III or V? Hell even VI would have been better.
>>
>>3136402
Because three is shit, and five is even worse than three.

Six would be fun but in the capacity of byond I don't think byond could handle it as well as it could FF4.

>literally the most boring FF game
This is FF4 not FF7. I could see how you could make that mistake with your head so far up your own ass.
>>
>>3136391
>I don't understand, Linux version is server only?
I wouldn't know, I use a good OS WinME.
>>
>>3136448
>Because three is shit, and five is even worse than three.

Both of them are far better games than IV. IV has almost no gameplay, it stripped out all the customization of II and III to stick you with pre-made characters you have no control over.

Every bit of the game comes perfectly pre-balanced for you so you never have to worry about anything, just slog through the dungeons and watch the cliched story play out.

FFVII isn't great either, but there's at least a tiny bit of customization you can do for a little gameplay.
>>
>>3132017
So, how you should start your game? Grind around?
>>
>>3137339
Typically I just follow the typical story line, mist cave, octomammoth, grab the hovercraft from bard's castle (can't remember his name cause fuck the spoony bard) and head on to mt hobbs.
>>
>>3136448
>Because three is shit, and five is even worse than three.
Full party customization is shit? What the fuck are you talking about?
>Six would be fun but in the capacity of byond I don't think byond could handle it as well as it could FF4.
I'm trying to think of anything from 6 that couldn't be handled in a similar manner to the way they are handling 4. What are you talking about?
>>
>>3137960
>I'm trying to think of anything from 6 that couldn't be handled in a similar manner to the way they are handling 4
A lot of the scripting and scenes are removed from

Six is a bit more technical, more scripting and shit like that. If they did make it in byond I doubt there would be diverging story lines where you pick which set of characters to control, you would be automatically set in the destroyed world so that would mess up some parts of the story if memory serves. I mean if you think you can code a similar experience with the FF6 world go right ahead. It'd probably one of the most played games on Byond besides SS13

>>3137339
There is also a guide if you get stuck.
http://pastebin.com/jkAQyDFu
>>
>>3136458
I don't think you understand what gameplay is.
>>
>>3132017
New a new class yesterday and the day before called Scholar based on Harley from FF4 After Years.

Uses whips as its class weapon but main form of attack is in the use of "Salving" item to deal damage or heal teammate.

Usually combative like Red/Blue/Yellow Fangs are to weak to be of any use but thanks to Scholar's passive ability to give a .7 multiplier to all items (combative and healing) during combat, her 50% chance to not use items during the Salving command, and the fact combative item scale with her INT she is a force to be reckoned with on her own and a great addition to any team being able to dish out remedies and X-potions to the whole team quickly and efficiently

Additionally, she can give a glare with her "Piercing Sight" to quickly get a read on her enemies vitals and generate weakpoints for her and her teammates to pound on.

And if the first two weren't enough if shit really hits the fan she can fling Gil at the enemies in a mad hopes to not be pounded into a creamy paste.
>>
>>3138079
Gameplay comes down to how often you get to make an interesting decision about something. FFIV being pre-balanced with characters you can't customize in any real way has less of that than any other game in the series after the first one.
>>
>>3132017
Why have I never heard of this and why does it sound so awesome.
>>
>the server is back

I was just talking to a couple people I played this with the other day about how I missed it and wanted to play again.

What a great day.
>>
>>3141686
Is there an actual website for this? Google searches just shows shit for FF14.
>>
>>3132017
Gonna say this.

Final Fantasy The Hunting Grounds was my shit for ages. I played a red mage and my XP was so high, the algorithm change (it used to be different for each class, Red Mage was the slowest) made me jump five levels.
>>
Is there a way to setup a controller for this instead of using the default numpad controls?
>>
>>3141691
No. Byond is a custom game maker engine and the server is unlisted probably to avoid a C&D from square enix.
>>
>>3141702
Xpadder probably or Joy2key. Though honestly I find the Numpad controls to be real great in my opinion.
>>
>>3141718
>probably to avoid a C&D from square enix
Cause Square's a bitch knowing they can't make a good port of FF4 to pc so they have to squash proper competition.
>>
>>3141675
Not surprised you haven't heard of it. Square threw a bitch fit over the last two iterations made by two different teams prior and each time the original host code gets lost and has to be rebuilt from fucking scratch.

>>3141686
Its no FFremnants but its getting there, slowly and surely. The dev is making great strides in adding content and balancing gameplay.
>>
>>3141786
Makes sense seems like it has potential.

Also yeah the patch notes have a new update about every day.
>>
>>3141786
Beggers can't be choosers. I'm aware of how difficult it is to code in byond, I'm just glad it's back in some form.
>>
>>3141872
Oh most definitely, I'm not complaining. Just to my knowledge the game has been twice scrapped now and both times the source dies with it cause they never choose to share it with others to allow the project to live on. And in my opinion FF Remnants had a pretty good bit of changes going for it. :s
>>
I'm gonna make a ninja if anyone wants to kick ass with me for a bit this weekend.

I'll be Surhan in game so send me a whisper or something
>>
>>3142601
I'll look for you should be on at some point soon.
>>
>>3132017
Just wanted to say thanks to OP for posting this.

Having so much fun with this.
>>
Yet another new class has been added today called Green Mage. An advanced support class designed around turning you and your allies into heavily shielded behemoths capable of tanking most anything.

Armed with a different healing spell called Medic/Medica/Medaga you'll be able to heal your teammates and bolster them with a shield for the same amount of health healed.

If that isn't enough to get you going then she is also versed in both Brave and Faith for boosting both your melee and spell casters damage capabilities.

Maybe once you get five or six buffs on your team you may start worrying about keeping your team healed and those buffs flowing. Well thanks to her Renew skill she can reapply every buff at no cost so long as they are active

And should the enemies crack your tough shell, she is skilled in all three forms of resurrection, Rise, Rerise, and Arise.

In short this is a grand addition to any team composition looking for a way to buff up your abilities without cutting in to a slot for a healer
>>
Wasn't it originally called rebirth though?
I wonder how long before this thread turns into a shit-flinging fest like all the rest of 'em.
>>
Is this even retro
>>
>>3143456
Yeah, its been posted here numerous times before in the past with no complaints. Its basically a multiplayer version of the old snes version of FF4
>>
>>3143452
Originally was called FFL or Final Fantasy Legacy, then that was C&D'd. next we had Final Fantasy Remnants which was C&D'd after an internal powerstruggle with the dev team and one splintering off and reporting the project.
eventually leaving us with FF4 Rebirth.
>>
it's dead, jim
>>
>>3145069
It was down a bit earlier today because of power outage, and was done for a moment to release an update.
>>
>>3145089
nah, I meant the thread
it was on page 10
>>
Oh shit I remember this from last summer.

>fucked up custom sprites and had to redo Gilgamesh

good times, despite the "bonus dungeon" being luck based horseshit.
>>
>>3145116
This is a different project, Anon.
>>
>>3145116
No there are custom sprites, you can ask most rednamed staff members and they should give you a sprite change if you ask nicely.

As for Gilgamesh honestly so far the only hard one is the fourth encounter so I've seen and that particular one is bullshit and luckbased but also does require a well prepped team.

But yes the other Anon is right, this is a different project with its own coding, and the bonus dungeon is now called The Shrine and is not actually lucked based (aside from Gilgamesh 4).
>>
I can't believe you guys are retarded enough to post this here after what happened last time it was posted here - the moron that got it taken down fucking frequents this place, you really want his dumb ass to come back and get it taken down again? Jesus fucking christ
>>
>>3147119
We can't help it. We're gluttons for punishment.
>>
ded thred
ded game
>>
Someone explain this to me, this sounds awesome but I know almost nothing about FF4
>>
>>3149408
It is, quite simply, Multiplayer Final Fantasy 4.
Instead of having a set party and going through a story, players can pick their own classes (with more to choose from than just those from the original game,) form their own parties and go through the game like that, although most of the story has been stripped out.
>>
>>3149408
Basically, FF4 the original told the story of Cecil the Dark Knight serving his King Baron. the king was killed and replaced with a Fiend and commanded his troops to travel the globe and capture sacred crystals which held back evil. cecil eventually overcomes his darkness, becomes a useless ass Paladin and saves the world.

Here on FFR, the locations and dungeons are still the same however the story is slightly tweaked so that you can play whichever class you choose with whomever you choose. As the other anon the main bulk of the story is removed however there is still some semblance of a story if you choose to read everything.
>>
>>3149428
>>3149653
Sounds really cool, I'll have have to check it out
>>
>>3141786
But it's developed by the same people.
>>
How do I get on this? I downloaded the client but copy pasting the link just gives me a google search
>>
>>3150302
Try pasting it in byond there's an option somewhere to open a game.
>>
>>3150302
Odd, it shouldn't give you a google search, but you can press CTRL+O to open a dialog box that should allow you to manually add the game yourself
>>
>>3150042
To my knowledge, its made by only one of the previous project's dev
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.